onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

I don't think that 37% is low. Foyle is ancient history but my failing memory seems to recall that things were ok until that final season where he was given some money to spend, which he did badly.

Perhaps that's just memory doing what it does though.

Foyle with hindsight has been easily the best of the ex players we have had. In reality this is what I expected as he comes across as far more intelligent and verbally proficient than Aspin is, with a more balanced personality.

However back in the day the club still expected to be challenging to get back into the Championship and middling league 1 finishes never pleased anyone...

Until his duff relegation season and we got Sinnot and ever since any expectation of higher league football is long gone.

Advert

Didn’t see the point of Joyce today. It was like playing with a back 6, him treading on the defenders’ toes to take the ball off them and do nothing with it.

Second half was disciplined in the circumstances but ultimately another workmanlike, slow, laboured, uninspiring display from a team with no teeth. Aspin needs to buy a tube of Vagisil because it’s that dry out there.

IMO those left on the pitch after the sending off do not deserve any criticism, once Miller saw red the game was over and it was a case of holding on.

Carlisle aren’t a bad side and they kept their shape well, but our players won’t be able to win, try to keep the ball and try to work it wide to try and create some space (against a decent side) and the players are criticised. Lump it and lose it and they’re criticised too.

First half I thought was a tight game, one good chance each I think, but the red totally changed it.

It’s gutting to lose it in the manner they did, it looked to take a few deflections. But how long can this run of results at home carry on before something changes. At the least we should be starting with a Whitfield or Worrall type player IMO.

I think a decent manager who likes his teams to play attacking football could get something out of these players,even Elliot with that run on the wing where he went like a whippet before being pulled down,so maybe he could be destined for the wing in attacking team but under Aspin these things will never happen

Such a sad sad state of affairs. It's an extremely depressing time to be a Vale fan. That fat mess has destroyed all that is good about the club. He's an absolute cancer, and needs to be hounded out of the club. Any Vale fan within shouting distance should give him both barrels. To be around him, as a Vale fan, and laugh and joke and chat along as though all is well, makes you pure scum in my eyes. The man has made our great club a laughing stock. He lies everytime he opens his mouth. He's taken us to the brink of non league, and yet he'd still argue he's the best person to run the club, and some so called fans would agree with him. I can't believe we've sunk this low as a club. I despise Smurthwaite, he really is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Vale.

Radio sjoke at it again asking questions to Aspin to get a reaction,,they don't do that to Stoke managers to busy kissing there ass.

I thought they were relevant questions, that many Vale fans would want asking. Aspin was a complete mardarse about it, and I honestly thought we'd end up just hearing the sound of scuffling as he seemed like he was ready to go for Sandoz!

Completely unprofessional responses, showing that he's out of his depth in the interview room, as well as in the dugout.

S

A very defensive Aspin who sounds like he is a dead man walking.

Smurf put him out of his misery - just sack him and get an experienced manager in who can work with this squad. I still think they are a good squad who are capable of playing better than they are at the moment.

Martin Allen was an experienced Manager but look what he did at Chesterfield.

Some on here were crying out to be Vale Manager.

Lucky escape there.

Archived