onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A message to Norman

Advert

That figure is very close to what I was told as well, and tells us quite a lot. I also heard that Smurf's offer was to increase it to an amount that would still be an embarrassingly poor wage even for L2.

The sweetie jar is not going to contain Lindt chocolates, more like that Hersheys muck that is only fit for the yanks.

Would we have three more points (and FGR 3 less) if Gunning had not been allowed to go ? - that would have been a 14-point gap over FGR instead of the current 8 points.

We may never know but an extra 3points could prove priceless to us.

It isn't a joke. We had the chance to sign Gunning and we let him go despite him proving himself as a valuable squad member.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

We had the chance to sign Whitfield and....we signed Whitfield.

I'd be much more concerned if we'd have kept Gunning and lost Whitfield, and we could have easily lost both!

As it stands we've been on an incredible run over the past 8 games or so. We've got 3 weeks of a transfer window left and have already signed 2 players and extended Whitfields loan.

We have Aspin and Rudge in charge of recruitment.

We have an unbelievable cushion above relegation given where we were 3 months ago.

Lets get a little bit of perspective.

I'm sure FGR would swap places with us in a heart beat even if they have just signed the next Virgil Van Dijk.

Going down

That sort of comment was hilariously funny last January as well....one thing is for sure, the very real prospect of making a playoff challenge that seemed within reach after the Luton game is not going to happen now, find that equally funny as well do you ?

We had the chance to sign Whitfield and....we signed Whitfield.

I'd be much more concerned if we'd have kept Gunning and lost Whitfield, and we could have easily lost both!

As it stands we've been on an incredible run over the past 8 games or so. We've got 3 weeks of a transfer window left and have already signed 2 players and extended Whitfields loan.

We have Aspin and Rudge in charge of recruitment.

We have an unbelievable cushion above relegation given where we were 3 months ago.

Lets get a little bit of perspective.

I'm sure FGR would swap places with us in a heart beat even if they have just signed the next Virgil Van Dijk.

I'd gladly swap places with FGR if the deal included swapping owners (but keep Rudge/Aspin)as well. For the longer term it would be well worth it.

That sort of comment was hilariously funny last January as well....one thing is for sure, the very real prospect of making a playoff challenge that seemed within reach after the Luton game is not going to happen now, find that equally funny as well do you ?

Another Bea Smith special :laugh:

Not sure what you read between the lines in my post but you've zoomed off into your la la land stomping ground again.

Today was just a reality check to some. We are not consistent enough to challenge the top 6 but hopefully good enough to pick up the required safety points. We may have too large a squad but let’s face it there is limited quality outside our best 11. Aspo has hinted himself that we are ok when every player is firing on all cylinders, but we have no room for passengers. Given his after match closed door “warm down” I am sure every player has been reminded. We have something to prove against Yeovil so let’s get on and show them next week.

I still have faith that Aspo & JR know what they need, just hope that they are backed financially.

It would have to include Gavin Gunning as well for me. Possibly one of the greatest defenders to have ever laced up his boots.

But someone finding today's results more palatable than you. And perhaps celebrating a pay rise bigger than you will ever see.

Both John Rudge and Neil Aspin were very sorry to lose Gunning and admitted it leaves a problem - but you know better than them of course.

Couldn't resist personal naming in a post either could you ? Because your arguments don't hold up ?

I think that the problem is that despite promises to support the manager and try to right the previous wrongdoing it is clearly not going to happen. We have let four players go already, signed one existing player on loan and brought in one "for the future". Aspo wanted Gunning to stay but he has left. That doesn't seem very supportive of the owner.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Archived