onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

I do wish Smurf and Aspin would watch the videos from our last promotion season. If they did they'd find that the key elements to that team assembled by Micky Adams were:

1) Playing players in their correct positions.

2) Having proper full backs who could get forward not centre halves.

3) Two wide men with pace.

4) Having a small mobile striker (Lee Hughes) up top with Pope.

Advert

Aspin had the cheek to turn round , look me in the eye and call me a *****, because he heard me shout “ That’s Ben dropped for the next game” “ what’s he doing showing flair and beating players “

It’s a joke!! Hoof it hard long and up the middle or your dropped.

The most upsetting thing about today for me, was Neil and the coach turning round and effing and blinding at fans at the tops of the their voices. There were quite a few youngsters there today who would rightly be discouraged from going again by their parents.

What a load of rubbish that was. Grimsby were even worse. One stroke of magic from Wes Thomas and not a lot else. Manny was way off the pace. Whitfield and Smith the two Vale players to come out of it with any credit. I think Aspin needs to go. Utter dross.

What a load of rubbish that was. Grimsby were even worse. One stroke of magic from Wes Thomas and not a lot else. Manny was way off the pace. Whitfield and Smith the two Vale players to come out of it with any credit. I think Aspin needs to go. Utter dross.
Hannet was ok ,he tried and his frustration was clear to see

I for one did approve whole heartedly with the appointment of a true legend in Neil Aspin and Sir John Rudge but by God the situation is getting at serious point. We have players who looked very promising at the early stages of the season but have been sussed out by scouts and managers that have proved that Aspo and his scouting system are showing a lot of weakness. If Neil and his team fail to achieve I know where a certain owner will be pointing the blame. Oh yes my friends it will be the likes of me and the rest you.

Just as December results and points garnered in 2017 probably saved us from relegation, could the lack of points collected in 2018 spell big trouble this time around?

This is my hope for 2019

10 clean sheets for Brown

Pope 2 pens and 1 header

Hannant 1 direct free kick

1 own goal

That should give us 20 points and a total of 48 points

Will that be enough for safety ? Hope so

The only difference this season to the last 3 is we have a terrific goalkeeper

We cannot create goals and we cannot score enough goals

Full backs who are useless when going forward to create chanves

Centre midfield who have no drive and quality

Wide men who cannot take on players, cross a ball or score goals

Pope as a lone striker with not one further goalscorer in the squad.

All this could be seen in August by myself and others.

What i could not see was how negative and poor our manager was.

Aspin has failed us.

What do we do now ? Hope for the above.

Do i want Aspin to spend money, if available, in Jan, i have no faith in him

I for one did approve whole heartedly with the appointment of a true legend in Neil Aspin and Sir John Rudge but by God the situation is getting at serious point. We have players who looked very promising at the early stages of the season but have been sussed out by scouts and managers that have proved that Aspo and his scouting system are showing a lot of weakness. If Neil and his team fail to achieve I know where a certain owner will be pointing the blame. Oh yes my friends it will be the likes of me and the rest you.

Manny showed promise. Would i offer him a contract now ?

Hannant showed promise. He is a nearly man for me.

Nearly scored a goal. Nearly put a good cross over and created a goal.

He tries hard and possibly deserves a place in our team as for talk of a championship team interested in him .

Miller showed promise. 2nd half of first game and thats ya lot

Rawlinson just about a good squad player at centre back NOT FULL BACK

Conlon showed promise when first in team. Now i see why he was without a club in August

Joyce, Montano, Whitfield and so on

We then have ten plus players signed that cannot and should not even get in the team

Never mind the first team, the backroom team and scouting team have failed completely

The most upsetting thing about today for me, was Neil and the coach turning round and effing and blinding at fans at the tops of the their voices. There were quite a few youngsters there today who would rightly be discouraged from going again by their parents.

I was with my fifteen year old son, who I have dragged up to vale park with a season ticket for the last four years. He has threatened me with child line on many occasions. He has seen nothing but the end of page and then dross.

Thank you Neil, Lee, Michael, Bruno and smurf. I only hope that he doesn’t tell his friends he supports Port Vale.

I’m embarrassed!!!

Well that was appalling, quite possibly the worst football I have seen ever. There was a period in the first half where the ball was lumped constantly for around 15 minutes.

I fear we are stuttering towards the bottom 2. We have too many "non league" standard players in our squad. No one with the nouse to run past their man, no pace throughout the side, players look scared to play a telling through ball

Really fear for the future. Is it the fault of the manager, who knows but it certainly looks like the players seem devoid of any level of skill

Hope the potential signing wasn't there today. He'd be back on the ferry at Holyhead like a flash

All very depressing, something will have to change very soon and I suspect it will be the manager who walks the plank

The language was disgusting and against football ground regulations , like it or not. At least 20 youngsters were in earshot of the foul language from Aspin and Nogan. Apologies are needed for those kids!

Pope and Quigley in the same starting eleven, can already feel my neck aching!! lol

Bang on today. Totally and utterly long ball, complete waste of time tactics.... tell me... what does Aspin work on all week with them?!?!? Right lads, get ball, kick ball, kick ball long, very long!! I’m sorry to say I will not be going back up there this season, the man (Aspin) is clueless!

On the miller and Monty front.... I hear they’ve been out boozing, hence not in the team.... word had it today miller was in Burslem getting leathered this afternoon - anyone confirm?

Aspin has/is losing the dressing room and off field discipline across the team, they don’t have belief in what he is doing, the team are doing ‘just enough’ to not be relegated, Smurf must be seeing what we all do?!?! Afraid to give him his cards given the merry go round of the last 3 years?!?

Worrying times : Boxing Day 2017 Played 24 Points 28 (bear in mind that 23 of those points had come in the previous 12 games only). We were 8 points clear of the relegation zone and had beaten Cambridge, Carlisle and Coventry and drawn away at Colchester in the previous four league games and then went on to beat Luton 4-0 in the next game.

Compare that to Boxing Day 2018 Played 24 Points 28. We are 8 points clear of the relegation zone and the last four games have been against teams who were all below us in the league and we haven’t won any of them.

We avoided relegation last season by a single point. That’s about as much as I can hope for this season with this team.

Ignoring the EFL Trophy games, Aspin has won 9 out of 47 league and cup games in 2018 with one game left. A win ratio of just over 19%. What’s worse is the ultra negative tactics being used to achieve this awful statistic.

Rant over.

Worrying times : Boxing Day 2017 Played 24 Points 28 (bear in mind that 23 of those points had come in the previous 12 games only). We were 8 points clear of the relegation zone and had beaten Cambridge, Carlisle and Coventry and drawn away at Colchester in the previous four league games and then went on to beat Luton 4-0 in the next game.

Compare that to Boxing Day 2018 Played 24 Points 28. We are 8 points clear of the relegation zone and the last four games have been against teams who were all below us in the league and we haven’t won any of them.

We avoided relegation last season by a single point. That’s about as much as I can hope for this season with this team.

Ignoring the EFL Trophy games, Aspin has won 9 out of 47 league and cup games in 2018 with one game left. A win ratio of just over 19%. What’s worse is the ultra negative tactics being used to achieve this awful statistic.

Rant over.

All too true and this season it has been achieved with Scott Brown in goal.

He himself must have won us a few points this year.

He is our only hope for safety.

Have no confidence in Aspin to keep us in league 2 and yet some fans still talk of were only a few points from the play offs.

We are a million miles off

Archived