onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Do you want Stoke to stay in the Premier league ?

Mario

Advert

Personally, I think Bet365 (and any other betting company that is heavily linked to a specific football club) should be banned from taking any football related bets.

If a football player can be banned from making any football bet (and not just ones involving their own teams as they have ‘insider knowledge’) then how can Bet365 be allowed to take bets and place odds? They know all the other clubs, all the people within the game and can fix the odds accordingly.

Are Bet365 offering odds on the next stoke manager?

Sjoke have been the bane of both mine and my sons lives. We have grown very bitter at their patronizing attitude towards the Vale. I wont them to fall out of the bottom of the leagues. They can't fall low enough for me.

I understand Martin's desire to keep his job in regard to the article but as a Vale fan he would have been better to have written nothing on this topic. None of the 'greed' money comes to the area and Coventry proved that you dont need a Premiership club to win the 'City of culture' award as Coventry have proved Coventry 2 Stoke 0 ha ha.

Could not agree more Owd, this shows how the premier league has helped Stoke on Trent,

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/ng-interactive/2018/jan/08/made-in-stoke-on-trent-episode-6-the-mother-town

"There are an awful lot of clubs in the Championship and below who you would say weren’t really any smaller than Stoke City such as Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Derby County and both Sheffield clubs". The delusion of grandeur from Stoke fans always amuses me. The clubs he's listed are not only "not smaller", they're far bigger than Stoke. Add to that Aston Villa, Norwich, Ipswich, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Wolves. I'd usually compare Stoke to a club such as Bristol City. The larger of two clubs from the same City. Rovers are a similar sized club to Vale, and both "City's" can muster up big attendances, but equally can both drop drastically. The only difference is the amount of time Stoke have spent in the top division. Compare Bristol City's current average attendance though, over 20k, to Stoke's 16k in 08 when they got promoted. I think Stoke are more like a Cardiff, Barnsley, Preston sized club.

As for hoping they stay in the Prem, we're football fans, the economic stability of the City is other people's problem to deal with. We have a football rivalry, it's our job to wish nothing but misery on each other. I'd never want them to cease to exist, no football fan should want that as the sport would cease to exist without each other, but it's our role as rival football fans to revel in the others demise. Lets face it, how many Vale fans were happy on Saturday, despite the fact that we're in the bottom half of the 4th division and we'd just lost to the lowest ranked team in the football league. The one thing to rejoice at was seeing Stoke in the relegation zone of the Prem, managerless, losing to a 4th division team we recently beat. That's what football fans have always done, and always will do. Rightly so I say.

Stoke being in the Premier League brings no benefits to the local area as I can see.

Personally I'd love Stoke to be relegated. I think my mates who've been fans for years would enjoy it again and it'd get rid of all the god awful plastic fans that a PL team seems to accumulate.

Plus it would take all the Stokiees down a peg or two. Something which is long overdue.

"There are an awful lot of clubs in the Championship and below who you would say weren’t really any smaller than Stoke City such as Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, Derby County and both Sheffield clubs". The delusion of grandeur from Stoke fans always amuses me. The clubs he's listed are not only "not smaller", they're far bigger than Stoke. Add to that Aston Villa, Norwich, Ipswich, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Wolves. I'd usually compare Stoke to a club such as Bristol City. The larger of two clubs from the same City. Rovers are a similar sized club to Vale, and both "City's" can muster up big attendances, but equally can both drop drastically. The only difference is the amount of time Stoke have spent in the top division. Compare Bristol City's current average attendance though, over 20k, to Stoke's 16k in 08 when they got promoted. I think Stoke are more like a Cardiff, Barnsley, Preston sized club.

I have to say I laughed when I read that quote about the clubs who are 'not smaller than Stoke', one being Leeds. Nobody in the country would ever say that Leeds were smaller than Stoke, and as you say shows their delusional mindframe. They're far smaller than all three East Midlands clubs and the three NE clubs. I do think however that we're kidding ourselves if we assume their attendances would drop to pre-prem levels upon relegation. I think they've done some decent work on the marketing side and would still average 20k in the Championship for one or two seasons until the rot sets in.

Archived