onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

melv

Advert

That was Brian,a leading light amongst the Smurfettes I'm told,5% my bottom.

Thing is, either Norman is a genius and is plotting everything that is happening at Port Vale as part of his master plan, which means he is trying to ruin the club both by reputation and league position, or he isn't and the effects of his tenure have taken us from a stable League 1 side to almost leaving the football league. Neither of which makes him an owner to be proud of or support.

With Barnet and Chesterfield playing each other on the last day of the season, both cannot finish above us can they?

If both have won all their games by the time they meet, Barnet can only get above us if they beat Chesterfield, have a better GD and we haven't picked up a point. That would put them on 46 points with a better GD.

But if Chesterfield have won the four games before they play Barnet, they will already be on 47 points and so could be above us going into the last game.

So the answer is they could still both finish above us if: (i) Barnet win the last game against Chesterfield (ii) Chesterfield have already gone above us, (iii) we don't get another point, and (iv) they both have a better GD.

The chances of this all happening are slim but it's still possible, so I guess Aspo will be drilling it into the players (and he's right) that we're not safe until two other teams can't mathematically get past us. No complacency!

Are they the same price again for the tenth year running?
Yes. They already put next year's prices as same as this season's before they knew they were going to be relegated. Hee hee. Maybe with a concerted push by our leader(ha ha) Vale can seize an opportunity here to attract some of the families supporting Stoke now who will not want to watch turgid footie in the Championship by a team slowly dying a death, and get them to buy sensibly priced family tickets for an Aspin revolution at a promotion push.

I could punch Brian. I could write on the back of a postage stamp what he knows about football and Port Vale in particular. I bet he never watches us play and his constant bigging up of Smurthwaite certainly grates. ''He's a millionaire you know''. I ask is he in reality?

Here's the table since Aspo took over:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-two/form/matches:37/type:home-and-away/

It puts us in 16th place and, importantly, above all our rivals in the relegation fight. It also shows how hard Aspo's task has been since picking up Brown's lamentable record (P7 W1 D0 L6). Well, I'll bet Aspo sleeps well tonight and I think over the next three remaining fixtures we'll see a more relaxed team playing in a way we can expect to see next season, with the important difference that Rudgie and Aspo's recruitment will set us up for a much better start.

Aspo's percentage win ratio has taken a bit of a knock (over the last 37 games it's just 32.4%) but we'll soon see that return to his normal ratio (44.1% with Harrogate, 53.6% with Halifax, and 39.4% with Gateshead). It's tougher in the football league but my guess is we'll have a lot to look forward to next season and beyond.

For the first time in ages, it feels good to be Vale this evening :smile:

Well done Aspo and the lads.

Brown was here for more than 7 games, more like 9 or 10 and sure we had five points when he left. Also his two muppets, Kelly and Morgan, stayed on for one more game.

We walked with Lincoln lads after the game and directed them back to Longport Station and they all said Vale were a lot better than the Imps and deserved the win. I felt so proud, well done Vale. VTID.

I think (hope) we’ve seen the last of Forrester. Thought he was poor. Davies not much better but was playing out of position in his defence. Worrall has a quiet game by his standards and I wish Tonge’s first thought was not always to go backwards. The rest were really good and special praise for that save by Hornby. Well done Gibbons at left back, he was excellent. Breathing much easier tonight, let’s hope the good times are on the way back. But then again, there’s Smurf. Oh well, good while it lasts.

Here's the table since Aspo took over:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-two/form/matches:37/type:home-and-away/

It puts us in 16th place and, importantly, above all our rivals in the relegation fight.

That's not actually right, CD. We had played 11 games when Aspin took over - he's been in charge for 32, not 37. The table since he took over has us in 13th.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-two/daterange/fromdate:2017-Oct-01/todate:2018-Jun-01/type:home-and-away/

Thing is, either Norman is a genius and is plotting everything that is happening at Port Vale as part of his master plan, which means he is trying to ruin the club both by reputation and league position, or he isn't and the effects of his tenure have taken us from a stable League 1 side to almost leaving the football league. Neither of which makes him an owner to be proud of or support.

Gosh, kind of reminds me of someone.

Many of the callers to Radio Stoke don't go to the games and their views should be taken with a pinch of salt. It's becoming tedious now how they put on the same 2-3 callers week after week after week who say exactly the same thing week after week after week. The show is descending into a farce. We seldom get analyses of the game but a re-run of the recent history of PVFC. It's not remotely interesting any more.

We had 2 or 3 callers today talk about smurf and they were on for a good 5 minutes each. I know he’s a huge talking point but not straight after a game where instead of hearing about what someone thought of the match, we get someone ringing in to talk about smurf. I don’t even think the callers were at the match either.

Archived