onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

Advert

Clark is a proper full back. Hopefully he turns up this week. Vassell is very lucky to keep his place IMO.

Pleased to see 2 forwards on, but like others have said is Quigley mobile enough and even brave enough to play up front and take the batterings Pope does. Hopefully they can get some service today and we play on the front foot. I’m assuming Conlon is left wing today, another square peg in a round hole.

Even when he hit an inconsistent patch I’m struggling to think of a game where he was taken to the cleaners or looked out of his depth or making costly game changing mistakes. At a push I’d even say we’ve seen worse games from the likes of Vassell and rawlinson in the full back areas. In light of that I’d say he’s been unlucky to be a scapegoat for some reason.

Apologies, I see Rawlinson is out. So only the 4 centre halves then. Phew, will be a much better game now....

Apologies, I see Rawlinson is out. So only the 4 centre halves then. Phew, will be a much better game now....

I think that even that is a bit unfair. Kay has played in a midfield role at a number of clubs throughout his career so it's not as if Aspin is the only manager to see him in a midfield role, personally I think that he looks better there than in the center of defense.

Vassell is lucky to be in the team after Macc and I would have liked to see Gibbons given another opportunity but that is based on his performances last season.

Defence not my issue as much as Theo underperformed last week and I do belive Gibbo should be playing.

However my issue is the midfield. Three defensive midfielders and as much as I like Hannant he’s not a wide player. Playing with two strikers is a nice addition but they won’t be getting the ball if we play a deep defence. Present squad/form put Ben on for Conlon and we will beat these!

Booed off. In the main that was pretty basic. Get it and launch it. The one time we had a decent passage of play we saw Quigley make the keeper pull off a decent save. We’re not really getting behind them or seeing runners go beyond them, crosses coming from deep are easier to defend and there’s no creativity coming from midfield or down the flanks.

They aren’t particularly good, they’ve got behind the full backs a couple of times but with no end product. Then again they could probably say the same about us. But with a few bolder choices we could beat these.

Looks like Whitfield will come on for the second half.

Apparently

Take it with pinch of salt but people saying Miller is on The Vine supping

Could be a glass or two of water with a few extras added over a couple of months. He has probably seen the midfield play in training and that has driven him to drink. Its driving the fans to go to the Vine early and join him :laugh:

Archived