onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

What I really meant was strength in depth. If van Dijk and Mane/Salah were injured long term then what?

I'm not sure that midfield trio is good enough either.

At the highest level we are talking. They are, of course, very good players but no Silva or De Bruyne.

If they could add 2-3 in the summer in the right areas then they would have a strong squad. You can't rely on 11 good 'uns only if you're chasing 4-5 trophies every season. You surely need 17-18 at least.

Sometimes you look at the Liverpool bench and it doesn't look anything special.

Advert

What I really meant was strength in depth. If van Dijk and Mane/Salah were injured long term then what?

I'm not sure that midfield trio is good enough either.

At the highest level we are talking. They are, of course, very good players but no Silva or De Bruyne.

If they could add 2-3 in the summer in the right areas then they would have a strong squad. You can't rely on 11 good 'uns only if you're chasing 4-5 trophies every season. You surely need 17-18 at least.

Sometimes you look at the Liverpool bench and it doesn't look anything special.

Other than Man City, what other club does have an amazing looking subs bench though? I do agree that we're a couple of players short in an ideal world, but having Oxlade back will be like a new signing next season. As the squad stands now, the subs bench would look something like this if the 11 I named started a game:

Mignolet

Lovren

Milner

Henderson

Keita

Shaqiri

Origi

That looks a pretty decent bench to me, though Origi is bang average and there could definitely be a better option out there somewhere. There's big expectations for Rhian Brewster, although after a long-term injury next season might be one too soon for him to actually challenge for a place in the match day squad. If Liverpool just signed two players in the summer, another centre-back and a player of the same ilk as Nabil Fekir if not the man himself, I'd be more than happy.

I think Milner is a cracking player - very underrated and a great team player, a pro's pro. I'd try and fit him in if I could.

Chelsea's squad is also stronger. Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, Giroud, Pedro, Christensen, Willian, Cahill, and on and on and on. They have seriously under-performed this year.

Anyway, on to the Champions League draw today. Can't wait. I hope the English clubs avoid each other but the chances of that are slim.

Close.

United v Barca

Spurs v City

Dippers v Porto

Ajax v Juve

Juventus are favourites , but you never know. Very good draw for Liverpool. Spurs are capable of beating Man City , but it will take two very good performances . Barca may have too much for Man Utd, especially at home.

Head:, Juventus, Liverpool, Barcelona and Man City.

Heart: Ajax , Porto, Spurs and Man Utd, only because I’d love to see Spurs or Ajax , with their young side , win it.

I'll write the semis for you Howjy04.

Barca v Liverpool & Juve v Man City.

I'd love to see all 4 English teams through if it were possible but United, sadly, have picked a really tough 'un.

They beat PSG though so who knows? Messi however is one of the greatest players to lace his boots and who would bet against any team with him in it, apart from you of course? :wink:

Be a great night at Old Trafford.

I'll write the semis for you Howjy04.

Barca v Liverpool & Juve v Man City.

I'd love to see all 4 English teams through if it were possible but United, sadly, have picked a really tough 'un.

They beat PSG though so who knows? Messi however is one of the greatest players to lace his boots and who would bet against any team with him in it, apart from you of course? :wink:

Be a great night at Old Trafford.

Spurs v City means there can only be 3 English teams in the semis.United can beat any team on their day.They also beat Juve in the group stages under Jose.Over 2 legs Barca may prove to be a bit too much

I hope Man City only have the Carabao Cup to polish this season . Two very dubious goals today. The perennial diver Sterling once again conned the ref, flopping down like only he can , with his hands flapping. Of course with a Prem ref , he stood a good chance of getting that call, even when the Swansea defender played the ball. Then Aguero heads in the winner from an offside position. The Prem liner was 5 yards behind the play on that one. Disgraceful, and I hope Spurs stuff them, Liverpool win the league, and Wolves or Milwall win the cup.

I hope Man City only have the Carabao Cup to polish this season . Two very dubious goals today. The perennial diver Sterling once again conned the ref, flopping down like only he can , with his hands flapping. Of course with a Prem ref , he stood a good chance of getting that call, even when the Swansea defender played the ball. Then Aguero heads in the winner from an offside position. The Prem liner was 5 yards behind the play on that one. Disgraceful, and I hope Spurs stuff them, Liverpool win the league, and Wolves or Milwall win the cup.

Pity they didn't have VR?

Archived