onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Saturday's protest

smithie

Advert

I’ve not posted on here for about three years, mainly because the last time I did, there were quite a few Smurthwaite sycophants (some who remarkably still haven’t seen the woods from the trees it seems) who would try and shoot any dissenting voice down; it’s funny how times change.....

In those three years, I’ve pretty much walked away from the club. A mental chairman, apathetic fans who blindly supported an asset stripper, and dreadful football which is not worth £5 never mind £20+. I’ve better things to spend my time doing now and I don’t miss it.

It’s much easier to walk away from the match day routine and get out of habit, than it is to get back into, and I think there are many more supporters out there like me.

Whilst I have all the respect in the world for people who are taking a stand now, particularly the people coordinating the campaign, and especially those who were involved last time; how they have the stomach and energy for another war of attrition I don’t know, I think the damage has already been done.

Whilst ultimately, the demise of the club sits squarely on the shoulders of Smurthwaite, fans who have supported him over the last few years need to take a look in the mirror too.

He’s overseen and arranged an event that is going to have an adverse effect on our club .... it’s not personal ... he should of nipped it in the bud for the good of Port Vale !

Why dont you just ******** and go annoy other clubs fans, we dont want you at our club as you will find out in the coming months...

I’ve not posted on here for about three years, mainly because the last time I did, there were quite a few Smurthwaite sycophants (some who remarkably still haven’t seen the woods from the trees it seems) who would try and shoot any dissenting voice down; it’s funny how times change.....

In those three years, I’ve pretty much walked away from the club. A mental chairman, apathetic fans who blindly supported an asset stripper, and dreadful football which is not worth £5 never mind £20+. I’ve better things to spend my time doing now and I don’t miss it.

It’s much easier to walk away from the match day routine and get out of habit, than it is to get back into, and I think there are many more supporters out there like me.

Whilst I have all the respect in the world for people who are taking a stand now, particularly the people coordinating the campaign, and especially those who were involved last time; how they have the stomach and energy for another war of attrition I don’t know, I think the damage has already been done.

Whilst ultimately, the demise of the club sits squarely on the shoulders of Smurthwaite, fans who have supported him over the last few years need to take a look in the mirror too.

This echoes my thoughts exactly. Thankfully though, the rumblings for change have finally started and so I see it as duty to give it another go. I've had most of the best times of my life revolving around this club and it's people. Why should that be a distant memory? It's time for a new dawn. New memories. Vale doesn't have to be eternally in the doldrums. If people now want another fight - I'm right there with them.

When the Cheekys of this world drift off to do better things with their time, you're in trouble.

I know people who have fallen out of love with the Vale completely but are turning up today because they are angry with Smurthwaite for doing that to them. It would be nice to see one or two old faces today, even if they go straight home afterwards.

Apart from DistantVale(the biggest WUM on here)there is a distinct lack of reason from anyone supporting Smurthwiate as to why and what he is doing to our great club.

Fit for purpose comes to my mind when trying to understand what one man is and continues to do to Port Vale FC.

"Appropriate , and of a necessary standard for it's intended use" is the definition of fit for purpose. Can anyone attempt to verify if Smurthwaite is appropriate as a Football Club Owner and also if he's of a necessary standard for the Vale?

Although i echo your statements,many of the starve em out campaign never had another ticket after that season because of abuse they received from fellow supporters on demonstrations. But i dont agree about people supporting him,they were conned and like any good con man he prayed on the fact they loved the club and he could easily con them. You saw the light early on but dont blame people for wanting to believe.

I see you must still have an affection else you would not post.

Bury the hatchet and lend your support today we need your help

Archived