onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Saturday's protest

smithie

Advert

He’s overseen and arranged an event that is going to have an adverse effect on our club .... it’s not personal ... he should of nipped it in the bud for the good of Port Vale ! 👍

So please explain just how he could have'nipped it in the bud'?Even IF he didn't agree with the march / protest how could he have nipped it in the bud? You really are clueless,

Although i echo your statements,many of the starve em out campaign never had another ticket after that season because of abuse they received from fellow supporters on demonstrations. But i dont agree about people supporting him,they were conned and like any good con man he prayed on the fact they loved the club and he could easily con them. You saw the light early on but dont blame people for wanting to believe.

I see you must still have an affection else you would not post.

Bury the hatchet and lend your support today we need your help

You say people were conned, but surely as soon as the news came out that he had split the ground from the football club, alarm bells must have started to ring.

It’s not about burying the hatchet (not that I have one to bury), I have other plans this afternoon. Like I’ve said, it’s easy to fill the time you used to spend at the football. It’s harder to find the time again.

Well that’s democracy and I’m all for it .... it just doesn’t sit right ... an individual who has close links with the club at the highest level , leading supporters into such a frenzy that we have a mob walk prior to one of our most important games for years ! I will be in the vicinity of the club and in the ground to support Port Vale and nothing else ! 👍

Well that’s democracy and I’m all for it .... it just doesn’t sit right ... an individual who has close links with the club at the highest level , leading supporters into such a frenzy that we have a mob walk prior to one of our most important games for years ! I will be in the vicinity of the club and in the ground to support Port Vale and nothing else !

Frenzy! Mob!! Behave yourself.

This echoes my thoughts exactly. Thankfully though, the rumblings for change have finally started and so I see it as duty to give it another go. I've had most of the best times of my life revolving around this club and it's people. Why should that be a distant memory? It's time for a new dawn. New memories. Vale doesn't have to be eternally in the doldrums. If people now want another fight - I'm right there with them.

Good post mate.

I' like you and MANY others have had enough. We have endured many years of ups and downs supporting Vale but recently it has become an absolute chore to try and muster enough enthusiasm to watch games under Smurthwaite's ownership.

There are incredible numbers of Valiants that have deserted Vale under Smuthwaite's ownership and this now has to stop, for the sake of Vale's existence.

Protests can achieve goals. Fans have to turn up in numbers to show they care and abhor what one man has and is doing to Vale.

I firmly believe that today can be an excellent start to ousting the man and getting him to sell up and disappear into the sunset. A new Port Vale with hope and credible expectations is needed for it's fantastic fans. I hope today we can show our allegiance as decent, law abiding fans to Port Vale FC and maybe those fans that want to join us but are simply waiting to see what numbers turn up can then gird their loins too in future matches and protests against the Owner.

Because of his ego and obvious contempt for true Valiants, the man has alienated himself now to such an extent that hard core and long standing fans are having to search their inner passion and realisation that with him in charge we are a lost cause. He is taking us to oblivion and it's obvious now that more and more people are opening their eyes to the destruction and demise of a once great Football Club.

I'm off now to don my black and gold shirt and ready myself for protests. Have to say, I've not looked forward more to a match day like this in ages and ages! We want Smurthwaite out. Sell up, we want you out. Give a chance to another Owner to resurrect our Club as you clearly have failed my man.

When the Cheekys of this world drift off to do better things with their time, you're in trouble.

I know people who have fallen out of love with the Vale completely but are turning up today because they are angry with Smurthwaite for doing that to them. It would be nice to see one or two old faces today, even if they go straight home afterwards.

From home and away three years ago, to the Boxing Day match only with my brothers and cousins. It says a lot.....

I would have been half tempted today, if only for the pre-match pint which I do miss, but it’s a nice day and I’m spending it with Daisy.

Well that’s democracy and I’m all for it .... it just doesn’t sit right ... an individual who has close links with the club at the highest level , leading supporters into such a frenzy that we have a mob walk prior to one of our most important games for years ! I will be in the vicinity of the club and in the ground to support Port Vale and nothing else !

There were already protests arranged before the last two scheduled home games that had nothing to do with the SC. The Tranmere game got called off while the Carlisle protest was cancelled due to Norm's failure to observe the Green Cross Code. There would have been something today whether or not it had gone through the SC.

I saw this in the days of V2001 at end of the season the protests were massive but the one at the beginning of the next season was poor in comparison. This is because people are optimists at heart and a couple of new freebies cons and kids many into believing in a brighter new dawn but under this waster it simply won't happen.

I saw it too Sage. As sure as I can be after 44 years with the Vale is that if he's not gone I certainly won't be here next season to see what happens. I find it incredible that we as fans endure so much and pay for the privilege. It suggests a love for something that lasts through thick and thin. Depending on your morals and outlook on life this is either insane or the 'right' thing to do.

From home and away three years ago, to the Boxing Day match only with my brothers and cousins. It says a lot.....

I would have been half tempted today, if only for the pre-match pint which I do miss, but it’s a nice day and I’m spending it with Daisy.

Have a good one, we should try and catch up soon.

If you don’t show up you are S S SDL. No excuses mate 😂

No, just those that will twist any story or any point of view to shift blame away from Smurthwaite... special gold membership status is saved those those that do it whilst claiming to be “on the fence” 😂😂😂

Thanks Santa .... I’m just it the opinion ( and not many people agree with me I can see that ... )but I think the supporters club chairman should be working with the club not against it !

He has to act as a critical friend of the club.

The sort of mate who comes round your house and tells you to pull yourself together when it's half ten in the morning and you're halfway down a bottle of Scotch wearing just your underpants.

Figuratively speaking.

Archived