For Us All

2018 FA Cup - 1st Round - Sunderland at Vale Park

The 1st Round Draw takes place tomorrow night live on BBC2 at 19.00hrs.

Who would you prefer we play from the other 79 clubs?

Gateshead home

Are Enfield through ? That was my darkest, darkest Vale day.

And as for Steve Cherry.....

Apologies to the under 50’s !

Mentioning that game has brought me out in a cold sweat, RR!

I heard the Enfield result on a single decker bus in Nottingham on the A52, the result was that profound I can remember exactly where I was. First time we'd lost to a non-league club in ages.

However at the moment we have strikers in Pope and Miller that typical non-league players can't handle, particularly Popey. Hope these are not "Famous" last words.

Are Enfield through ? That was my darkest, darkest Vale day.

And as for Steve Cherry.....

Apologies to the under 50’s !

I went to the first game and the replay. Enfield beating us made the national news on TV and in the press.

I can think of a couple of other FA Cup mistakes that haunt me. John Connaughton let one in through his legs against Walsall in a replay, and Luke Prosser's backpass v Macclesfield will be forever remembered by those who witnessed it.

Sorry to be negative buts what the point of an FA Cup run ?

As supporters we see it as a money making opportunity and a chance to progress like the Gimps have done.

The reality is if we got through to the 3rd round and drew the big one Man Utd where would the revenue go......?

Thats the apathy thats strangling the club or should I say the way I feel.

Sorry to be negative buts what the point of an FA Cup run ?

As supporters we see it as a money making opportunity and a chance to progress like the Gimps have done.

The reality is if we got through to the 3rd round and drew the big one Man Utd where would the revenue go......?

Thats the apathy thats strangling the club or should I say the way I feel.

It's the opportunity to play without the pressure of attaining league points, while (hopefully) progressing to a payday against a 'big side and even the possibility of beating one - like our games against Everton and Spurs in the 80s and 90s.

You never know, a cup run might just be the thing to kick start a stuttering season.