Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Disappointing today but was always going to be difficult against a Newport side that are on fire. Devastating to concede again at the death, but didn’t deserve anything from the game. Legge let us down, hopefully he can regain his form. 

Despite dropping a point we are still one off the play offs. Obviously this bad run needs turning around, but I’m still behind Askey. All teams have bad runs. Results like this evoke strong emotions but if you look at the table we are still in a good position. Who knows if he’ll turn it around or not but he deserves that chance to.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual over reaction on here We had plenty of chances today and yes we struggle to put them away but for me it was an improvement on Tuesdays game and an attacking set up from Askey when we could

Facts We have lost three league games on the bounce each by a single goal despite playing a considerable time with ten men in two of the games. We still sit just outside the play offs in 9th. So

THIS ISN'T AN ASKEY OUT POST BUT I AM GOING TO BE CRITICAL.  Sick and tired of this football club. The evidence is fairly irrefutable that John Askey's Port Vale concede in the last minute a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Isn't hindsight wonderful!

The two people to blame for the defeat today were on the pitch not in the dug out.  Legge for his daft red card and Fitzpatrick for giving away that ridiculous corner at the end.  Just leave the bloody ball man and let it run out.

Its a different player each game though. They are professional players who have played for many years and are coached all week

13 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Jean i dont want Askey out but i said to a group i am in as soon as Legge was booked that he needed to be subbed for Brisley because with so long to go in the game and how he plays with his lack of pace,he was bound to go..... if i could see it jean surely askey could,its always a big risk to leave him to play on a yellow for 80+ minutes

Defenders get booked all the time.  Are you advocating that they should always be subbed in case they get sent off?  As a manager you have to trust your experienced players.  Leon let the manager down today.

Leon was booked after 20 minutes against Southend.  I don't remember anyone demanding his substitution that day.

Defenders get booked all the time.  Are you advocating that they should always be subbed in case they get sent off?  As a manager you have to trust your experienced players.  Leon let the manager down today.
Leon was booked after 20 minutes against Southend.  I don't remember anyone demanding his substitution that day.

Exactly- Worrell got booked, Monty got booked- we are going to need more subs if we take someone off every time they get booked

Advert:

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

It’s really harsh blaming Fitzpatrick for the defeat, he’s got a player behind him and has to deal with the ball. Legges are definitely bookings and yes he’s daft for the second, but it’s mad to say he should have come off because he’d been booked. First half we had some good chances and dare I say it we were yet again putting balls into the box that were more suited to a big man. Worralls high and lofted deliveries were pointless and it was like he had no variation in his delivery at times. Once we’re down to ten men we’ve just got to hang in there, unfortunately we switched off on the second ball and we were punished. Whats worrying is that last season we relied on full backs and wingers a lot to provide our threat, and I’d say they delivered along with the 2 midfielders alongside Joyce , this season we just haven’t got near that level of attacking play that we had last season. Have we been found out or are players just out of form?

This season we do not have Taylor. How lucky was that signing ?

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

This season we do not have Taylor. How lucky was that signing ?

Yep he was one of the midfielders I was referring to from last year who did well for us and was vital in how we played going forward. We tried and failed to sign him and didn’t get anyone in with the qualities he has.

Edited by PV1973

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It wasn't lucky - he must have been crap because all Askey's signings are apparently.

Who has askey signed that’s genuinely improved our starting 11? Other than Taylor I honestly can’t name anyone. I can’t remember did he sign amoo? If so Theres one. I think mckirdy could be but needs to be given a chance. 

Advert:

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Who has askey signed that’s genuinely improved our starting 11? Other than Taylor I honestly can’t name anyone. I can’t remember did he sign amoo? If so Theres one. I think mckirdy could be but needs to be given a chance. 

He did sign Amoo.

10 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It wasn't lucky - he must have been crap because all Askey's signings are apparently.

Sorry Jacko. I do not believe that when we took a young lad on loan from Forest that we seriously expected to play him so many games and the hat full of goals we got from him.