onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

melv

I am sorry it looks like Chesterfield will go down. They have a nice stadium and it's a hospitable place. Also Louis Dodds is playing there. But I guess I have to add it to losses like Wrexham, Tranmere, Stockport, York, Darlington.

Advert

A BIG Thank you To Neal . and the Vale Team . It was a Brilliant Goal . And a Wonderful 3 points . I Have just seen

The Goal on Goal Rush . What I did notice that when Hornby saved the Shot . None of the 3 near players . Went over to congratulate . Or pat him on the Back . To say well done . They all just walked a way . I felf so sorry for Hornby . As that save kept us our 3 Points . But well Done Vale .

Probably better to keep concentrating on the game then pat him on the back once the final whistle has gone.

I am sorry it looks like Chesterfield will go down. They have a nice stadium and it's a hospitable place. Also Louis Dodds is playing there. But I guess I have to add it to losses like Wrexham, Tranmere, Stockport, York, Darlington.

Yes, it's a pity. I'd rather see FGR and Barnet go down to be honest but I think Chesterfield have a monumental task to stay up. With a bit of luck, we will see Tranmere promoted (which I think is your second team) and they are good opponents. Always bring plenty of support too. If they don't it would be good if we could poach either of their two strikers, Cook and Norwood (who have scored 41 goals between them this season) though I doubt that our beloved owner would stump up the cash.

Anyway, we'll see who goes down in due course - as long as it's not us!

Yes, it's a pity. I'd rather see FGR and Barnet go down to be honest but I think Chesterfield have a monumental task to stay up. With a bit of luck, we will see Tranmere promoted (which I think is your second team) and they are good opponents. Always bring plenty of support too. If they don't it would be good if we could poach either of their two strikers, Cook and Norwood (who have scored 41 goals between them this season) though I doubt that our beloved owner would stump up the cash.

Anyway, we'll see who goes down in due course - as long as it's not us!

Agree on barnet and fgr -barnet took prob a coach load to Grimsby a big do or die game,fgr are a smaller mk dons who appear to be in free fall after their initial burst with Wimbledon rightfully above them..

Could be a good league as bury already down,poss Rochdale,oldham outside Walsall, +macc to come up and maybe tranmere or Wrexham have outside chance-

Have to say though our left back situation is covered until the end of the season now... how well did Gibbo do and hope we resist the temptation to play Pugh there! Gibbo left Raglan right for the last three games would be fine!

Would be nice to get to 50 points at least and beat last seasons tally of 49.

Guest Vale at home

Hi Conrad . I Do agree with you . I just felt sorry for Hornby at The Time . When you are at the Match . You just don't see it . We just need a win . In our Next 3 Games . It would be Lovely if VALE . Could finish on a Win . Good Luck on Saturday .VALE .( We Love you VALE we Do .)

Have to say though our left back situation is covered until the end of the season now... how well did Gibbo do and hope we resist the temptation to play Pugh there! Gibbo left Raglan right for the last three games would be fine!

He did really well there, but as with any player after a good performance they're only one bad pass or one mistake away from being slated on here. IMO I think hes done really well in the one on one battles with his wingers all season, rarely has he been taken to the cleaners, its the erratic distribution that maybe clouds peoples views of his game. But hes still learning like all our young players. To be honest I was a bit concerned by his inclusion Saturday because of Lincolns type of game and physical presence but he coped well with it.

Credit to Aspin as well for putting players in positions that has seen them deliver for the team, in particular with players like Kay and Montano.

I'm with you and can see Aspin sticking with the same back 4 come Satirdays game at least.

I've been listening back through last weeks sport at 6 on the iplayer and in one of them someone texts in criticising Aspins decsion to reveal Montanos absence saying its a big mistake and Lincoln will now punish us accordingly.

PV1973 I've been listening back through last weeks sport at 6 on the iplayer and in one of them someone texts in criticising Aspins decsion to reveal Montanos absence saying its a big mistake and Lincoln will now punish us accordingly.

After listening in the car after the game mate nothing surprises me. I actually thought we had lost the game , it was moan moan moan all the way. Amazing. The game was barely mentioned.

After listening in the car after the game mate nothing surprises me. I actually thought we had lost the game , it was moan moan moan all the way. Amazing. The game was barely mentioned.

They vet the calls beforehand so they should only get people on to talk about the game IMO. It did my head in to switch the radio on in the car and a big chunk of the show was hearing people moaning about Smurf and matters off the pitch. IMO they should save calls like that for the Sport at 6 programs. Like you say anyone would think that we'd lost listening to the moaners afterwards. Honestly I'd rather hear the summarisers talk more than listen to a caller ring in and give us a history of Smurfs mistakes at Vale, we've heard it before and for me straight after a match that shouldn't always be the main topic.

They vet the calls beforehand so they should only get people on to talk about the game IMO. It did my head in to switch the radio on in the car and a big chunk of the show was hearing people moaning about Smurf and matters off the pitch. IMO they should save calls like that for the Sport at 6 programs. Like you say anyone would think that we'd lost listening to the moaners afterwards. Honestly I'd rather hear the summarisers talk more than listen to a caller ring in and give us a history of Smurfs mistakes at Vale, we've heard it before and for me straight after a match that shouldn't always be the main topic.

Yes,the first caller Carl,hardly mentioned the match.

Enjoy the day Carl.

Archived