onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Carlisle United

Fosse69

Advert

Aspin is one of the worst "managers" we've had in the history of the club. How he manages to sleep at night is beyond me. Do the right and honourable thing and resign - You're completely out of your depth.

He wont resign as he gets no compensation. Gorman is hoping he walks and Aspin is hoping Gorman will sack him. Guess we are going out of the league at this rate.

Aspin is one of the worst "managers" we've had in the history of the club. How he manages to sleep at night is beyond me. Do the right and honourable thing and resign - You're completely out of your depth.

Will Smurthwaite sack Aspin via a text message now. Then at a later date blame the medication he was having after his accident? :wink:

One of? I can’t think of anyone worse. Definitely in my time as a vale fan.

One of? I can’t think of anyone worse. Definitely in my time as a vale fan.

I'd say he's about par with the likes of Michael Brown, Jim Gannon and Lee Sinnott. I even preferred Bruno to Aspin. At least he had a philosophy of some sort, even if it wasn't suitable for League Two football.

Gutted, yet some more precious points go missing, and though the sending off clearly affected the game and the result, you couldn't fault the effort of anyone.

On the sending off though, which was right in front of us, Miller appeared to win the ball as clean as a whistle, and only the players reaction and squeal got him sent off, even though Miller's follow through did catch him. You normally know by a players reaction if a decision was right and Miller looked totally distraught, but with the way things are going these things always seem to happen don't they.

But quite how, at home we started with a lone striker I have no idea. It worked last week but this wasn't like last Saturday t all. Then the wide players in particular really busted lungs to get up in support but today even before the red we saw little of that. Miller missed a good.opportunity to put us in front but thereafter it was as best huff and puff.

Why can't Neil just grow a pair, and without throwing caution to the wind, at least play with two front men instead of two holding, is it at least not worth trying?

The relegation zone is getting ominously close, and am not sure where, or how things are going to change. I need a drink!

At the moment we would loose to a team who only fielded 5 players against us. Our defence would turn the ball into our own net somehow. Our 1 up front striker would miss everything.

They have no confidence and this was evident today with us passing the ball around in our own half and then in their half, quickly getting rid of it when challenged.

At the moment we would loose to a team who only fielded 5 players against us. Our defence would turn the ball into our own net somehow. Our 1 up front striker would miss everything.

They have no confidence and this was evident today with us passing the ball around in our own half and then in their half, quickly getting rid of it when challenged.

I'd say he's about par with the likes of Michael Brown, Jim Gannon and Lee Sinnott. I even preferred Bruno to Aspin. At least he had a philosophy of some sort, even if it wasn't suitable for League Two football.

As bad as they were I’d take them over aspin. Bruno was far better than this crap on show.

Sick of making the same argument on here. If you think aspin is going alright and that we shouldn’t be expecting more than this then we might as bloody give up. It’s an embarrassment.

If you're sick of making the same argument then why don't you just stop. My comments were a reference to today's game (which is the purpose of this thread). I'd be interested to hear what you would have done differently, maybe switched one of the defensive midfielders for a more attack minded midfielder or forward. Perhaps you would have gone for more wholesale changes.

You know you're **** when Luke Hannant is arguably your best player. That's not me being harsh on Hannant as he's a trier and I like the lad, but it just goes to show what a poor team we are. Some will perhaos say Oyeleke but other than the odd moment here and there he's a nothing player for the most part.

Archived