onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

Not many visitors get points at top 4 teams which is one reason why they are top 4 teams. Always the chance of a surprise, Main purpose for Askey is to assess what he inherited, not much tax to pay though. At least the chance to play football, unlike on Saturday, and give others a chance to show what they can do, are they worth keeping or time to go. Unfortunately with little at stake motivation can be a problem, but for individuals it could be significant.

Advert

Can’t see us getting anything here, just glad we’re safe now because I can’t see us getting anything at Bury either which just leaves Macc to pick up some points from.

It was important to reach safety with the matches that were winnable, thankfully before we had to win.

In my humble opinion, I think it would be taking the absolute **** of the supporters, if the last 3 games were used like the final game at Cambridge last season!

Playing fringe players, to see if they’ll cut it. Well, what is he expecting to see from playing them ONE game?

We are playing 2 teams, chasing direct promotion, and a team batteling to avoid relegation.

I don’t give a damn, I think we should try and play our part in how the final table turns out!

Lets give all 3 teams a battle for the point, instead of just putting a reserve team out, basicly rolling over and handing them the points.

I have seen MK Dons play at Tranmere last weekend. Both teams played good football on a bumpy pitch. MK Dons must win to get in to the automatic slots. They also play in a stadium with a higher level quality pitch that suits good football. Queue Port Vale turning up with half heart players, too many immobile big dudes, a couple of lets give them a try players and we are going to need miracle man Brown in goal to keep the loss in single figures. I am wondering how many humiliations can be visited on Port Vale supporters in any one season.

My Scottish team Montrose look like they have made it to playoffs. May try to find a way to go and support them at the end of this season now Port Vale have limped past safety.

I have seen MK Dons play at Tranmere last weekend. Both teams played good football on a bumpy pitch. MK Dons must win to get in to the automatic slots. They also play in a stadium with a higher level quality pitch that suits good football. Queue Port Vale turning up with half heart players, too many immobile big dudes, a couple of lets give them a try players and we are going to need miracle man Brown in goal to keep the loss in single figures. I am wondering how many humiliations can be visited on Port Vale supporters in any one season.

My Scottish team Montrose look like they have made it to playoffs. May try to find a way to go and support them at the end of this season now Port Vale have limped past safety.

How many teams do you actually support?!?

A point or more here would be an achievement, but I think Macc is winnable, and theres no reason we cant come away with a positive result from a stuttering Bury side who are in big trouble off the pitch. Getting past 50pts would be an achievement given our car crash of a season. I would like to see Daniels given some game time, and Howkins returning, and I would consider starting with Miller.

A point or more here would be an achievement, but I think Macc is winnable, and theres no reason we cant come away with a positive result from a stuttering Bury side who are in big trouble off the pitch. Getting past 50pts would be an achievement given our car crash of a season. I would like to see Daniels given some game time, and Howkins returning, and I would consider starting with Miller.

The same Daniels who left in January?

More hoof ball to Pope and again he will get no service from the rest of the team. Can only see poor Pope getting clattered and then more clattered some more from two defenders marking him.

Just hope its not a heavy defeat again.

In my humble opinion, I think it would be taking the absolute **** of the supporters, if the last 3 games were used like the final game at Cambridge last season!

Playing fringe players, to see if they’ll cut it. Well, what is he expecting to see from playing them ONE game?

We are playing 2 teams, chasing direct promotion, and a team batteling to avoid relegation.

I don’t give a damn, I think we should try and play our part in how the final table turns out!

Lets give all 3 teams a battle for the point, instead of just putting a reserve team out, basicly rolling over and handing them the points.

Agree 100% but that is the way it is going. Yesterday our lot looked like they already had their flip-flops on, and Arthur was clearly experimenting. Disrespectful for the long suffering fans and other teams in the league. Be interesting to see how we go vs Macc.

How many teams do you actually support?!?

I bought two season tickets at Port Vale. I have watched Liverpool live twice including the brilliant Champions League game v PSG. I have watched Tranmere once not counting the game at Prenton Park where I was of course supporting Port Vale. I have watched Barcelona in the Camp Nou once and Montrose last Summer.

So if you are watching Sky, BT, ITV4, Premier, the pub league etc. That is watching lots of other teams ......? Obviously the biggest highlight at Port Vale this season has mostly been off the pitch - the pies and tee shirts. Its is relief to watch higher level and in two cases world class football.

Barcelona and Liverpool are both world class teams and that tie will be some tie. Messi is arguably the greatest player ever and for my 60th birthday I set out to watch him live in the best seats in the Camp Nou. Took son and daughter as well.

if its any consolation even the greatest player ever can make an horrendous square pass leading to a massive counter attack that could have cost Barcelona the game. But otherwise he was everything you'd expect.

I think it is useful to have seen MK Dons and Tranmere recently. It has helped me to judge how far away from their level we are. My Conclusion we need significant change. I know lots of other people will have reached that conclusion irrespective of my travels, but it helped me. It is possible to get attached to players who try or who are genuinely nice people, but this is sport and objectively we are not good enough.

Archived