onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

Isn't Harry Kane a brilliant footballer?

Never mind his goals. Look at his hold up play, awareness and passing ability.

He gets better and better.

Can Spurs hang on to him?

That's why personally I would have him just ahead of Aguero. Aguero's hold up game is average at best, as is his passing. Some of the assists Harry Kane gets Aguero could only ever dream of. They are both outstanding strikers but in terms of the most complete player, there's only one winner for me.

Advert

That's why personally I would have him just ahead of Aguero. Aguero's hold up game is average at best, as is his passing. Some of the assists Harry Kane gets Aguero could only ever dream of. They are both outstanding strikers but in terms of the most complete player, there's only one winner for me.

Aguero is told to stay between the sticks and run the channels. He is an out and out goal scorer. But he has value beyond that as he occupies defenders and allows space for the wider strikers in 433. Kane participates in build up more and has excellent passing. So he is a more complete player, closer to Henry for example.

However, I have had the privilege of seeing Messi live this season. And he is just incredible - everywhere; midfield, wide, 6 yard box, edge of box, taking corners and free kicks. Kane is closest to him, but very distant in effectiveness. Aguero is about 250 career goals behind Messi and about a year younger. Kane is about 425 career goals behind but 6 years younger. That is measuring these guys against one of the greatest players ever.

I know it's the FA Cup and not the league but there's a cracking match going on at present.

2-2 Wolves-Watford.

A magnificent goal or two in the second half.

Extra time beckons.

Watfords first goal looked amazing, like a golfer lobbing a shot into a hole. No danger until it went in.

Indeed. A slow start but after half time it really took off and was a wonderful semi-final.

You have to feel a bit sorry for the losers because they had the game in the bag until the last few minutes, but, wow, what a goal that was that changed the game. Worth the admission money alone.

Did it matter who won? Won't the winners get steamrollered by City in the final?

Indeed. A slow start but after half time it really took off and was a wonderful semi-final.

You have to feel a bit sorry for the losers because they had the game in the bag until the last few minutes, but, wow, what a goal that was that changed the game. Worth the admission money alone.

Did it matter who won? Won't the winners get steamrollered by City in the final?

Well they didn't steamroll Brighton in the other semi yesterday. They'll obviously be huge favourites but on their day Watford have more than enough quality to give them a game if City aren't quite at it. They're a dangerous team. But Watford are also capable of being as awful as they can be good, and could easily get beat 4 or 5 on the other hand.

Was gutted that Wolves lost as the Mrs is a Wolves fan. Manager cost it for them, his substitutions were bizarre, taking Jota off for Cavaleiro when Jota was the best player on the pitch in the second half and Bennett on for Neves, this meant there was nothing for them going forward once Watford equalised and then he brings Vinagre on when chasing the game (clueless!!). Dendonkey showed he is not good enough, standing off Deulofeu for the first goal and a terrible challenge to give away the penalty.

Sad to see Kane off injured last night.

It wasn't a great game - two cagey teams - but I did get the distinct impression that City were out to rough up Kane and he was fouled a number of times before Delph caught him with a nasty one on the ankle.

Was it deliberate? I don't know but that's, I guess, a hammer blow to Spurs if he's out for the campaign.

Liverpool look ok although 2-0 they say is always a dangerous scoreline and if Porto score early....

But hopefully the Reds have enough in the tank.

Can United beat Barcelona tonight? Be wonderful if they could but with Messi on top form and with the way they keep the ball it's hard to see United winning over two legs. I just hope they have a go, play our of their skins and be on their best form. You can't ask for more.

Archived