onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

West Ham have some really good players and they'll improve. They've kind of been thrown together and won't be playing as a team for a handful of games at least. I thought that Felipe Anderson looked like a player, though he should be for the money they paid for him.

The Hammers were a team of individuals with no real plan.

Advert

The Hammers were a team of individuals with no real plan.

I went to the game today. Liverpool were mighty impressive up close. Technical, speed they move the ball, creativity, patterns of play. Very strong first team at least. I thought West Ham were a good side and the reason they appeared to have no plan was the pressing of Liverpool which is a great deal more than chasing around.

Still a gap to close to Man City but they put West Ham away easy today and Salah is probably 10% away from match fitness. Milner played seriously well. He is an underestimated player. Main weakness is Alexander Arnold at right back from what I saw today. He is not at the same technical level as the rest of the team, was trying to force his passes and wasted crosses.

Laporte started more games than Stones.

He didn't actually but it matters little. Kompany and Otamendi were City's best pick last season.

I saw a few Premiership games last year and I too was impressed with Liverpool's pace and movement in the final third. It's very clever and too quick for a lot of teams. The same thing was true for Man City but I felt that their midfield was more creative and better - and with Silva and De Bruyne in there it's hard to match that. Hopefully Liverpool can improve a bit because it's good to see competition at the top and not a one horse race, and both teams are very exciting for a neutral like me to watch.

I'm not trying to discredit City, but Arsenal were shocking. Any good side would have put them to the sword today, and probably by more than 2 goals. I think Emery is top manager but if he manages to get that Arsenal side in the top 6 this season he's worked miracles.

Mendy wasn't a regular last season because he was injured. Laporte started more games than Stones and will be City's top man at the back for years to come. Granted I did forget about David Silva, so that's fair enough.

I feel sorry for anyone who predicted them to come third! ;)

He didn't actually but it matters little. Kompany and Otamendi were City's best pick last season.

I saw a few Premiership games last year and I too was impressed with Liverpool's pace and movement in the final third. It's very clever and too quick for a lot of teams. The same thing was true for Man City but I felt that their midfield was more creative and better - and with Silva and De Bruyne in there it's hard to match that. Hopefully Liverpool can improve a bit because it's good to see competition at the top and not a one horse race, and both teams are very exciting for a neutral like me to watch.

Liverpool goalkeeper exudes confidence and it flows right through the team. Massive improvement. But I have to say Firmino is the best target man I have ever seen play. It won't have shown up on telly so much but there was one single touch layoff he made second half which was a simply stunning level of subtle control.

Your neighbors from the other side of the City looked brilliant by the way this afternoon, and very much the team to beat. You'll never admit it, you're not man enough, but you would give both of your testicles to have Guardiola in charge of United instead of that numpty.

Your neighbors from the other side of the City looked brilliant by the way this afternoon, and very much the team to beat. You'll never admit it, you're not man enough, but you would give both of your testicles to have Guardiola in charge of United instead of that numpty.

Look who I tipped to win the League,Dippy.Considering you tipped Arsenal to finish third,you appear to be on the short list in your village.

Early days (I know, I know) but I'm never sure exactly what Jose is trying to do and what his team's DNA is. He's got a lot of good players but apart from putting an emphasis on physicality and not getting beaten I just can't see precisely what he's doing. And if Plan A doesn't work, Plan B seems to be to bring on Fellaini and lump it long for him and Lukaku.

Is there anything in this suggestion that has been around for several months now that his style of football is in the past and that more modern coaches are putting more emphasis on pace, movement and high pressing rather than simply setting up not to get beaten and having a lot of height and strength in the team. I recall when he first came to Chelsea they were a joy to watch with two wingers - including Robben. But since then some of the football he's served up at Madrid and now Manchester has been pretty sterile and turgid, given the money he's had and the top quality players he's managed.

Yes, I realise that he's won many competitions and has more medals than most but is he really getting bums off seats at arguably the biggest football club in the world? Years ago United's rationale was to score more goals than their opponents, home and away. You score 2, we'll score 4. Not any longer. Scholes isn't impressed and I'm told that Charlton isn't a big fan either. A long way to go but a 1-3 loss at Brighton isn't going to go down well with the natives.

United seemed to have fundamental problems today which will prevent them having the consistency needed to challenge.

Players coming back from the World Cup plus injuries to Matic,Valencia and now Sanchez seem to be the fundamental problems Wazzer.BTW ,hope things are looking better for you.

Early days (I know, I know) but I'm never sure exactly what Jose is trying to do and what his team's DNA is. He's got a lot of good players but apart from putting an emphasis on physicality and not getting beaten I just can't see precisely what he's doing. And if Plan A doesn't work, Plan B seems to be to bring on Fellaini and lump it long for him and Lukaku.

Is there anything in this suggestion that has been around for several months now that his style of football is in the past and that more modern coaches are putting more emphasis on pace, movement and high pressing rather than simply setting up not to get beaten and having a lot of height and strength in the team. I recall when he first came to Chelsea they were a joy to watch with two wingers - including Robben. But since then some of the football he's served up at Madrid and now Manchester has been pretty sterile and turgid, given the money he's had and the top quality players he's managed.

Yes, I realise that he's won many competitions and has more medals than most but is he really getting bums off seats at arguably the biggest football club in the world? Years ago United's rationale was to score more goals than their opponents, home and away. You score 2, we'll score 4. Not any longer. Scholes isn't impressed and I'm told that Charlton isn't a big fan either. A long way to go but a 1-3 loss at Brighton isn't going to go down well with the natives.

Bums on seats at OT?74k average.The ground isn’t big enough.thats the problem Sage.The game has changed.City have broken the mould by playing attractive football and winning.No one else is doing that at the moment.United will be back.

Utd looked poor and rumoured behind the scenes problems seem to be surfacing.

However that said, when is Chris Hughton going to get the credit he deserves ?

Maybe not the charismatic persona that seems to count for so much these days, but he’s one of very few (Dyche is another) that I actually agree with what he says.

There’s an old saying that goes “people full of themselves ought to diet” Please take note Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp etc.

Archived