onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics are still interested

Hagrid

Advert

My only problem Tim is that thats what Crewe do and look at them,i will be honest i love the vale as you do but i would love a Billionaire to come in and take us through the leagues with their money(i know this wont happen) as i watch football each season praying for success otherwise whats the point,i wouldn't want to watch a team that is just going to hover in a league whether thats league one or two but is ok as its self funding,if that makes sense.......I would love a local company or person who are Vale fans to buy us but would also like to hear them say we want promotion asap not in 5yrs etc
I have a go on the Euro lottery, but know the chances of winning millions are miniscule, but enjoy the few quid I win. I have watched the Vale, had fantastic days made even more memorable by their rarity, but I am quite happy with a mid table L1 life with the chance of a cup run. If we go down I would not expect us to be back for 3 years even with a change of owner, building from scratch takes time.

If they were serious and had the funds why not make it all public??? This would put all supporters on their side and force Norman's hand.

That is what Mo Chaudry did and it just made the incumbents dig their heels in even more. When Synectics made their bid last year it was done in a professional manner and kept behind closed doors. I see no reason why they should operate any differently now.

The only things likely to 'force' Normans hand in my view are :

1) An offer so good he simply cant refuse

2) A virtual blanket ban by fans on buying season tickets and/or attending come August

3) A serious illness

Can't see 1) happening, 2) is unlikely and although I think crowds will be way down Norman can negate that with a lower budget, maintaining all he puts in is still a loan which he will still require repaid when someone does buy us out. 3) I wouldn't wish on anyone.....even Norman.

I would like if possible to see a consortium of local business people take over the club but I think that's unlikely as no-one seems to have the wealth or stomach for it. Things are only going to go from bad to worse under Norman and even if he were to sell today to people who do have the clubs future at heart and the cash to change things for the good I still think it's going to take at least 5 years to turn this club around, both on the pitch and off it.

Our standing within the game would appear to be at a very low ebb with players apparently putting the phone down as soon as they hear its PVFC trying to lure them to the club, managers and players alike being hounded out of the club. Constant trouble between rival fans.....the list goes on and on.

The reputation this club has must be at an all-time low and this I believe is what went wrong during the January transfer window and is one of the most serious concerns that will face Norman if he stays, and anyone else who takes over anytime soon.

My only problem Tim is that thats what Crewe do and look at them,i will be honest i love the vale as you do but i would love a Billionaire to come in and take us through the leagues with their money(i know this wont happen) as i watch football each season praying for success otherwise whats the point,i wouldn't want to watch a team that is just going to hover in a league whether thats league one or two but is ok as its self funding,if that makes sense.......I would love a local company or person who are Vale fans to buy us but would also like to hear them say we want promotion asap not in 5yrs etc

We are not going to get a billionnaire to buy Vale. We have a man who is reportedly a multi-millionnaire in charge who promised us the earth and look what's happened. Orient have a man who is a multi-millionnaire who promised the earth and look what's happened. Money is only part of the answer. Common sense, business acumen and integrity are equally as important.

The reputation this club has must be at an all-time low and this I believe is what went wrong during the January transfer window and is one of the most serious concerns that will face Norman if he stays, and anyone else who takes over anytime soon.

I very much suspect you're right, Fred, and it will make the job of any manager trying to attract decent players in the summer very difficult.

That is what Mo Chaudry did and it just made the incumbents dig their heels in even more. When Synectics made their bid last year it was done in a professional manner and kept behind closed doors. I see no reason why they should operate any differently now.

I take it that bid was accepted then? Publically doing it stops any excuses from the seller like they don't have the funds which is what he said last time isn't it???

V2001 didn't want to sell as some of them were earning a good salary with perks out of it so you can't compare.

I take it that bid was accepted then? Publically doing it stops any excuses from the seller like they don't have the funds which is what he said last time isn't it???

What Norman said and what actually happened may not be the same thing. Also, wasn't there a confidentiality clause in place?

V2001 didn't want to sell as some of them were earning a good salary with perks out of it so you can't compare.

Does make you wonder about Norman doesn't it.

I know that for every example I'm giving there are many more that don't fit the mould but it is possible for a well-run club to achieve promotion from this League, despite the odds.

Burton and Yeovil have done it. We did it years ago, though granted things have since changed.

Rochdale have done quite well at our level. So too Walsall.

Exeter in the league below, Accrington last year.

Yes, 9/10 times the big spenders will dominate but an astutely managed Club with a good manager can buck the trend.

My understanding is that Norman would not supply enough information to complete the due diligence so they were advised not to proceed until such info had been supplied. This was also the case with another potential buyer. Both parties paid the exclusivity payment.

SS Ltd is a very professional business. They would be good for Vale in the long term in my opinion. They may not have £millions to throw at the club, or waste as they have done this year, but i guarantee that the exec boxes would be full, off the field activity would be more profitable and they would get the Vale back into the community.

Sent from my LG-H850 using the onevalefan mobile app

My understanding is that Norman would not supply enough information to complete the due diligence so they were advised not to proceed until such info had been supplied. This was also the case with another potential buyer. Both parties paid the exclusivity payment.

SS Ltd is a very professional business. They would be good for Vale in the long term in my opinion. They may not have £millions to throw at the club, or waste as they have done this year, but i guarantee that the exec boxes would be full, off the field activity would be more profitable and they would get the Vale back into the community.

Sent from my LG-H850 using the onevalefan mobile app

The non refundable Exclusivity payment money is a nice little earner for the club/Smurf.Strange that for whatever reason the interested parties have gone no further.

Archived