Match Thread: Newport County v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The usual over reaction on here We had plenty of chances today and yes we struggle to put them away but for me it was an improvement on Tuesdays game and an attacking set up from Askey when we could

Facts We have lost three league games on the bounce each by a single goal despite playing a considerable time with ten men in two of the games. We still sit just outside the play offs in 9th. So

THIS ISN'T AN ASKEY OUT POST BUT I AM GOING TO BE CRITICAL.  Sick and tired of this football club. The evidence is fairly irrefutable that John Askey's Port Vale concede in the last minute a

Posted Images

I'd hoped that the close season signings would improve us bit by bit Askey has had brilliant backing from Carol and Co but it seems to be a bit of struggle for Askey to get the team going.

I dont think he is a promotion manager,one who can give you stability mid table averageness Carol and Co are going to find out about the cold reality of owning a football club,let's hope we can turn it around.

By the way Askey doesn't like McKirdy does he ?

• Like 3

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

Sorry Jacko. I do not believe that when we took a young lad on loan from Forest that we seriously expected to play him so many games and the hat full of goals we got from him.

I don't get your point.  Taylor was a very good signing, my comment was a tongue in cheek response to all those saying Askey only makes crap signings.  Thing was, Taylor's last game for us was on New Year's Day and we did just as well after he left.  He was only part of the reason why we finished close to the play offs last year.

1 hour ago, Santa said:

Under Adams we could be horrible to play against, whether that be a physical contest, a bit of pace in the side or something else that the opposition wouldn't relish.

I don't sense that with the current side at the minute. As has been pointed out earlier, we are "nice".

Adams was pretty unique. A manager who came to Vale having managed big clubs in the top division, yet also had huge knowledge of the lower leagues. 

Come to think of it, it was very sad how his career ended, in anonymity managing in Ireland. He deserved better. 

I do miss him and watching Askey recently with his dour stuff makes me miss Adams’s chippy, sometimes arrogant responses to media questioning and the like. He had balls and determination. Something I just don’t see in Askey. 

Looking back my biggest regret is that too many fans turned on Adams when things got rough, when in fact it should have been directed at Smurfwaite. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Mario said:

By the way Askey doesn't like McKirdy does he ?

Well Askey signed him and McKirdy did have a bit of a poor reputation personality wise prior to joining. 

I am not convinced he is a better option than Worrall or Amoo but he certainly should be being used more as an impact sub. 

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Adams was pretty unique. A manager who came to Vale having managed big clubs in the top division, yet also had huge knowledge of the lower leagues. 

Come to think of it, it was very sad how his career ended, in anonymity managing in Ireland. He deserved better. 

I do miss him and watching Askey recently with his dour stuff makes me miss Adams’s chippy, sometimes arrogant responses to media questioning and the like. He had balls and determination. Something I just don’t see in Askey. 

Looking back my biggest regret is that too many fans turned on Adams when things got rough, when in fact it should have been directed at Smurfwaite. 

I said many times at the time that fans would regret hounding MA out. One poster on here who doesn't post much any more called the 2nd  best manager we ever had a dinosaur 10 weeks after we had gained promotion. 

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

We're desperate for a proper striker. Pope is way past his best. Cullen doesn't have the tools to play up front alone. Robinson is bang average in all aspects of his game and Rodney is a million years away from being ready to play up front every week due to a lack of experience. Pope is still probably the pick of the bunch which considering his age and lack of any sort of pace or mobility, say's an awful lot.

Funny thig is we're not a million miles away. A striker and a bit more discipline within the ranks, along with some better decisions by Askey, and we'd be right among it. The league is awful. We're not going up with a front line of Pope, Cullen, Robinson and Rodney.

100% spot on.  👏  An unusually sensible summing up from you Tyler, are you off the dust today? 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Well Askey signed him and McKirdy did have a bit of a poor reputation personality wise prior to joining. 

I am not convinced he is a better option than Worrall or Amoo but he certainly should be being used more as an impact sub. 

Im not convinced Askey wanted him and im still not convinced Harry would be with us if he had even one other offer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Isn't hindsight wonderful!

The two people to blame for the defeat today were on the pitch not in the dug out.  Legge for his daft red card and Fitzpatrick for giving away that ridiculous corner at the end.  Just leave the bloody ball man and let it run out.

If Fitz had a shout, "leave" or "time", or whatever, then fair enough, but if not he has to deal with it to be on the safe side unless he's absolutely sure where the winger is behind him.  After that I'm not sure if he miskicked, trying to hook the ball away, or opted to play it straight out.

Advert:

5 minutes ago, WV said:

Im not convinced Askey wanted him and im still not convinced Harry would be with us if he had even one other offer. 

So if he didn't get one other offer after being the leading scorer at Carlisle.....Blimey.

To preserve my sanity, I rarely read or post on here but any manager who has overseen the sort of cak we have watched over the last 3 weeks would be under massive pressure.

The fact that the forward line is worse than last year says a lot about Askey’s transfer business.

That said, he must have a safer job than that guy who visits on 25th December 

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Mario said:
14 minutes ago, WV said:

Not trying to drive a wedge between the player and supporters then

Just giving my opinion my Italian brother. 

Just now, WV said:

Where was that then? Not when I spoke to him he didn't and that was about 2 days before he signed for us. 

Cheltenham, he was offered it before he started training with us. Can’t blame him for wanting to be closer to home. 

Edited by PV1973

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Jean i dont want Askey out but i said to a group i am in as soon as Legge was booked that he needed to be subbed for Brisley because with so long to go in the game and how he plays with his lack of pace,he was bound to go..... if i could see it jean surely askey could,its always a big risk to leave him to play on a yellow for 80+ minutes

Absolutely bang on chief.

• Like 1