onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Leeds U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Not moaning just a observation.

Sutton Utd beat these last season .

Why we so afraid .

What the hell is wrong with these players .

The side we have now what amount to anything .

A centre half at right back and left back ,playing 2 up front v Leeds who had all the ball generally cause we respected them to much 1 up front v Crawley who had us stuck in our own half all half bar Turners goal .

Brown im sorry he aint up to the job ,he wasnt any good in league one what makes u think he is going be any good in league 2 .

The reality is we r conference bound .

Load of ********. How are we conference bound? Because we lost to one of the strongest sides in the championship?

It's been two games and we one the important one! ******* embarrassing post.

Advert

Why we so afraid .

A centre half at right back and left back ,playing 2 up front v Leeds who had all the ball generally cause we respected them to much 1 up front v Crawley who had us stuck in our own half all half bar Turners goal .

Brown im sorry he aint up to the job ,he wasnt any good in league one what makes u think he is going be any good in league 2 .

You're expecting too much. This ain't a computer game. Leeds nearly made the play offs last season and have strengthened this season. We're rebuilding. Get your priorities right.

Sent from my E2303 using the onevalefan mobile app

Listen I've just been to the game and Leeds weren't that good! Difference was the 3m Spanish lad he was class!

A few players for Leeds tonight cost 3m , 2 players cost 2m and so on!!!!

Let's not forget we didn't play our best players tonight, we gave a run out to fringe players,

We had a go but two divisions and a lot of money separate us simple as!

Not the world best performance from vale but score line was harsh on vale!

We had a go and scored no shame in tonight's performance m!

On to Wycombe we'll beat them

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Why we so afraid .

Sutton did not beat these players last season, their hat-trick man was playing in Spain, he cost £3m

If we got promoted or you could win a cup for moaning we would win everything I can't believe some so called Vale fans. Wasn't much moaning on Saturday let's see where we are at Christmas then we have every right to moan, I know some fans didn't want brown in charge but for God's sake let's give him a chance. The bread and butter is the league, tonight's game was a no lose situation at least they had a go which is all we can ask.

Load of ********. How are we conference bound? Because we lost to one of the strongest sides in the championship?

It's been two games and we one the important one! ******* embarrassing post.

Agreed.

There are certainly positives to take from the two games I've seen so far, and I think our strongest eleven would be a match for any team in League 2.

My observations so far are as follows:

Still think 1 up front with the midfielders we have at present doesn't quite work. Pope is not a lone striker.

I was impressed with Forrester tonight. Could be our main man in League 2 if he stays injury free. If!

Pyke has something about him. Strong on the ball for a young lad, with no little skill as well. Should be played up top.

Like the look of Tonge, but as many have said on here, it's too pedestrian with both him and Pugh. Need another centre mid with bags of energy.

Harkness looks a player. Should of started tonight. Looked a threat when he came on.

Hopefully Monty will be back soon as he changes the dynamics of the way we play.

Gunning has done a good job, but a proper left back will help with our style of play.

Kay looks a good addition and the leader we need.

Where was Wilson tonight? Questions marks in that position if Davis is the back up. Tried his best, but it just isn't his position.

Overall, I would like to judge a home game with two proper full back, Monty and Harkness on the wings, and Forrester/Pope and Pyke up front. Add to that a dynamic midfielder, and I think we could be cooking with gas.

I look forward to the next few games.

UTV

How many years is it since we did anything in a cup competition .

To many i tell u tonight was about making a statement .

The manager failed the players failed .

The Vale will never get people in the ground unless they win big cup ties .

Tonge and Pugh dont have the legs and Brown doesnt have the ability to deliver .

A 4-1 tells u all u need to know .

Two leagues higher so what where the Vale gone who represented under Rudgie where we taking Arsenal to pens thrashing Everton under the floodlights and hammering Stoke in the rain .

Its rubbish even Crawley had us on the back foot all second half .

