valefan16

Mitch Clark

Clark has been OK. He had a rough patch mid-season but found his form again recently under Askey.

I'd be surprised if any Championship clubs have scouted him and seen anything that caught their eye, but if his agent can get him a move to a higher league, fair play to him.

He'll probably go back to (ben)Dover!

If true that Miller has gone (had his contract cancelled?) & with Howkins returning early, wonder if anything will happen with Gibbons, bearing in mind the off-the-pitch rumours recently?

Currently a below average league two player in a below average league two team. Has the potential to do more but I'd be very surprised if he isn't playing league two football next season.

If his agent is so sure he won't be playing for Vale this season I see no reason for him to travel with the squad tomorrow so hope he's given the day off.

I think to say he is a below average league 2 player is harsh....only my opinion of course

Agents are the rswipes of football. Would love to meet Clarke's agent to discuss what Championship club he should instantly walk in to. I mean, Norwich are probably a bit beneath him, and likewise Sheffield United. But Villa have let him go, so perhaps he can get 200K a week plying his trade for Arsenal? They need a full back who hasn't exactly lit up league 2, don't they?

Come on Popey, get off the fence and tell us what you really think! Fantastic twitter feed from Tom

Agents are nothing more than footballers pimps!!!

I think to say he is a below average league 2 player is harsh....only my opinion of course

I'd say he is currently an average League 2 player - OK defensively but needs to improve his attacking play from full-back. He's certainly getting better in terms of going forward and linking up with the man ahead (Worrall) but his delivery/crossing lets him down at the moment. But, he's still young & inexperienced and will undoubtedly improve his all-round game.

He's probably on a par with Gibbons so in terms of keeping Clark, that depends on whether there are (off-field) issues with Gibbons that will mean he won't be selected, or even shipped out of the club. If so, then keeping Clark would be a good move.

Clark has potential, looked superb when he first came similar to Whits last year but as he’s settled in his inexperience has shown at times which is understandable. Cambridge away sticks out when he was run ragged for instance.

He is in the potentially very good category and if his agent cared about his player would advise he goes somewhere he can get game time to improve and put himself in the shop window rather than going and sitting in a Championship sides reserves.

Being honest he will go to a league 1 club and will be a regular starter there. Hard to see us signing many more with Smurfwaite hanging around like a bad smell.

Being honest he will go to a league 1 club and will be a regular starter there. Hard to see us signing many more with Smurfwaite hanging around like a bad smell.

Reading between the lines it won't be long before he's gone.

Did you miss our best player committing to us which suggests a takeover is done?

His agent sounds like a bullshitter, wouldn't surprise me if it was him that put Dean Smith off signing the player as it seemed strange to release a young lad who has just made 40 odd appearances on his first loan spell out.