Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

30 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Yeah and we lost to 2nd bottom at home in the week and a pub side the week before. 

What would it upset? We’re not exactly flying are we

On our arses aren't we ? Like when Smurf was at the helm?

Screenshot_20201121-180426_FlashScore UK.jpg

Edited by Saphenous

Advert:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual over reaction on here We had plenty of chances today and yes we struggle to put them away but for me it was an improvement on Tuesdays game and an attacking set up from Askey when we could

Facts We have lost three league games on the bounce each by a single goal despite playing a considerable time with ten men in two of the games. We still sit just outside the play offs in 9th. So

THIS ISN'T AN ASKEY OUT POST BUT I AM GOING TO BE CRITICAL.  Sick and tired of this football club. The evidence is fairly irrefutable that John Askey's Port Vale concede in the last minute a

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Ok with the assistance of hindsight tell me what you would have done after Legge was sent off. 

1 he wouldnt be starting today his perfomances have been bad for weeks 2) mckirdy would of started as he has the abulity to carry the ball and beat a man which id say is vital for away perfomances having someone who can do that- if not starting he woule of been on at half time for the two donkeys theo and devante both are utter garbage and offer nothing. 3)maybe change formation as we have clearly been worked out playing 433

Advert:

15 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Same crap from Askey as last match and the match before that.  We do not get the run of the ball, its hard to take.  The players are showing the effort.  We just need to turn the corner.  Hopefully by Christmas we will be in the position of pushing on.  Why does he not make a recording and just give it to the report.

By Christmas we will be settled in mid league and the gap will be wider.  Fans will be calling for his head with more vigor.  You need to make players realise they need to take the blame for stupid tackles and getting sent off.  He also needs to make sure they are more disciplined.

Not sure I understand your point.

you start off by saying same old crap from Askey, then admit we’re not getting the run of the ball, then go on to say the players are putting the effort in.

Finally, not sure how many managers say to their players before they start the game, don’t get sent off.

Not sure what more he can do.

• Like 3

😡absolutely inept all round, mckirdy might as well pack his boots up if he cant get into this team. half of them need an ice bath before the start! i dont know about taking the knee, perhaps they were praying! 🥵

20 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Loads of folk on here were pleased when we signed Cullen after his strike rate last season which was about second in the division. 

I’m sure that’s true. But managers live and die by their signings don’t they? We have 4 strikers, none of whom look like they are going to score the goals to take us up. It seems pretty clear to me that Cullen can’t play on his own up front. There have been occasional glimpses that he can, but far too often he’s ineffective. And I’m not sure that Askey will change his system to get the best out of him. I’ve got nothing against Cullen personally, he’s no better or worse than the rest of them. For me he’s just a good example of Askey not improving his first team in the summer. And, I think, that’s why we’re on a poor run, not because Legge got sent off today.

We're desperate for a proper striker. Pope is way past his best. Cullen doesn't have the tools to play up front alone. Robinson is bang average in all aspects of his game and Rodney is a million years away from being ready to play up front every week due to a lack of experience. Pope is still probably the pick of the bunch which considering his age and lack of any sort of pace or mobility, say's an awful lot.

Funny thig is we're not a million miles away. A striker and a bit more discipline within the ranks, along with some better decisions by Askey, and we'd be right among it. The league is awful. We're not going up with a front line of Pope, Cullen, Robinson and Rodney.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

We're desperate for a proper striker. Pope is way past his best. Cullen doesn't have the tools to play up front alone. Robinson is bang average in all aspects of his game and Rodney is a million years away from being ready to play up front every week due to a lack of experience. Pope is still probably the pick of the bunch which considering his age and lack of any sort of pace or mobility, say's an awful lot.

Funny thig is we're not a million miles away. A striker and a bit more discipline within the ranks, along with some better decisions by Askey, and we'd be right among it. The league is awful. We're not going up with a front line of Pope, Cullen, Robinson and Rodney.

Agree spot on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Spot on!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Tyler I’m not too bothered about going up as one we’re not good enough and two you have to have a bit of luck with decisions, injuries and suspensions. No one in the treatment room when a team is winning or doing well.

The frustration is that something is not right which can be seen in the performances. They’re dire and one dimensional and it’s for that reason that teams know how to play us. I’d just like to think we’ve tried our hardest and the ship will turn but I don’t see that anytime soon and that’s what frustrates the living hell out of me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, raywalkersbananakick said:

Agree who do we sign with in reason emoji460.png

No one else because we don’t have the money and the priority is to ride this out. We can’t even sack the manager as we would have to then pay him off. I suppose Carol is looking at the bigger picture and survival of the club is paramount and without fans back in the ground we’re stuck.

Advert:

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

We're not going up with a front line of Pope, Cullen, Robinson and Rodney.

I would agree if we play 1 upfront. We currently don't have a striker who is capable of playing on there own effectively upfront.  

JA needs to find a system where we can play with 2 from those 4.  I still think there is potential for a potent strike force there if play with 2. If not  then I think we need to ship out both Cullen and Robinson and use the wage to get one really good player who can play upfront on their own.

• Like 1