Manager Poll

Doha

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

19 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Your last couple of sentences are laughable.  We're never going to ship out 5 or 6 in the current climate, but if we did, what evidence do you have that bringing in 3 or 4 first teamers would have the desired effect?  Do you think these top players, in the highly unlikely event we managed to sign 3 in January that would walk into the first team, would all bed seamlessly into the first team?  Say we take your second option and change the manager, what crystal ball have you been looking into that's told you the next incumbent is going to be an automatic success?

The point is that both options are essentially gambles, which may or may not work out.  We could do both and still limp along until the end of the season.

This is exactly my point we will never be able to move 5 or 6 players out. I don't think its a viable option which is why I'm an advocate for a change in manager.I still think a different voice and tactics would turn this around with 1 or 2 squad movements. I don't see how that is a gamble when we are going nowhere under JA.

It either works, the ship is turned around quickly and we all have some fun watching the team challenge for play-offs  or we rebuild in the summer with the new manager having had half a season to work out who he wants to keep or release and establish how he wants the team to play.

Advert

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

...Frankly if we were able to be in the ground there would be utter bedlam of booing and “Askey out” by now...

Opinion only - impossible to prove, especially as, according to a few people in football, the crowd has a huge effect on a team's performance!

28 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Opinion only - impossible to prove, especially as, according to a few people in football, the crowd has a huge effect on a team's performance!

Opinion based on experience. When have you known a manager at Vale go on such a losing run in the 4th division and fans happily cheer him on? 

The majority? 61% of those who’ve voted isn’t 61% of the fan base, barely scratches the surface. As for those who have sent any abusive messages, well that’d make me dig my heels in further. And Holloway? Just read his Twitter posts. Grimsby fans are ecstatic. 

13 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

The majority? 61% of those who’ve voted isn’t 61% of the fan base, barely scratches the surface. As for those who have sent any abusive messages, well that’d make me dig my heels in further. And Holloway? Just read his Twitter posts. Grimsby fans are ecstatic. 

It is a selection of the fan base available on a website which caters for people who follow the club. I find it frankly implausible that the majority find recent efforts acceptable and support the manager. 

Abusive messages I agree won’t achieve anything but suggests not everyone is exactly content with matters. 

Holloway is a vastly experienced manager who has had to deal with a dodgy ownership situation. He has managed in the Premier League and has got a solid track record. 

Askey was good at Macclesfield but generally mediocre elsewhere. 

17 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Not happy at all:

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grimsby-fans-reaction-ian-holloway-4826941

Would love to have Holloway in, passion, character and charisma after a procession of bland no marks. You've spent millions,Carol,if you don't shell out on a proper manager whatever millions you've spent are wasted money. Askey will not get us anywhere or anyone inside the club,get bold and back your cash,think real big,please. Merry Xmas all xx

The budget was higher under Smurfwaithe. I do not question our current owners as they unquestionably want the best and we are unquestionably in better hands now. We have a mid-table budget which is where we are. We will be higher by the end of the season.
We have a squad which has little drop off to the reserves so we'll become stronger as fatigue hits in after Christmas. BY then, all will be forgotten when other realise how this works.
Stop talking nonsense.

You have no idea what the budget is or what it was.

It is a selection of the fan base available on a website which caters for people who follow the club. I find it frankly implausible that the majority find recent efforts acceptable and support the manager. 

Abusive messages I agree won’t achieve anything but suggests not everyone is exactly content with matters. 

Holloway is a vastly experienced manager who has had to deal with a dodgy ownership situation. He has managed in the Premier League and has got a solid track record. 

Askey was good at Macclesfield but generally mediocre elsewhere. 
You are kidding. Holloway record is erratic at best, pretty poor at worst.

Archived