onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A message to Norman

Aspin has rescued Norman from a very sticky period. I applaud Norman for bringing Neil etc in and don't care who he may have taken advice off, he did the deed.

Had the current situation not been so rosy then there would have been carnage and all hell let loose at the Club. All clubs have ups and downs but it currently appears(as we ride on an optimistic wave)that Norman is letting the Manager and players do his talking. Whether he needs to put his hand into his wallet in January remains to be seen but perhaps the stability that Sir Neil has manufactured will see us stay calm until the close of the season when if money is needed for a promotion push(please)Norman can invest then?

Advert

Won't be long before all those who arent going until Smurf goes etc will be sneaking back into Vale Park with their heads down and tails between their legs.
Sadly I don't think it is that simple. The two former season ticket holders I know that have left don't show any signs of returning despite the improved results. One used to bring friends and family occasionally too so we are losing quite a bit of revenue.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Yes its very easy to loose support! I know a lot of regulars who now don’t go! The only way to get these people back is to continue with the improvement on the field and try to become more profesional off the field. Slow but steady progress is needed , and trust in Aspo and Ruddgie to do the best for th. Just back’em Smurf going to best for everyone! Could be some very exciting times ahead!

Behave! Brown was just clueless and out of his depth and, don't forget, was a decent player for us. If I met him I'd still shake his hand. Gannon had serious mental issues and some sort of personality disorder, plus I've always thought he didn't like Vale even before he joined us. If I met him I think I'd make sure I got the first punch in.

Brown was an excellent player, but easily the worst manager we’ve ever had, and yes worse than gannon, Glover and the previous holder of the title, Lee Sinnott.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Won't be long before all those who arent going until Smurf goes etc will be sneaking back into Vale Park with their heads down and tails between their legs.

And your vitriol will achieve what? Let’s make it easier for the stay-away s to come back by not being prays about it, eh?

I am in 100% agreement with you Ben. I don't bear grudges and if the owner acts in a proper manner and provides the cash to get Gunning and hopefully Whitfield signed up pronto and tries his damndest to back the Asp then he will do for me but if he lets Gunning drift off into the night then I will consider that he has learned nothing and it would simply prove that a 'leopard doesn't change it's spots'.

It may not be his fault if gunning dosent sign.... he may provide a good budget but just because a certain player may not sign dosent automatically make it the chairmans fault or prove he's learnt nothing.

In fact it may be more sensible to walk away. If other clubs are after him he will demand more and more money and let's face it he said nothing special and has far as im concerned, Anderson is a better centre half. If he wants to stay and wants a small increase then offer it him but that's about it.

I think and hope he will back aspin in the window simply because of how good he's doing, he must see the huge opportunity there, especially with the hugill deal. He did back brown and Bruno with decent budgets so I think he will back aspin.

It may not be his fault if gunning dosent sign.... he may provide a good budget but just because a certain player may not sign dosent automatically make it the chairmans fault or prove he's learnt nothing.

In fact it may be more sensible to walk away. If other clubs are after him he will demand more and more money and let's face it he said nothing special and has far as im concerned, Anderson is a better centre half. If he wants to stay and wants a small increase then offer it him but that's about it.

I think and hope he will back aspin in the window simply because of how good he's doing, he must see the huge opportunity there, especially with the hugill deal. He did back brown and Bruno with decent budgets so I think he will back aspin.

Apparently Gunning is one of the lowest paid players and probably accepted that because he needed to prove himself and maybe his previous reputation meant that no one else would touch him. I think he has proved himself and deserves a decent contract. Norman should offer him a fair wedge because we need to keep this momentum going. A settled side under Aspin has been key to our recent form and I think Smith has looked much better with Gunning alongside. It would be a big blow if we cannot offer players a decent contract otherwise Aspin will have an impossible job in this transfer window.

Apparently Gunning is one of the lowest paid players and probably accepted that because he needed to prove himself and maybe his previous reputation meant that no one else would touch him. I think he has proved himself and deserves a decent contract. Norman should offer him a fair wedge because we need to keep this momentum going. A settled side under Aspin has been key to our recent form and I think Smith has looked much better with Gunning alongside. It would be a big blow if we cannot offer players a decent contract otherwise Aspin will have an impossible job in this transfer window.
If Gunning doesn't want to play for us anymore I'd rather not offer him any more money if his hearts not in it.

We don't need any negativity in the squad right now.

If Gunning doesn't want to play for us anymore I'd rather not offer him any more money if his hearts not in it.

We don't need any negativity in the squad right now.

I think Gunning does want to play for us or he wouldn't bother trying to negotiate a pay rise. If we keep letting our better players leave because they want too much money we are always going to struggle...

Sadly I don't think it is that simple. The two former season ticket holders I know that have left don't show any signs of returning despite the improved results. One used to bring friends and family occasionally too so we are losing quite a bit of revenue.

How many STs did we sell,considering we got relegated?Ive also noticed a lot more young kids going,mostly on Saturdays.

I think Gunning does want to play for us or he wouldn't bother trying to negotiate a pay rise. If we keep letting our better players leave because they want too much money we are always going to struggle...

Or he just wants to negotiate a pay rise to see how much more he can get.Then compare with what ever other offers come up.(Which is fair enough)

Archived