onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Saturday's protest

smithie

If it turns ugly tomorrow he will get the blame for sure 😶

Can people please please please learn that replying to idiot trolls like this does nothing but make them laugh as it’s exactly what they want. They are trying to wind you up... Distant valiant is succeeding.

He doesn’t belive the things he is saying, he is just trying to Upset people.

His posts are so obviously biased because he knows what pushes the buttons of people who have realised how dangerous Smurthwaite is.

Just ignore, ignore, ignore!!

Advert

Well that’s democracy and I’m all for it .... it just doesn’t sit right ... an individual who has close links with the club at the highest level , leading supporters into such a frenzy that we have a mob walk prior to one of our most important games for years ! I will be in the vicinity of the club and in the ground to support Port Vale and nothing else ! 👍

It’s only one of our “most important games for years” because of how far we’ve fallen, that we’re desperate for 3 points to try to avoid going out of the football league, for the second time in 2 seasons.

Thanks Santa .... I’m just it the opinion ( and not many people agree with me I can see that ... )but I think the supporters club chairman should be working with the club not against it !

If you had anything about you,any understanding you would know that he has worked with the club many times.

I’ve not posted on here for about three years, mainly because the last time I did, there were quite a few Smurthwaite sycophants (some who remarkably still haven’t seen the woods from the trees it seems) who would try and shoot any dissenting voice down; it’s funny how times change.....

In those three years, I’ve pretty much walked away from the club. A mental chairman, apathetic fans who blindly supported an asset stripper, and dreadful football which is not worth £5 never mind £20+. I’ve better things to spend my time doing now and I don’t miss it.

It’s much easier to walk away from the match day routine and get out of habit, than it is to get back into, and I think there are many more supporters out there like me.

Whilst I have all the respect in the world for people who are taking a stand now, particularly the people coordinating the campaign, and especially those who were involved last time; how they have the stomach and energy for another war of attrition I don’t know, I think the damage has already been done.

Whilst ultimately, the demise of the club sits squarely on the shoulders of Smurthwaite, fans who have supported him over the last few years need to take a look in the mirror too.

A lovely little story but with all due respect if everyone walked away like yourself we might not have a football club at all?

Thanks Santa .... I’m just it the opinion ( and not many people agree with me I can see that ... )but I think the supporters club chairman should be working with the club not against it !

The chairman of the supporters club has a duty to the members of the supporters club.... not to the club they support.

A lovely little story but with all due respect if everyone walked away like yourself we might not have a football club at all?

Thats a bit like saying if everyone aboard the titanic had stayed onboard it wouldnt have sunk.

You cant blame people for walking away or refusing to pay for something they are totally dissalusioned about

Good post mate.

I' like you and MANY others have had enough. We have endured many years of ups and downs supporting Vale but recently it has become an absolute chore to try and muster enough enthusiasm to watch games under Smurthwaite's ownership.

There are incredible numbers of Valiants that have deserted Vale under Smuthwaite's ownership and this now has to stop, for the sake of Vale's existence.

Protests can achieve goals. Fans have to turn up in numbers to show they care and abhor what one man has and is doing to Vale.

I firmly believe that today can be an excellent start to ousting the man and getting him to sell up and disappear into the sunset. A new Port Vale with hope and credible expectations is needed for it's fantastic fans. I hope today we can show our allegiance as decent, law abiding fans to Port Vale FC and maybe those fans that want to join us but are simply waiting to see what numbers turn up can then gird their loins too in future matches and protests against the Owner.

Because of his ego and obvious contempt for true Valiants, the man has alienated himself now to such an extent that hard core and long standing fans are having to search their inner passion and realisation that with him in charge we are a lost cause. He is taking us to oblivion and it's obvious now that more and more people are opening their eyes to the destruction and demise of a once great Football Club.

I'm off now to don my black and gold shirt and ready myself for protests. Have to say, I've not looked forward more to a match day like this in ages and ages! We want Smurthwaite out. Sell up, we want you out. Give a chance to another Owner to resurrect our Club as you clearly have failed my man.

Excellent post mate, and so very true, enough is enough! Managers that fail have to go! Owners that fail,lie, asset strip and deceive, have to go!!!!

Exactly the same for me really.

I ******* hate sex man and refuse to spend another penny at that place while he's around. I'd rather sacrifice my life.

I've not been to a game since relegation day at Fleetwood where I realised I don't see eye to eye with most of the folk who go to Vale, that was a very sad day. A lot of Vale fans make my blood boil unfortunately, not to the same extent that sex man does mind you. My mates who still go to Vale, and the realists on here, are up against it I feel. Something occurs every so often that makes me realise again how ****** it is. Maybe getting rid of sex man would bury a lot of those issues, I dunno, I just don't know if I'll ever enjoy standing shoulder to shoulder with Vale fans again and it feel right, like it used to. Things may change, hopefully I've got a fair bit of time left on this dump we call earth, I just don't think football will ever be a big part of my life again. I don't think I really like what it has become regardless of sex man, the fans etc. Football seems to be on its way out to me, that could be just because of how I feel about it though.

But sex man is the ultimate ******. Chief ******. GIVE HIM ******* HELL!!

I'm .in much the same way I have had all my enthusiasm sapped out of me.Havnt bothered for the last few games.Todays plan is go have a few beer's.Join in with the protest march by the town hall.Go with the protest march up to Vale park.But dont think I will go the match.As we are now I wont be having a season ticket next season.(that would be my 30th season ticket).

I agree .... but he won’t be elected again !

I wasn't at the meeting but understood the vote was massively in favour of the protest, perhaps someone will confirm. I understand it was close to 100% in favour. As Mark Porter didn't vote why would he not be elected again ? Perhaps you should stand I'm sure you will win with a huge majority .Any truth in the rumour you are holding your campaign meeting inside a phone box on Hamil Road.

Archived