onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The OVF January Transfer Window thread

robf

Advert

It's a bit like last year when we lost Alnwick, like Anderson, very late on and then struggled in the time left to bring anyone in.

But the bottom line has to be that Norman thinks we are safe (dangerous thinking for me) and can regroup in the summer, so don't really need to push out the boat this month. I don't think Aspin has signed a proven league one player on a permanent deal has he? They are all loans and non league chancers. That isn't to say that some might not come good but it takes time to adjust, as we found out with Jules and Wilson last week, time that we don't have.

Someone had to mention it, so here goes. I'm sorry we didn't try to get Dodds back. Not only to help us stave off the drop but also to pair him with Pope for next season. Letting him go to one of our rivals at the bottom is annoying. But if NS won't finance anything then we're stuck with going for yellow sticker players aren't we?

The window has left me totally underwhelmed. But I know who I'm holding responsible for it and it isn't Aspin or Rudge.

We're better off than yesterday - for centre backs.

The difference with the Alnwick situation though Sage was that Rangers were in for him well before January 31st and we acted all amazed when he went. Anderson was unforseen , Alnwick was most definitely not and was pure bad management.

It's a bit like last year when we lost Alnwick, like Anderson, very late on and then struggled in the time left to bring anyone in.

But the bottom line has to be that Norman thinks we are safe (dangerous thinking for me) and can regroup in the summer

The window has left me totally underwhelmed. But I know who I'm holding responsible for it and it isn't Aspin or Rudge.

Maybe Aspin has said as much to Norm when they have spoken?

Maybe Aspin has said as much to Norm when they have spoken?

I’m sure he has , as he’s not one to mince his words, but they have fallen on deaf ears. You can tell by his interview yesterday that there’s a lot of distance between him and the blue one. Norman doesn’t like confrontation, unlike Aspin , who says what’s exactly on his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aspin has readily admitted that the players we've bought in 'haven't cost a lot', which is disappointing to read.

I think we have enough going forward to bundle survival home, but it isn't going to be the fun 2nd half of the season we envisaged post-Luton.

The most frustrating part is Smurf seems to be hinting that the £600,000 a year the club will see from Hugill will be used to cover the shortfall he claims he has been making up. Does anyone have the energy to tell him that that shortfall only exists due to his woeful decision making regarding manager choice, transfers, and attracting fans? Its not like its just appeared from nowhere.

We made £250,000 last year and £1.9m this year; 99% of the clubs in this league would give anything for a windfall like that. Unfortunately, because we're Vale, we'll likely see no difference as Smurf withdraws even further from the club to protect his pennies.

Some might say I'm unrealistic; I'd hope at least a bit of the cash would go to a snazzy new marquee signing in the summer. Is that really too much to ask after what we've had to endure the past 18 months?

It all feels a bit futile. We spent 8 years in this diabolical league last time and with money coming in like it is, we should be easily challenging at the top end (considering clubs with budgets like Stanley are doing it), if we weren't run by a bloke who doesn't know what he's doing and we were in a financial position where some of the £2.2m we've earned over the past 12 months was actually seen on the pitch.

Let’s face the truth here. Norman is a liar , and anyone who believes a word out of his mouth is a fool. He will recoup his money , feather his own nest and basically tell us all to **** off and stay out of his business. We will carry on like this for years with him in charge of the money. Aspin’s hands are tied , and we’re living on scraps. If it remains the same , and that looks very likely , Aspin and Rudge will be gone before next Christmas, and who could blame them ? Strangely, this windfall may do more harm than good. He’s an egotistical, selfish man who hides behind Twitter, and his massive ego has been boosted even more by yesterday’s transaction. If he would take his “cut” and sell the club , I’d beca very happy man. But he won’t, because that ego won’t let him , and he’ll spoon feed Aspin a little at a time to suit himself. Meanwhile ,Vale will trundle along like an old horse , and stay in L2 for 10 more years . That’s what will happen if he stays. A nasty little man , with no concern for any fans of the club.Aspin said today that the fans are the lifeblood of the club, but that the Chairman controls the purse strings . We’re stuck , and we know it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One positive is I think Aspin has reacted to losing Anderson well as I think Raglan and Howe should make good signings. I liked Anderson and he was steady but he certainly wasn't any better than that, I think the problem is the cracks in the squad that already existed haven't been addressed totally!? Hannant looks a good prospect but Wilson has a lot to prove and sadly Regis appears to have an attitude problem. Angus could be one for the future but I'm not sure will make a lot of impact this season?

With this windfall if we don't have a real go next season we'll never get a better chance.

Aspin/Rudge and the cash from Hugills sale would see the Vale gain promotion in season 2018/19 if we had a club loving owner with a business brain.

8 years in this league last time Hagrid? I think it was about 4 or 5 but otherwise I do agree with you, there is no excuse for Vale struggling in what is basically the 4th Division!

Apologies, it was 5. Felt like 8.

The 6 months we've spent in this league since feel like an eternity.

We have the manager, the DoF, the fanbase, and the funds to rinse this league.

The only think we lack is a competent chairman.

Archived