onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A message to Norman

Advert

Not 100% sure how many but I think around 3000 - 3500

Just less than 3000 I think. Not a bank holiday, end of a busy month, minging weather and so on. Could have been better but 1000 walk up Vale more than our pre-Coventry home game (9th Dec?). That's 20,000 quid extra in the coffers, add in the Cov game and the increased decent away support that's 100,000 income above what you'd expect from two run of the mill winter games.

Could have been budgeted for already of course. Just sayin' lark.

It would be a good move if we sign Gunning on a longer contract, or even until the summer at least as he's improved since Aspo came and has made a good contribution to our improvement. He should be offered a proper contract at the fair going rate and Rudgie will know exactly what that is, so, assuming Norm listens to Rudge and Aspin a sensible offer should be on the table and it's then up to Gav, if he decides he can get more than the going rate good luck to him but I wouldn't offer over the odds to keep him or anyone else; then again I don't think we should make offers of less than the going rate unless it's on a short term 'prove yourself' basis, which is what I believe happened with Gunning in the summer.

I really hope he stays and carries on his good work.

I think Gunning does want to play for us or he wouldn't bother trying to negotiate a pay rise. If we keep letting our better players leave because they want too much money we are always going to struggle...

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Paying what players think they should be paid is a dangerous game and will end with overpaid players and an attitude of I am better than the club.

However, pay peanuts and no players will come to Vale. This is where Rudgie and Aspin come in and advise Smurf on the proper rate he should be paying players.

Don't want to see Mad Gav leave, as he has shown what he can do at this level.

Always interesting at Vale Park. Hope it is soon sorted one way or the other.

Brown was an excellent player, but easily the worst manager we’ve ever had, and yes worse than gannon, Glover and the previous holder of the title, Lee Sinnott.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Weird isn't it

Brown, former player, no management experience

Glover, former player, no management experience

Gannon, management experience

Sinnot, no league management experience but had non league management experience

Aspin, former player, non league management experience and now having league management experience.

Took us a while but we finally got there.

Weird isn't it

Brown, former player, no management experience

Glover, former player, no management experience

Gannon, management experience

Sinnot, no league management experience but had non league management experience

Aspin, former player, non league management experience and now having league management experience.

Took us a while but we finally got there.

For what it’s worth, here’s my take on management. I think that defenders make the best managers. Why ? Because, as generally they are the ones with less natural talent, they understand how hard it is to play this damn game ! Consequently, they are more understanding when players have a poor game, which in return gets players respect. Think about all the top managers. Generally they were not the best players. Dalglish would be an exception, but not too many others immediately spring to mind.

For what it’s worth, here’s my take on management. I think that defenders make the best managers. Why ? Because, as generally they are the ones with less natural talent, they understand how hard it is to play this damn game ! Consequently, they are more understanding when players have a poor game, which in return gets players respect. Think about all the top managers. Generally they were not the best players. Dalglish would be an exception, but not too many others immediately spring to mind.

you are braver than me saying that Aspo has less natural talent😃

I get what you are saying but I would add Clough to the list of strikers, elder mainly, but younger is OK at lower league

A certain Alex Ferguson wasn’t too bad

you are braver than me saying that Aspo has less natural talent

I get what you are saying but I would add Clough to the list of strikers, elder mainly, but younger is OK at lower league

Fair point about Clough. He seems to be a bit of an enigma, whereby allegedly he was “just” a motivator and the “brains” was Peter Taylor. Martin O’Neill once said that he would run through a brick wall for Clough, but he wouldn’t cross the road to speak to him. But being dropped by Clough for the 1979 European Cup Final may have clouded his vision of Old Big Head somewhat !

Can't believe that we would even want to speak to Norman, this, the man who couldn't even spell ASPIN four months ago -check his twitter. Like so many dreamers our club has clearly been a vanity project for Norman. By some fluke we would appear to be in good hands where the current chief exec is concerned. Norman wants out -we want him out, a dignified divorce is preferable to acrimony any day however there aren't too many benevolent North Staffordshire sugar daddies about who would like to move in. Unfortunately, unless it is a fan who buys the club we are always in danger of being shafted as we all know to our cost.

Sometimes people do stay in abusive relationships.

Smurf is a chairman in difficulty, I actually feel a bit (tiny) sorry for him

Adams got some money, just enough.

Page got pennies, but Smurf and Page were oil and water apparently, if you don't like someone, you don't like them.

Bruno got a good wedge for the "experiment" but it didn't go well.

Brown got good money for pre-season and he made some good signings.

Pope

Worrall

Harness (jesus he is frustrating,love his enthusiasm, but needs to know when he has ran to far with the ball and needs to pass, but has gotten confidence with Aspo)

Plus he also played Gibbons and Turner.

(What has happened with Aspo and Turner?)

A message to Smurf.

Trust Aspo, if your instinct is no, ask Rudge, if Rudge agrees with Aspo go for it. I believe this pairing can get you promotion AND a profit in players

All I ask of Our chairman,,is please keep on supporting our club,you have tried new things hoping to bring success to the club, it never worked, that's

Life many of us don't get things right the first time. Things are looking up with new management team, wishing you and your family a very healthy and happy new year, May you and all the other Vale supported have a successful 2018 .( Together we can achieve our dreams

All I ask of Our chairman,,is please keep on supporting our club,you have tried new things hoping to bring success to the club, it never worked, that's

Life many of us don't get things right the first time. Things are looking up with new management team, wishing you and your family a very healthy and happy new year, May you and all the other Vale supported have a successful 2018 .( Together we can achieve our dreams

Great post agreed

Archived