onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

Biddulph_PV

Advert

We get vocal about removing Smurf in favour of someone who want's to progress the club forward.

It's that simple.

Get vocal in what way? Shout at him / sing songs about him/to him? That wont bother him in the slightest.

He holds all the cards pulls all the strings.He cant and wont be forced to sell.He will only sell on his terms when he wants to sell.

What would be your plan what do you suggest to do and how?

If I wasn't so certain I would be the victim of dog's abuse (as we have been before), I'd more than happily organise a protest outside the Lorne Street.

However, knowing Vale fans, I'd be told I was 'not a real fan', I was 'distracting the lads', and probably spat at.

If anyone's braver than me and wants to do it I'd lend my support. I haven't the bottle.

A lot has been said about players playing out of position and rightly so,but when you let in 5 goals in from set pieces that has little to do with formation and a lot to do with commitment and attitude,even if you play a centre half at centre forward he should still be able to defend a corner.

Does that suggest to anyone that maybe the players are not "with" Aspin at all? They must be tearing their hair out at the crazy selections and tactics employed by their manager. We know we have a better squad than previous years but if they all fail to turn up regularly, as has been the case, then come on we have to ask if the players really want Aspin here? The growing fan base decline suggests that those that pay to watch Vale are suspicious of what is happening behind the scenes. Players DO NOT purposely play badly, but if their mind sets are not right from the start due to incredibly poor selections and negative vibes, then they clearly will not perform to their best.

Norman has skin thicker that any rhino and he'll plunder the vale until there's nothing left, he knows that the ground rental will be too big a millstone for any prospective purchaser so he will continue to milk the club along with his portfolio of other cash cows and laugh himself to sleep every night so down into the non league morass we slide as sure as night follows day...

If I wasn't so certain I would be the victim of dog's abuse (as we have been before), I'd more than happily organise a protest outside the Lorne Street.

However, knowing Vale fans, I'd be told I was 'not a real fan', I was 'distracting the lads', and probably spat at.

If anyone's braver than me and wants to do it I'd lend my support. I haven't the bottle.

I feel for you Hagrid... as a minimum it would be nice if the smurfettes on here would ************ and finally admit that the bloke is bad for the club!

One thing for sure, if we aren't already cheesed off enough with the long ball tactics Aspo swears by, we soon will be, because as sure as tonic follows gin, the minute Pope is back, our main defensive ploy will now inevitably see us clearing the bloody thing earlier and longer, and worse to aid and abet that cunning ploy, and following on from the bosses need to make baffling decisions wouldn't rule out a future front pairing of Pope and Quigs, in fact, it become the norm !!!!

We were hoofing it up to Pope yesterday even though he wasn’t on the pitch.

worst defending ive ever witnessed at vale park

we've said all season we are a better team when we press teams just because pope isn't upfront and manny wasn't in the team we should be able to bring in players to replace them. so if we can't you have to question why hes brought the players in he has. there was no need to change the defence our problems have been the nidfield and upfront and they still are joyce and Worrall have been terrible this season conlon and hardcastle need experience with them. miller for all his hardwork just doesn't look like scoring goals at the moment. we should have gone for a smaller squad with stronger better players like I though he said we were going to do.

Yesterday was a new low for me. The first time I’ve ever left a game after 50 mins. I’d go as far as to say it was worst than the 4-0 (should have been 8-0) shambles at Sheff Utd that arguably set the rot in.

So the question....where does the team/club go from here?

Sub-4,000 home fans for top of the league in towns suggests people are sick and tired of what’s going on at the club.

Improve the defending particularly at set pieces, employ a defensive coach either part time or on a consultancy basis. Massively scout a back up and ultimately a replacement for Tom Pope, he's getting on in years and can't play forever.

Find a gazillionaire to fund the club.

Can’t do anything about the squad until January, so we need to get the best we can out of what we have, isn’t that the ethos of a good manager. We can go out and replace Brabin with an experienced coach, not an inexperienced cheap option.

With regards playing players out of position, it does make a difference when you are not playing your natural game. One of my lardie colleagues says Huth was a good centre back but like a fish out of water at fullback. Rawlinson is no fullback.

By playing 6 defenders you are inviting the opposition to get forward, law of averages they are going to score at some point. If we attack the opposition they can’t throw everyone upfield.

If I had the answers I’d apply for Aspo’s job, in the meantime let’s hope we learn from this disaster and put to bed the fascination with not conceding. Lincoln won by scoring goals, not defending with 6 men.

Does that suggest to anyone that maybe the players are not "with" Aspin at all? They must be tearing their hair out at the crazy selections and tactics employed by their manager. We know we have a better squad than previous years but if they all fail to turn up regularly, as has been the case, then come on we have to ask if the players really want Aspin here? The growing fan base decline suggests that those that pay to watch Vale are suspicious of what is happening behind the scenes. Players DO NOT purposely play badly, but if their mind sets are not right from the start due to incredibly poor selections and negative vibes, then they clearly will not perform to their best.

Think there's a lot to be said for that - it's a question of confidence and leadership and if the players' heads are spinning from continual changes in selection and tactics, the inevitable will happen. You can tell when a side is well led and confident in their leaders and we look like a million miles from that. It's compounded by the fact that the better sides can see we're unevenly set up, with players constantly out of position, and they attack our weak points at will.

I'm not going to harp on about it but the one that gets me every time is seeing Rawlinson, a talented 6'4" CH, at right back instead of thriving in a central partnership with Legge, which would give us real defensive solidity down the spine of the team. I've only seen him once at right back but you could tell straightaway he was a fish out of water. Such imbalance in our team is wasteful, unnecessary and damaging.

At the moment, we just don't look like a side with any cohesion and we are certainly less than the sum of our parts.

Tuesday could be a different match where the team actually turns up and tries again.

But I very much doubt it. Aspin will set up with a defensive side and 1 up front. Just hope the defenders actually do their job and try to pick up their players they should mark when facing free kicks and corners. If not we will get well beaten by an U21 team.

Lincoln lost a player in the warm up, and had O'Connor and Akinde ( thank god or would of been 10 ) both out injured.

They made 3 changes and had the luxury of Matt Green on the bench.

You play a like for like replacement it isn't rocket science.

Manny is a cracking signing but it comes to something when a guy plying his trade with Aldershot last season is our saviour.

When he is out it is quite simple surely, either recall Joyce or go with ( another pointless ) loanee Hardcastle .

I remember a certain Ian Taylor and Andy Jones plying their trade at Moor Green and Rhyl. They certainly saved Vale in the past! !

Archived