onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Leeds U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Please share your thoughts before, during and after the game in this thread.

Give it a go Vale, bit of a switch round, a debut for Pyke, but would not think that Denton would play. Depends who Leeds put out, but still likely to be a strong team and may highlight another loan signing? So nowt to lose.

Advert

A free hit this one, lose and expected so nothing to lose but all to gain if we can pull off a shock.

I'd make a few changes with Saturday in mind possibly resting one of Pugh or Tonge and maybe even resting the Pontiff and Kay.

If I'm honest if you offer me either a win here or on Saturday I'd pick Saturday every time.

A free hit this one, lose and expected so nothing to lose but all to gain if we can pull off a shock.

I'd make a few changes with Saturday in mind possibly resting one of Pugh or Tonge and maybe even resting the Pontiff and Kay.

If I'm honest if you offer me either a win here or on Saturday I'd pick Saturday every time.

I think Vale should play what is considered their strongest side. Why "rest" people ? The season is ONE game old ! Maybe I come from an era when Cup games were to be enjoyed, not endured. But if we lose on Saturday (and it will have NOTHING to do with playing midweek )we still have 44 games left to put it right. Lose midweek and we're out of a Cup already. I see no reason whatsoever to play a "weakened" side at Leeds. To me, it makes no sense.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Players don't need "resting" one game into the season.

Two changes maximum I think. Maybe Reeves for Tonge and either Whitfield or Turner for Monty who I think will be protected.

I expect Leeds will change at least 8 of their players that played today.

We have done well against higher opposition in previous years. I'm really looking forward to this and seeing the lads in the flesh for the first time since Fleetwood.

We should try and win every match we play. Cup runs can be a catalyst to massive progress of a football club. Think Spurs FA Cup 4th round and that was THE game that got me (and hundreds of others) hooked on the club. I'd been going with my Dad since 1984 but that game got the club into my blood. I'm praying for a similar experience for my lad in the next three or four years. He's ten now and is thoroughly disillusioned with us and often goes under duress these days. Cup runs are huge for Vale and we were genuinely feared in the 90s as giant killers. About time we got that reputation back so field the strongest side MB and give them a good game.

We should try and win every match we play. Cup runs can be a catalyst to massive progress of a football club. Think Spurs FA Cup 4th round and that was THE game that got me (and hundreds of others) hooked on the club. I'd been going with my Dad since 1984 but that game got the club into my blood. I'm praying for a similar experience for my lad in the next three or four years. He's ten now and is thoroughly disillusioned with us and often goes under duress these days. Cup runs are huge for Vale and we were genuinely feared in the 90s as giant killers. About time we got that reputation back so field the strongest side MB and give them a good game.
A good run certainly boosted Bradford City a few years back also.

With a very thin squad we should rotate some players. It's very easy to get injuries playing 3 games in 7 days at this early stage of the season when the body is not used to it.

I would keep the back 5 together to help build an understanding but I think midfield and attack should be changed.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

They played today. 24 hours less rest. May prompt them to play squad players or we get a slight advantage. I think we should strive to do no worse than a dignified loss through a professional performance and need a strong team for that but Saturday is more important to me.

I hope we put out a decent side but also at the same time we are quite bare in certain areas. I know that injuries can happen at any time but do we risk players like Wilson, Gunning, Montano, Pugh, Tonge. I'm not saying drop them all in one go but we can bring in other player or even give a couple of the younger players some minutes like turner, gibbons, kelly, davis or reeves.

Archived