onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A message to Norman

This comes from your biggest critique.

Ok. Humble pie time.

Most vale fans including myself were very hasty.

We expected an owner who would instantltly know our heratige.

But then instantltly become a football chairman with little football and commercial knowledge.

It’s time for us to say well done smurf.

Take the for sale signs down .

Advert

Ok. Humble pie time.

But then instantltly become a football chairman with little football and commercial knowledge.

This thread is as daft as the “bubbles burst” one. There doesn’t have to be a long winded, profound sentiment, knee jerk reaction. It’s not magnanimous and clever, it’s idiotic.

Since you make gazillions of pounds every week, I’m surprised you’re so reactionary.

Its a tough job (look at stoke they are putting pressure on coates to spend and starting to question him)Credit for keeping out of the media and taking the advice to appoint aspin and rudge and listening to people that care about pvfc it shows there is an heart alongside the business streak

Still a lot of clearing up from Browns/bruno era and would guess this is having a financial impact for this season and probably the next..

All we ask is live with in our means and all monies from the club go towards the running of the club in a planned and targeted way and any profits be re-invested (with a small % going to the owner)-just a case of creep n go enjoy the highs keep stability & focus during the lows and empathise with supporters along the way.

Aspin has bought time with transfers with the latest results but will show a real sign of intent for next year if we could get a revered signing over the line- will be interesting

Well done to Norman for taking a back seat and allowing Tony and Colin to do such a good job of steadying the ship.

It can't have been easy for him to admit failure but he has to take some credit for stepping away from social media and delegating to people who are running the club well.

Ok. Humble pie time.

Wonderful post that. I've known all along that he's a good chairman.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

January will be interesting. NS has stayed out of the spotlight since appointing NA and JR. This needs to continue. Trust whatever these football geniuses decide and back them as much as possible financially. We can play our part by spreading the word amongst former season ticket holders and regulars who have stopped going. This team deserves lots of support, they were all outstanding today.

Smurf may have got caught up in the adulation of becoming the owner following our promotion.

Smurf took advice from the only football knowledge he had at the time in Micky Adams.

Rudge and Aspin were not available at the time.

I berated Smurf because he should have bought a chief exec in immediately.

We now have.

A great owner in Norman

A great chief exec in Colin Garlick

The best Manager in 20 years in Aspin

John Rudge

For the first time in a quarter of a century all things Vale could not be better

Now is the time to build on the success and team spirit instilled by Aspin and Rudge.Start planning now for next season and offer extended contracts to the good players in the first team.Dont leave it until the end of the season because the best players will be creamed off by other teams.If this run continues you will pay more in the long run to keep your best players.

This will also stop the normal lottery at the end of the season and having to start again rebuilding the team.The current first team deserve the shirt and have proved they will fight tooth and nail to push Port Vale up the league and beyond.Dont start penny pinching and holding players to ransom at the end of the season hoping they will accept lower contracts.

I hope you have learned that this hasn't worked previously and won't cost millions to carry on the good work Aspin has started.

Malcome X once said:

“If you stick a knife in my back nine inches and pull it out six inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out that's not progress. Progress is healing the wound that the blow made.”

Norman has done the right thing by keeping quiet and letting the dream team do their job... but for me he will be judged on how he deals with any money we get from the potential Hugil deal and if he can keep his nose out on an ongoing basis!

Archived