onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I bought two season tickets at Port Vale. I have watched Liverpool live twice including the brilliant Champions League game v PSG. I have watched Tranmere once not counting the game at Prenton Park where I was of course supporting Port Vale. I have watched Barcelona in the Camp Nou once and Montrose last Summer.

So if you are watching Sky, BT, ITV4, Premier, the pub league etc. That is watching lots of other teams ......? Obviously the biggest highlight at Port Vale this season has mostly been off the pitch - the pies and tee shirts. Its is relief to watch higher level and in two cases world class football.

Barcelona and Liverpool are both world class teams and that tie will be some tie. Messi is arguably the greatest player ever and for my 60th birthday I set out to watch him live in the best seats in the Camp Nou. Took son and daughter as well.

if its any consolation even the greatest player ever can make an horrendous square pass leading to a massive counter attack that could have cost Barcelona the game. But otherwise he was everything you'd expect.

I think it is useful to have seen MK Dons and Tranmere recently. It has helped me to judge how far away from their level we are. My Conclusion we need significant change. I know lots of other people will have reached that conclusion irrespective of my travels, but it helped me. It is possible to get attached to players who try or who are genuinely nice people, but this is sport and objectively we are not good enough.

😵😵😵😵😵😵

He'll start the stiffs, 100% guaranteed.

I hope B&G are organising a Smurthwaite leaving party.

Is he just playing for time until the end of the season to then say he is not selling to SS and has a multi billionaire buyer in the Far East willing to pay him silly money to buy the club.

If the sale does go through hopefully before the Macc game we can dress up and celebrate staying in the league and party.

I hope I'm wrong but we could very easily lose all our three remaining games, with a whimper, now that we are safe.

Quite often we seem to collapse like a pack of cards in some of the meaningless end of season fixtures in the sunshine.

And all three teams we are yet to play have something big to play for.

Quite frankly I just want the season to end.

I can count on one hand the number of enjoyable games I've seen in the past two seasons combined.

It's been a very hard watch.

Get this horrible campaign over. Get rid of the equally horrible owner. And let's try and start again and build some solid foundations for the first time in ages.

Team I'd go for.

Brown

Gibbons, Howkins, Smith, Clark

Hannant, Joyce, Conlon

Worrall, Pope, Montano

Is Gibbons injured, he hasn't even been on the bench last few games. He was playing well before a slight injury brought Clarke back in. Maybe he has spoken out, who knows!

I hope I'm wrong but we could very easily lose all our three remaining games, with a whimper, now that we are safe.

Quite often we seem to collapse like a pack of cards in some of the meaningless end of season fixtures in the sunshine.

And all three teams we are yet to play have something big to play for.

Quite frankly I just want the season to end.

I can count on one hand the number of enjoyable games I've seen in the past two seasons combined.

It's been a very hard watch.

Get this horrible campaign over. Get rid of the equally horrible owner. And let's try and start again and build some solid foundations for the first time in ages.

Agreed with all that, but the fact that where we were at the end of January and to be safe now with three matches to spare is something I find quite remarkable>

Agreed with all that, but the fact that where we were at the end of January and to be safe now with three matches to spare ist something I find quite remarkable>
Given our shambolic January I 100% agree with you. But we can't keep relying on two teams being even more crap than us. If things keep on this way our luck will run out at some point.

In my humble opinion, I think it would be taking the absolute **** of the supporters, if the last 3 games were used like the final game at Cambridge last season!

Playing fringe players, to see if they’ll cut it. Well, what is he expecting to see from playing them ONE game?

We are playing 2 teams, chasing direct promotion, and a team batteling to avoid relegation.

I don’t give a damn, I think we should try and play our part in how the final table turns out!

Lets give all 3 teams a battle for the point, instead of just putting a reserve team out, basicly rolling over and handing them the points.

MKDons mustn't be able to believe their luck playing a hapless Port Vale, safe from relegation, with a history of downing tools once there's no point to the season. Meanwhile, the rest of the promotion contenders will be hoping against hope we put in a competitive performance. They'll be lucky.

I hope Arthur reminds them they owe it to the fans to put in a shift but, after Saturday's performance, I just don't think they'll bother.

The sooner we get to the end of the season, the better as far as I'm concerned.

MKDons mustn't be able to believe their luck playing a hapless Port Vale, safe from relegation, with a history of downing tools once there's no point to the season. Meanwhile, the rest of the promotion contenders will be hoping against hope we put in a competitive performance. They'll be lucky.

I hope Arthur reminds them they owe it to the fans to put in a shift but, after Saturday's performance, I just don't think they'll bother.

It happens year on year too, 5-0 v Cambridge, 5-0 v Swindon, 5-0 v Walsall, The 1-0 v Barnet which sent Lincoln down and Grew blew his top, 6-0 v Swindon... list after list.

We didn't down tools on Friday.

I just cannot see anything but a good spanking. For sometime now we lack steel in the side we need some real men! Watched Luton on TV the other day they have some right scary dudes ! Gunning was a big loss not that he was a great player but had the right attitude something we sadly lack. I hope Askey can bring in some quality in the summer because what we have now is nowhere near good enough to challenge for anything, let alone stay in the league.

Archived