onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

John Rudge

Nice to see JR wishing us well for tomorrow. Whatever happens on Sunday could we dare to dream smurfs big announcement on Monday is that he has persuaded JR to be our director of football.

Obviously it would better news if Smurfs announcement is that he has sold up completely.

Would John be persuaded even on a part time or advisory roll ???

Advert

It is indeed.

If we only tapped into his advice now and again it would be very useful. I bet he'd give it freely if we asked but our lord and master prefers a phone call from Jose who was trying to get his incompetent, but well meaning mate a job.

You could not write the script.

If Rudgie had been taken on board in an advisory capacity at the start of the season we would be promoted not facing relegation. We should have a stand named after the great man. It would be an honour if it was the Bycars End where I have always sat/stood. I thank God that I experienced the Rudgie era. I suspect it will be a few generations before that is emulated.

The most sensible person to have ever been employed by the club during my lifetime or probably ever.

Historians of Port Vale Football Club will probably look at the Rudge era as an oasis of calm in an otherwise chequered history of utter chaos.

Rudgie - the man who walked on water, but only after he had turned it into wine. If only we could get those days back. Watching the Vale was amazing - in all the years I'd watched the Vale I'd never seen such brilliant players or the way Rudgie motivated and prepared his teams, and the way we took teams apart. It was just a joy to watch. Yet there he is, sitting on the sidelines while we wilt for lack of leadership. I'd have him back in an advisory capacity any day, rose-tinted specs or not.

If Rudgie had been taken on board in an advisory capacity at the start of the season we would be promoted not facing relegation. We should have a stand named after the great man. It would be an honour if it was the Bycars End where I have always sat/stood. I thank God that I experienced the Rudgie era. I suspect it will be a few generations before that is emulated.

I'll admit I begrudged him massively at 15/16 when he left for Stoke. But at that point he had been manager all my life and it seemed a betrayal. However the way Bell treated him after all those years and all he had done for Vale says it all. Look at the years since John Rudge left. He should have been brought straight back to Vale greatest man in the clubs history.

Rudgie should be asked to sit on the panel to choose the next manager.

Last summer, both Sir John and a prominent former captain were asked to come up with a list of possible candidates to replace Rob Page. They did, but were then told not to worry, the Club had received an interesting phone call...the rest is history.

Last summer, both Sir John and a prominent former captain were asked to come up with a list of possible candidates to replace Rob Page. They did, but were then told not to worry, the Club had received an interesting phone call...the rest is history.
It would be interesting to know what the managers on that list did this season.

Archived