onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Come on Neil go now.

Advert

Gary Bowyer has left football due to personal circumstances. I take that to mean that he, or somebody in his immediate family is very ill.

I genuinely cannot name any other out of work manager that I’d want. The one manager I would like is Coleman and he won’t come to Vale.

Not sure why he favourite for the York job then. Surely Kevin Nolan would be good.

There has been a silly myth going round, even initially quoted by Aspin that there is not much difference between non league and league 2.

This isn’t true. The football league is full of mainly long term established teams and those that do go down, have started to go back up again fairly swiftly. Only Chesterfield, Wrexham and Orient appear to be long term league teams who have been stuck there with only Chesterfield down this year.

A non league club in the conference mainly has history at that level or lower for good reason. We equally have never been in the Conference for good reason, we have a big infrastructure and fan base.

League 2 is closer in standard to league 1 in terms of incomes, history and resources. That means we need players closer to that standard. Not conference players and dare I say it...a conference manager.

Hartlepool, Aldershot, Dag & Red all been down a few seasons. Torquay and York now in the league below as is Stockport who were our regular rivals in the 90s. Darlington went out of business. A number of clubs have also come up and done very well, Lincoln and Burton for starters. The gap between the two divisions is not great at all. If your crap in League 2 you’ll be crap in the National League. Far more teams struggle to get back up after relegation than you are implying.

What do you think is the mood of the stands then? We’re you at the game yesterday - what’s your gauge on the mood of those there?

I was indeed I would say 80% want change ten % want to wait until Christmas until we are on the cusp of relegation to say anything because they would feel guilty booing a legend no matter how bad he is. And 10% will always have so little imagination they will always want ex vale staff like Dodds Aspin and just about anyone who has been ok in the past back to bring mediocrity.

Unfortunately many vale fans think that it is ok to pay money to be part of mediocrity thankfully they are still a minority.

The problem with the Vale is not with the manager it’s SMURTHWAITE, Aspin is bringing in bargain basement players due to the limited budget and himself and the coaching staff are on relatively low salaries. Meanwhile we’ve sold Ainwick, Grant, Hugill and now 3 young academy players with the money going into Smurths pocket to buy other property investments for himself ie Nuneaton and bidding for the Nat West building.etc until he sells we are going nowhere.

The problem with the Vale is not with the manager it’s SMURTHWAITE, Aspin is bringing in bargain basement players due to the limited budget and himself and the coaching staff are on relatively low salaries. Meanwhile we’ve sold Ainwick, Grant, Hugill and now 3 young academy players with the money going into Smurths pocket to buy other property investments for himself ie Nuneaton and bidding for the Nat West building.etc until he sells we are going nowhere.

Spot on. Hope others will open their eyes too.

Forget anger towards Aspin, direct it towards Smurf. We are going nowhere under his ownership.

It doesn’t matter where you shop or what your budget is, square-pegs should go in square-holes. If I was shoe shopping at Harrods or Primark, I would still wear them on my feet not my head, regardless of their cost.

It takes years to get stability and then success. We're almost one year into Aspin as manager. He needs at least two full seasons to establish stability. Then another one or two to have a stab at promotion. It's frustrating but we need patience. If we get behind him and support what he is trying to do then it will happen faster. We have a solid looking spine now in Brown, Legge, Joyce and Pope. If we can maintain our improved home form then we'll finish mid table. That is realistic for this season.

It takes years to get stability and then success. We're almost one year into Aspin as manager. He needs at least two full seasons to establish stability. Then another one or two to have a stab at promotion. It's frustrating but we need patience. If we get behind him and support what he is trying to do then it will happen faster. We have a solid looking spine now in Brown, Legge, Joyce and Pope. If we can maintain our improved home form then we'll finish mid table. That is realistic for this season.

So if we've had one "stab at promotion" by 2022 then you'd say Aspin has done well then? You are a patient man.

With respect it is seldom the case i venture in to Vale park thinking our manager should be allowed special dispensation. Today and tomorrow i will take a defeat so long as we get the chance in two years time to maybe challenge for promotion. There is only one reason most customers pay to enter football grounds, to see their side win. Like it or not it is logical to hope and expect entertainment and commitment and victory against the opposition. For three years Vale supporters have stayed behind their club believing things will get better, not believing just a few more years and we might just be challenging. :laugh:

Why will Aspin suddenly stop putting out the wrong team, the wrong formation, making dog **** substitutions and playing even worse football than we did under the likes of Brown if we "get behind him"? Have a ******* word with yourself.

Archived