For Us All

2018 FA Cup - 1st Round - Sunderland at Vale Park

That's what we should have gone for if it wasn't on tv. I fear £15 will deter some people, as will this nonsense about £2 more on the day. What's that all about?
More on the day encourages people to buy in advance, easing the queues on the day for people who are not able to buy in advance.

That 10-day rule came in during the days of football hooliganism when the police insisted on having longer to prepare for replays.

It's now totally unnecessary but everything in football has gone soft and players ''can't'' play games in quick succession....so even if the 10-day rule was removed, many clubs would be against it.

This rule, along with holding the semi's at Wembley, TV dictating kickoff times and the disdain shown by Premier League clubs towards the competition have pretty much ruined the FA Cup.

The solution would be to give the FA Cup winners a Champions League place. But that would mean taking one place from the Premier League wouldn't it? Can't see them agreeing to that even if the FA were in favour.

A good effort by both clubs. But only the actual crowd on the day will determine whether or not reducing admission prices was the correct decision. 10,000 @ say £13 average equates to 7,200 @ say £18. Will reducing the price get us 2,800 more through the gate. The jury is out.

That's what we should have gone for if it wasn't on tv. I fear £15 will deter some people, as will this nonsense about £2 more on the day. What's that all about?

Don't league games increase by £2 on the day as well? Just doing the same as far I can see and encourages people to buy before the day of the game, less hassle on the day.

Don't league games increase by £2 on the day as well? Just doing the same as far I can see and encourages people to buy before the day of the game, less hassle on the day.

I feel that for the casual fan/observer, the need to organise a ticket up front or be penalised on the day is unfair. There may well be people who just fancy this game but don't want the hassle of going to the ground to get one, nor wait on the phone to order one.

Basically l don't think you should pay more on the day!

I feel that for the casual fan/observer, the need to organise a ticket up front or be penalised on the day is unfair. There may well be people who just fancy this game but don't want the hassle of going to the ground to get one, nor wait on the phone to order one.

I look at it as paying the normal price on the day, but getting a discount for paying in advance. Important to the club as most people normally pay in advance at a league game using STs, otherwise long queues on the day. Edited by Fosse69

Loads of clubs offer cheaper prices if you buy in advance. If you look at Colchester they have about 4 different price bands - the sooner you buy the cheaper they are. At Vale you can buy from the ticket office, you can buy on the phone, you can buy online. If you can't be bothered to do any of those then you probably won't turn up on the day anyway. It's not as if this match is going to slip under the radar until the day.

For a number of reasons the days of cash turnstiles are gone but it is about time you could pay by contactless card payment.

You can - I've done it!

:sad: Sunday 11th is the day that I DIDNT want this match to be played.Going to miss this game now. :sad:
Many more in the same situation.

Many more in the same situation.

I might be able to see first half on TV.Then I will have to make sure my phone and power pack are both fully charged and keep checking for updates.

:sad: Sunday 11th is the day that I DIDNT want this match to be played.Going to miss this game now. :sad:

Any excuse for some people not to attend.:smile:

The attendance on the day will be influenced by several things. Firstly, how many Mackems make the trip. Then, the weather. Last but not least, Vale fans will be persuaded one way or the other by our results in the meantime, starting this weekend. There’s nothing better than a bit of consistency and a few Ws to get fans off their backsides.