onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

Advert

Something like my top 5 for the EPL player of the season: (though positions could change in the final 10 games)

1 - Virgil Van Dijk

2 - Eden Hazard

3 - Sergio Aguero

4 - Raheem Sterling

5 - Son Heung-min

Fernandinho, Mane, Kane, Vertonghen and Jiminez are also worth a mention.

No question Van Dijk should win it, he has been head and shoulders above anyone else in the league this season in my opinion.

No question Van Dijk should win it, he has been head and shoulders above anyone else in the league this season in my opinion.

He's certainly in the running, though being a defender will probably count against him. I already thought of him as the best centre-back in the league when Liverpool signed him from Southampton, but he's improved further in a Liverpool shirt and is more consistent. Now I'd consider him among the best in the world, if not the best on current form. I expect Joe Gomez to get there himself one day, providing that he doesn't pick up many more long term injuries.

As for the young player of the season, I think Harvey Barnes has to be in the running. Or at least the surprise of the season. I like him a lot and once he improves his final ball/shot he will be some player. Longstaff has looked a good player in a Newcastle shirt too - Such a shame for them that he won't be back until the new season after his recent injury.

That was some performance against Bayern on their own turf last night. Mane was unplayable and the likes of Van Dijk and Alexander-Arnold completely stiffled Lewandowski and Ribery and barely give them an inch. Virgil is that good he even manages to make Matip look capable. Four English teams through to the last 16 shows the strength of the EPL this season.

That was some performance against Bayern on their own turf last night. Mane was unplayable and the likes of Van Dijk and Alexander-Arnold completely stiffled Lewandowski and Ribery and barely give them an inch. Virgil is that good he even manages to make Matip look capable. Four English teams through to the last 16 shows the strength of the EPL this season.

Four through to the last eight is even better?😉

Great win against Bayern Yeovil.Shocking game but job done,Tylerla.

England 4 wins

Germany 0

France 0

At 1-1 , I thought that Liverpool would be under the cosh in the 2nd half, but it was quite the opposite. Klopp got it perfect last night. Bayern had no answer. The draw is going to be very interesting on Friday.

I think over the two legs they were terrified of Liverpool's counter attacking game. When they went 1-2 down and had to go for it a bit more, Liverpool looked like they would create something every time they went forward, and if both Salah and Firmino were more in form it could have been a lot worse for them. That said, I did trhink Liverpool were slight underdogs going into the second leg and certainly didn't think they would win as convincingly as they did. Even more impressive considering Joel Matip played in both legs!

I have a sneaky feeling Liverpool will get Man City (again!) in the draw on Friday. It's a wild stab in the dark, but I'll go for this:

Liverpool vs Man City

Juventus vs Manchester United

Tottenham vs Barcelona

Porto vs Ajax

Wild guess. Man City v Tottenham

Barcelona v Liverpool

Man Utd v Porto

Juventus v Ajax

Ajax are the dark horses.

In Europe I feel Liverpool are always at or near to their best when they are tagged as the underdogs, so I'd quite fancy getting the better of Barcelona over two legs. They won't change their attacking brand of football either the same as Bayern did. Despite them performing much better now, I'd fancy Liverpool over United, and also Porto and Spurs, though no games are a certainty.

Juventus are perhaps just about favourites if only for the Ronaldo factor. I think he's a better player as of right now than Lionel Messi is, though I'd always choose Messi when both are at the peak of their powers.

Experience wise and because they've got either a Ronaldo or a Messi then Barca and Juve must be favourites.

I thought Atletico might be able to hold on to a 2-0 scoreline because they are a formidable defensive team but no.

I hope Liverpool do win a trophy this year but I wonder if they're still a couple of quality players short of the very best and perhaps next season they will really shine.

Experience wise and because they've got either a Ronaldo or a Messi then Barca and Juve must be favourites.

I thought Atletico might be able to hold on to a 2-0 scoreline because they are a formidable defensive team but no.

I hope Liverpool do win a trophy this year but I wonder if they're still a couple of quality players short of the very best and perhaps next season they will really shine.

I think the only thing they lack sometimes is a creative player, someone in the Coutinho mould. Wijnaldum, Milner, Henderson and Fabinho are all good players, but they all do the same sort of job. Oxlade-Chamberlain will add pace and goal threat from midfield but he's not a ball player. Keita might come good, the talent is obviously there, but at the moment the jury is still very much out. If he continues to improve I think James Maddison could be the type of player Liverpool need, or dare I say it Phil Foden, although that's unlikely to happen. A better forward on the bench than Origi and a now very much past his best Daniel Sturridge would also be nice in the summer, but nobody that's high quality will want to be on the bench in the first place, so it's not easy to find that player.

Alisson

Alexander-Arnold

Gomez

Van Dijk

Robertson

Fabinho

Wijnaldum

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Mane

Salah

Firmino

I think that's Liverpool's best and most balanced 11 on paper. It's hard to say where the side could genuinely be improved really. Wijnaldum doesn't always get the credit he deserved but he's a vital piece of the jigsaw in regards to what Klopp is trying to achieve.

Archived