Ffs what have we become

Tripe utter tripe mate you're very emotional I'll give you that wear your heart on your sleeve and all that s@it

We're coming back and trying to rise again from a very turbulent era

Give the lads and brown a chance ffs lay off sit back watch and put your forthright views on here if we are near the bottom of league after 10 games

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

he's probably been on the pish all day.

A fair number of our fans had been judging by the state of them when they came into the ground!

Held our own for the first half but they upped the tempo

after the break and we couldn't match them. No one let us down - they were just better.

Some of the members are here, and it's only a minority to be fair, are an embaressment.

We lost tonight against a good side, one that's two leagues above us. They were definitely the better team from start to finish and deserved the win, but 4-1 was a bit harsh on us. We won't be playing any side in League Two with anything like the same quality. The lad that scored a hat-trick tonight was a highly thought of youngster for Real Madrid some years ago!

With everyone fit we clearly have an 11 to rival that of any side in League Two. We all know we're still a couple of players short, and especially in the midfield area where we need more legs. Tonight we were missing Wilson, De Freitas, Montano, Harness, Barnett and Pope from the starting 11. With those on the pitch we'd more than likely still lose, sure, but it would be a different game probably.

I wasn't keen on Brown's appintment as I wanted someone with experience, but I think he's done relatively well this summer in his recruitment. I would have also taken beating Crawley on Saturday than winning tonight's game also every day of the week. With some players to come back and also one or two to come in, including Guy with a bit of luck which is exactly what we'll need, we'll be looking strong and should go on to have a good season where we'll be there or there abouts. Losing tonight against a very decent Championship side away from home at a tricky ground is absolutely nothing to worry or be down about.

Lainton

Wilson

Smith

Kay

Denton

Harness

Tonge

De Freitas

Montano

Pope

Pyke

Subs:

Hornby

Davis

Gunning

Pugh

Reeves

Turner (Barnett when fit)

Forrester

That's a FAR better side than we had at any point last season, without any shadow of a doubt, in a league above with much better footballing sides. So quit whining and acting like one defeat is the end of the world and get behind the team and the manager. If we beat Wycombe on Saturday we'll all be <ovf censored> or getting tossed off by our Mrs' with a big smile on our faces come Saturday night.

I can't ever remember applauding the lads off after a 4-1 thumping. They worked their socks off but we came up against quality opposition. Sometimes you just have to accept it.

They upped the tempo in the second half and the two league gap told.

Kay is going to be very important for us this season. Thought he had a good game especially first half.

Forester was superb with his hold up play. His finishing let's him down at times but he was superb tonight. Turner and Reeves were chasing shadows at times but it's a great learning curve for them.

Gavin Gunning will just be a liability. 4-1 down with 2 minutes to go and he stupidly gets a 2nd yellow.

If you were there tonight and clapped him off then you're just as short of braincells as he is.

We never stopped working and I came away thinking the lads gave their all and it was the gulf in class that did us.

On a last point, Pope doesn't look right at all. His 30 minute cameo was one of an unfit or injured player.

It will be interesting to see if he starts on Saturday after Foresters showing.

How many years is it since we did anything in a cup competition .

To many i tell u tonight was about making a statement .

The manager failed the players failed .

The Vale will never get people in the ground unless they win big cup ties .

Tonge and Pugh dont have the legs and Brown doesnt have the ability to deliver .

A 4-1 tells u all u need to know .

Two leagues higher so what where the Vale gone who represented under Rudgie where we taking Arsenal to pens thrashing Everton under the floodlights and hammering Stoke in the rain .

Its rubbish even Crawley had us on the back foot all second half .

Ffs what have we become

We held Arsenal & beat Everton as a tier two team and Stoke "in the rain" as a tier three equal.We also got those results with players that cost hundreds of thousands of pounds.Matlock Vale is right, football's changed since then; stop being a mard.

You could always change your name to "Armchair United Fan in Alsager" if you want to see free spending funded success.

Archived