onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

Okay, so we've got the World Cup to come first, but signings have already started to be made.

I'm very interested to see how Arsenal get on under Emery next season. They've just signed a really solid player in Stephan Lichtsteiner, and more importantly, a winner, which is what Arsenal have been lacking in their sides over recent years. At 34 his best years are obviously behind him but whoever he replaces he'll be an improvement. I'm sure beasty will be happy enough with that?

Can is set to join the Old Lady, but Fabinho is a better replacement in what he will offer Liverpool. He'll be superb in the slower paced and more tactical Italian league though and is probably worth 50 million in today's market based on his potential.

Also a good signing for United in Fred, although I'm not sure if he's any better than Ander Herrera who has never seemed able to find a regular place in Mourinho's team.

Advert

Long way to go yet in the summer for transfers. But i fancy Liverpool pushing Man city close next season as it stands. Man Utd will spend another 200m but will still finish 20+ points behind City. Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal battling it out for 4th place again.

Like i said its very early days yet and i fully expect all top 6 to be busy this summer. Be interesting to to see if Bale will be joining the Premier League in the summer..

Wolves look to be spending big also, so i expect them to finish top 10. Cardiff, Huddersfield and Watford for the drop.

Liverpool are in for Shaqiri.

I'd take him as a squad player all day long. Looks like Liverpool could well sign Fekir over the next week or so, which would be a great signing. A front four of Fekir, Mane, Salah and Firmino with Fabinho and Keita behind them doesn't half look decent! And Liverpool could suddenly have a subs bench every week that includes the likes of Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Henderson and perhaps Shaqiri, which would suddenly look much stronger than in previous seasons.

I'd take him as a squad player all day long. Looks like Liverpool could well sign Fekir over the next week or so, which would be a great signing. A front four of Fekir, Mane, Salah and Firmino with Fabinho and Keita behind them doesn't half look decent! And Liverpool could suddenly have a subs bench every week that includes the likes of Lallana, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Henderson and perhaps Shaqiri, which would suddenly look much stronger than in previous seasons.

Agreed,Liverpool could finish third with that team Tylerla.Just need a defence now.

Agreed,Liverpool could finish third with that team Tylerla.Just need a defence now.

Alexander-Arnold is one of the most promising young players in the country and Andy Robinson was arguably the most consistent left-back in the Premier League last season from October onwards. Van Dijk could also play for pretty much any top side. All Liverpool need is a top goalkeeper in regards to the defence now that they have signed a genuine holding midfield player in Fabinho. Lovren would obviously be the weaker link in the back-line but tell me one side that doesn't have a weak link?

Alexander-Arnold is one of the most promising young players in the country and Andy Robinson was arguably the most consistent left-back in the Premier League last season from October onwards. Van Dijk could also play for pretty much any top side. All Liverpool need is a top goalkeeper in regards to the defence now that they have signed a genuine holding midfield player in Fabinho. Lovren would obviously be the weaker link in the back-line but tell me one side that doesn't have a weak link?

As has been suggested Karius had concussion during the CL final,the least Liverpool should do is give him a 5 year deal.Lovren wouldn’t get in Vale’s defence but he appears to be a Flopp love child.A-A gets roasted regularly,decent going forward but needs to improve defensively.Robertson tries hard.VVD is a regular 7/10 player.Same old,same old I’m afraid Tyles.

First days fixtures.

Arsenal v Manchester City

Bournemouth v Cardiff City

Fulham v Crystal Palace

Huddersfield Town v Chelsea

Liverpool v West Ham United

Manchester United v Leicester City

Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Southampton v Burnley

Watford v Brighton

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great signing for Liverpool in Xherdan Shaqiri, and an absolute steal for 13 million in today's market for a player yet to reach his peak. He'll only be a squad player but on his day he's a match winner and a brilliant option to have on the bench.

Fekir and a top goalkeeper and Liverpool will be challenging next season.

Archived