onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Leeds U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

To be fair to Gunning he's a centre half really, doing a fill-in job at left back. Hence, we signed Denton the other day.

Most, no all, centre backs would end up with a load of bookings if they played left back. McCombe? McDonald? Purse? It's only a matter of time.

In some ways he did what we'd all do if we were 1-4 down and someone was taking the ****. I would. But their lad made a banquet of it and the ref maybe could have warned him sternly as the game had gone by then. But their lad's show-boating isn't great to see in professional football and he's lucky it wasn't Bob Hazell marking him!

I hear what you say, but history tells you that he has disciplinary problems. The galling thing over the 2nd card is that only 2 minutes remained and the game had gone. So why do it at all in those circumstances ?. There may be reasons why he did it, but surely no excuses.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Just read the Leeds statement saying that their player Saiz "denies' spitting in Davies' face. And there was me expecting him to admit it ! I sometimes wonder why clubs put out these ridiculous statements. Also it should be noted, that this statement was released AFTER media reported that the incident was not on caught on camera. Now isn't that a coincidence. Seems the "Revie" era is alive and kicking at Elland Road, long after his own personal demise.

Was anyone among the Vale fans close enough to see it?

Was anyone among the Vale fans close enough to see it?

I wasn't I was on way home by then beat the traffic personally for what it's worth it's happened, apparently the Leeds player acted up a bit after the tackle and gunning was never going be on the pitch for the whole game after earlier booking i thought but so what, it's done and football is give and take and it will definitely happen in our favour one match this season and even itself out

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I hear what you say, but history tells you that he has disciplinary problems. The galling thing over the 2nd card is that only 2 minutes remained and the game had gone. So why do it at all in those circumstances ?. There may be reasons why he did it, but surely no excuses.

I agree it was an irresponsible challenge after he'd already been booked, close to game end and with vale already lost. However, the Leeds player was taking the michael and a player in a Championship team doing that to a lower league player/team or any team with the game already won is well below the belt, hopefully Gunning will learn a lesson.

Haven't seen enough of Gunning to have an opinion but we are going to need physicality and battlers to get out of Lge 2, hopefully ones who can stay on the pitch!!

Gunning is a red card waiting to happen. As it turns out, we had to wait less than 180 minutes.

I hope that Browney has a word with Gunning,he needs to calm down. I posted after the Chester game that this guy will have loads of cards this season. We can not afford to have any player getting suspended at any stage of the season and going by whats happened this early in the season things to change in this lads attitude.

We did not play Leeds. We played Leed's reserves. And got spanked. If the happy clappers are happy with this - fine.

Leeds did not play Port Vale. They played Port Vale put together on a very limited budget, where the manager decided he would weaken it further to protect his squad and prioritise Saturday's game by making 5 changes.

I'm no happy clapper.

Youre making no sense.

Win on Saturday against a team who were up in the top 7 for most of last season and that will shut anyone up complaining about the result last night.

Just to point out that Wycombe spent 36 matches out of 46 out of the top 7 last season.

I'm confident 3 points will be ours on Saturday.

I hope that Browney has a word with Gunning,he needs to calm down. I posted after the Chester game that this guy will have loads of cards this season. We can not afford to have any player getting suspended at any stage of the season and going by whats happened this early in the season things to change in this lads attitude.

Good to see that Brown has clearly told Gunning what he thinks about his red card. Too many players are mollycoddled with the "we'll deal with this in house" line. Whether it improves his future discipline, is another matter. Leopards & spots seems to come to mind.

We did not play Leeds. We played Leed's reserves. And got spanked. If the happy clappers are happy with this - fine.

Yorkshire police have put out an APB for a group of 11 men who are to be charged with the heinous crime of "impersonating professional first team footballers". Several 1000 witnesses to the crime have not come forward with any complaint. The Chief Constable of Yorks Police Randy Stopsign issued the following statement "It's a serious offence although conviction is rare..England players have for some time got away with impersonating top footballers." The offence will feature on the next edition of Crimewatch/The Big Match (whichever is considered most appropriate).

Yorkshire police have put out an APB for a group of 11 white shirted men who are to be charged with the heinous crime of "impersonating professional first team footballers". Several 1000 witnesses to the crime have not come forward with any complaint. The Chief Constable of Yorks Police Randy Stopsign issued the following statement "It's a serious offence although conviction is rare..England players have for some time got away with impersonating top footballers." The offence will feature on the next edition of Crimewatch/The Big Match (whichever is considered most appropriate).

In the words of Shaw Taylor, "keep 'em peeled" Maybe you were there ? Perhaps you saw something ?

Negatives:

Bereft of ideas in the final 3rd and I put that down to playing 1 up top

Defenders panicked too much and gave the ball away very easily - lacking confidence to take a touch

We did not close down quick enough when Leeds came across the half way line - the whole team were way to sluggish, this improved in the 1st 10 mins of the 2nd half but we were flat on our feet - the side does not look fit enough!

Caught on the break, this was the same last season, we don't have enough willing runners in the middle of the park and we do lack defensive discipline

Our central midfield pairing were far too lazy, they were walked through most of the night (I can understand the final Leeds Mgt comments, we gave away many cynical fouls - largely due to fitness and can't be arsed attitude to tracking runners.

I have to say on the balance, we are far too negative as a side and will get truely punished this season if the WHOLE team does not up it game in terms of work rate without the ball and our lack of runners with the ball.

We'll be no where near the top 6 with the attitude that was on display last night.

You can talk about Leeds being a good team, but it does not take away the fact that we had many too many 'lazy' performances. Hardwork costs nothing, other than the odd deep breath!

I think your comments about attitiude and fitness are way wide of the mark.

Theres a big difference between setting out a team to try and keep its shape and be defensive without the ball (like we did at Leeds) and your interpretation of being lazy and thinking that we should be chasing everything. It proved in the second half that if we did decided to go and chase everything that they had the quality to play around us and find the gaps and I'd say their 2nd and 3rd goals came from that situation.

Obvioiusly watching it on TV you are following the ball around so you wouldn't have seen the work the team are doing off the ball to try and fill gaps and keep the shape and Tonge and Pugh in particualr put a real shift in in that central area IMO.

Archived