onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Come on Neil go now.

Neil no one has any appetite to boo or protest against a true vale legend that helped a club punch above its weight for years. Your tactics are dire your selection and your belief in players like Quigley frankly beggar belief. You would probably prosper in continuing to maintain a non league club to a mid table position every year.

For us all to remember you in a positive manner do not tarnish this Glover style.

Advert

The sad fact is that you get what you pay for.

The Hugill money should have made us playoff contenders. Instead it’s not been reinvested. Never mind the Alnwick and Grant money.

It’s embarrasing to hear aspin (no matter what you think of him) say he hasn’t come for the money because it’s no good.

‘Get what you pay for’we’ve signed some decent league 2 players. Miller, brown, legge, Joyce and manny are so easily good enough and a massive improvement on last year. That isn’t the issue the issue is the dire tactics and team selections week in week out.

I agree 100%... maybe going for a cheap manager wasn’t the best idea?

I genuinely don’t know... I want to give Aspin time, I believe in stability. I’m praying things turn around quickly.

But I also believe in long term trends... and under Smurf it’s only gone one way.

Can't you start a thread to campaign getting Smurf out.

He's the cancer of the club.

£2.4m received since January 2017 and we're serving up this garbage.

Wake up people!

Aspins tactics and formations we’re apparently dire at Gateshead too - how is that due to Smurthwaite?

I’m not buying that we don’t have a decent budget because I think it’s obvious we have a top 10 budget, minimum.

I’m slowly losing faith. It began last season and has continued this season. We played well against Cambridge (after a slow 20 minutes) but since then I’ve not seen or heard of us actually putting in a decent performance.

I’m now 70/30 in favour of him going by I think it is important that we give him at least 10 games to try and do something simply because we currently have a couple of players out.

We're in this mess because of Smurf. Are you really that blind?

Yes, Smurthwaite is the bigger problem, but currently the problems are being caused by a manager sadly out of his depth. I would guess our playing budget is higher than Tranmere.

Are you really that blind to see that the manager determines tactics and formations and not the owner?

Who appointed Aspin?

Brown? Bruno? Page?

Exactly. Who actually thinks Smurthwaite would appoint a better manager than Aspin? I know the same arguement was made this time last year in regards to keeping Brown but I think those people were a bit daft.

I don’t want him to go. I want him to stay and do well. As depressing as it is, if we finish where we are now, then that marks an improvement.

However, it’s quite worrying that his managerial record with us is pretty much exactly the same of Glovers.

Archived