Match Thread: Port Vale v Leyton Orient

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

I really think the decision she has to make tonight is pivotal to our season keep him and we are guranteed nothint above mid table. Change him and we may have a chance to make something of the season but thats only a maybe because gettint someone else in isnt guranteed success but i just think there is someone better out there to lead us up the table. I personally hope she will take the chance and go for someone new as i am sick to death of dealing with second best constantly 

Agree he has to go but we do need someone who can move us forward and get us promoted not another manager who will change everything and we still remain a mid table team at best

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop turning on each other with abuse its ridiculous.  Disagree by all means . We are all sick to death of what's going on but abusing others is crackers   

But everyone was delighted that all the players we had last season re-signed.  Folk were orgasmic when Smith re-signed.  Yet now they're rubbish, too old, etc.  Some re-writing of history going on on

I know it’s sacrilege to suggest it but does anyone else think Scott Brown has fallen below his usual extremely high standards recently?

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

But one thing that is perplexing and yes I know that both were pants at Stevenage but how do you legislate for Mckirdy going from starting to not in the 16 and Robinson jettisoned completely from the squad particularly at home.

I find this one bizarre. Neither have player have played particularly well or been given a fair crack.Both where goalscorers at their respective clubs last year which is what we all agreed we desperately needed. This is why we signed them.

I've said it before, something is wrong in that dressing room. I'm not talking about the lads on the pitch because they are working hard but something is not right in that squad.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

Advert:

Sunday league defending for all there goals comedy gold .

Going forwards we look ok at times but giving opposition easy goals well we are only going heading one direction doing that .

Defensive horror show so I'm pointing the finger at them the equalizing goal was beyond terrible and the second  and third goals especially the winner what can you say what a shambles same as third v Tranmere. 

I enjoyed how we played second half going forwards Montys scored a lovely goal and we deserved score many more .

Just now, Jacko51 said:

I know it’s sacrilege to suggest it but does anyone else think Scott Brown has fallen below his usual extremely high standards recently?

Sadly yes, he's almost got a free pass hasn't he because of past form. 

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

He's regressed to average. He was playing ridiculously well at the start of the season, covering up our defensive flaws. Think about the number of daft saves he made from 6 yards out. It wasn't sustainable over more than 5-6 games. Being a League 2 player, he'd start making mistakes/letting easier chances in.

xG had us conceding goals at a far higher rate than we were, primarily due to Scott Brown being superb. It would inevitably collapse. Regress to the mean.

I banged on for weeks that you can't rely on your goalkeeper for 46 games a season. He's now playing normally and our sub-par defense is being exposed. Their chances today were all 6 yards out, as we keep shipping good chances.

I promise you all; xG has predicted these problems for months. An analytics fella called 'Paul Riley' on Twitter predicted our playoff position was down to Brown and would fall off shortly. He was spot on.

Edited by Joe B

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

When teams start conceding omnishambles goals full of compound errors a lot of players throughout the chain can be made to look bad. Even the good, dependable ones.

It's a sign that lots of things are going wrong.

Edited by Santa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

Not been helped by his defenders really.  He must be dreading going on the field now.  Not even he could keep saving the Vale from opposition scoring with world class saves.  Has to be affecting his confidence as well.

2 minutes ago, osprey said:

Yes nothing contentious particularly. Not perfect but better than usual

So you thought it was Ok that their defender pulled Smith’s shirt over his head in the box and that was OK?  

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Our defense has been naff all year. Look at this prediction from October 29th:

998628457_Screenshot2020-11-28at15_58_49.thumb.png.5f0e5fa4077dacd55750901a1ecbd32a.png

So why do we bother playing the rest of the season, Joe if statman knows how it’s going to end up?  

• Like 2