onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The OVF January Transfer Window thread

robf

Remember right before Norman bought the club and it was in the hands of the administrators - they were running the club as a profit.

How has Norman come in, spent £4m making us worse, and now we're losing money hand over fist and a £1.8m windfall is to be used to cover up his incompetence?

Get this clown out of the club.

Realistically, £500,000 should be given to Aspin/Rudge to go out and buy 3-4 exciting young players with a view to further resale.

Advert

Remember right before Norman bought the club and it was in the hands of the administrators - they were running the club as a profit.

How has Norman come in, spent £4m making us worse, and now we're losing money hand over fist and a £1.8m windfall is to be used to cover up his incompetence?

Get this clown out of the club.

Realistically, £500,000 should be given to Aspin/Rudge to go out and buy 3-4 exciting young players with a view to further resale.

Smurthwaite Out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s face the truth here. Norman is a liar , and anyone who believes a word out of his mouth is a fool. He will recoup his money , feather his own nest and basically tell us all to **** off and stay out of his business. We will carry on like this for years with him in charge of the money. Aspin’s hands are tied , and we’re living on scraps. If it remains the same , and that looks very likely , Aspin and Rudge will be gone before next Christmas, and who could blame them ? Strangely, this windfall may do more harm than good. He’s an egotistical, selfish man who hides behind Twitter, and his massive ego has been boosted even more by yesterday’s transaction. If he would take his “cut” and sell the club , I’d beca very happy man. But he won’t, because that ego won’t let him , and he’ll spoon feed Aspin a little at a time to suit himself. Meanwhile ,Vale will trundle along like an old horse , and stay in L2 for 10 more years . That’s what will happen if he stays. A nasty little man , with no concern for any fans of the club.Aspin said today that the fans are the lifeblood of the club, but that the Chairman controls the purse strings . We’re stuck , and we know it .

Crikey, that's grim. I've spent the last hour or two trying to convince myself it's not right but with little success. It all rings a bit too true for my liking. Smurf promised he would do anything it takes to keep us in the football league yet, when push comes to shove in the transfer window, it seems we've been spending pennies.

It looks to me very much like the little success we've had in the window is down to Aspo and Rudge's extensive contacts, their in-depth knowledge of players and their willingness to work their wotsits off to get a few signings in. After all that, the prospect of the manager being rewarded with little or nothing after the biggest windfall we've had for years is a bit hard to take. At least Billy Bell put a few quid Rudge's way when he could and the result was there for all to see - the best period in our history for a long time.

Norman would do well to think about the impact a bit of investment in players would make but it looks like a forlorn hope. Even more worrying is the impact a policy of no investment would have on our management team. Aspo may well be thinking he'd more appreciated elsewhere. He's known as a man of honesty and integrity who speaks his mind and he won't be short of offers. If he went in such circumstances, the reputational damage would be even worse for the club, particularly in our ability to attract new players.

Only one man can prevent this happening. He has the chance to do this when he gets back and making a statement of intent about the money is the least he could do. In the end, there's an element of self-interest in this for Norman because if he gets it wrong, he could lose not only his money (despite the Hugill windfall) but also his reputation; on the other hand, if he gets it right, he at least will have mended the damage he's done to the club. We'll see.

Crikey, that's grim. I've spent the last hour or two trying to convince myself it's not right but with little success. It all rings a bit too true for my liking. Smurf promised he would do anything it takes to keep us in the football league yet, when push comes to shove in the transfer window, it seems we've been spending pennies.

It looks to me very much like the little success we've had in the window is down to Aspo and Rudge's extensive contacts, their in-depth knowledge of players and their willingness to work their wotsits off to get a few signings in. After all that, the prospect of the manager being rewarded with little or nothing after the biggest windfall we've had for years is a bit hard to take. At least Billy Bell put a few quid Rudge's way when he could and the result was there for all to see - the best period in our history for a long time.

Norman would do well to think about the impact a bit of investment in players would make but it looks like a forlorn hope. Even more worrying is the impact a policy of no investment would have on our management team. Aspo may well be thinking he'd more appreciated elsewhere. He's known as a man of honesty and integrity who speaks his mind and he won't be short of offers. If he went in such circumstances, the reputational damage would be even worse for the club, particularly in our ability to attract new players.

Only one man can prevent this happening. He has the chance to do this when he gets back and making a statement of intent about the money is the least he could do. In the end, there's an element of self-interest in this for Norman because if he gets it wrong, he could lose not only his money (despite the Hugill windfall) but also his reputation; on the other hand, if he gets it right, he at least will have mended the damage he's done to the club. We'll see.

Sorry, didn’t mean it to be grim. Your post is spot on.

Pope commented that: “Norman texted me a couple of weeks ago to tell me he’d had the offer but had turned it down.

That just about sums our chairman up. Don’t tell the manager you have an offer for one of his players, don’t show some respect by talking to the players face, just text him. Oh sorry that may mean visiting your club.

How do you know he had not discussed it with the manager??

Pope commented that: “Norman texted me a couple of weeks ago to tell me he’d had the offer but had turned it down.

That just about sums our chairman up. Don’t tell the manager you have an offer for one of his players, don’t show some respect by talking to the players face, just text him. Oh sorry that may mean visiting your club. ������

How bad is that? Our chairman/owner is on holiday when the window is ending and we are fighting for our survival as a league one club. But, hey, no worries because Fradley is at the helm! It beggars belief.

We've done no more business than the likes of Accrington, FGR & Barnet in this window. Think about that and reflect on it!!

Archived