onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics are still interested

Hagrid

Whoever owns the Vale, sooner or later the fans will start to get on their back when things don't run 100% smoothly.

Is it passion from the Vale fans or just interfering? Fans seem to think they have some God given right to get involved in the running of the club because they pay to watch a match. I pay to watch a film at the Cinema, if I don't enjoy the film I don't start demanding the owner of Odeon sells the place.

Very Good and I agree that at some point fans will moan, and around here, moan a lot. Unfortunately you have failed to answer my question which was " why do you think they would be bad for the Vale?". I ask you again to give your reasoning as to why they would not be good for Vale given the current predicament that the stupid fat tool has got us into.

Advert

Whoever owns the Vale, sooner or later the fans will start to get on their back when things don't run 100% smoothly.

Is it passion from the Vale fans or just interfering? Fans seem to think they have some God given right to get involved in the running of the club because they pay to watch a match. I pay to watch a film at the Cinema, if I don't enjoy the film I don't start demanding the owner of Odeon sells the place.

If only supporting a football team was like going the cinema.... If Vale was the cinema and Smurthwaite provided the show, then just how long do you think it would be before you could watch an out of date movie with dirty seats, faded projector lamps and a fight in an empty room.

You're new to football aren't you

Running a football club though is completely different to running a successful IT business. How would they be able to convert their knowledge and success in IT into the sports market?

We've seen it before in industry. Companies trying to move into a new market and failing miserably because they don't properly understand it. I've seen companies throw money at takeovers until something sticks. Just because Synetics have been hugely successful in one domain (and there is no doubt that they have) doesn't mean they can go into any market and be a success.

I'm guessing Smurf was a successful businessman to have the money he has, and look at the mess he's made at Vale. That was as a cash buyout. If, as Smurf has claimed, Synetics need to borrow cash to buy the club, that sets alarm bells ringing for me.

People will no doubt claim that I'm pro-Smurf or other such stupid attacks just because I've aired my doubts. But frankly I'm fed up of people coming in and promising us a brighter future then leading us from one **** up to another.

I agree that football clubs are different, Twitters, as Norman has found after he told us it would be easier than running Stoke Audi!

I would suspect though, that the basics of running a successful business whether it is an IT company, a football club or anything else are the same. You analyse the business, you put proper structures in place and you put the right people with the right experience in key positions. You have a proper business plan which is properly costed and you establish your priorities and stick to them.

No one knows if any new owner would be successful but it is pretty clear that Norman can't be so what have we got to lose?

Running a football club though is completely different to running a successful IT business. How would they be able to convert their knowledge and success in IT into the sports market?

We've seen it before in industry. Companies trying to move into a new market and failing miserably because they don't properly understand it. I've seen companies throw money at takeovers until something sticks. Just because Synetics have been hugely successful in one domain (and there is no doubt that they have) doesn't mean they can go into any market and be a success.

I'm guessing Smurf was a successful businessman to have the money he has, and look at the mess he's made at Vale. That was as a cash buyout. If, as Smurf has claimed, Synetics need to borrow cash to buy the club, that sets alarm bells ringing for me.

People will no doubt claim that I'm pro-Smurf or other such stupid attacks just because I've aired my doubts. But frankly I'm fed up of people coming in and promising us a brighter future then leading us from one **** up to another.

if I was the IT business owner ( it's not just simply IT is it but we'll go with your version ) with 350 employees in the building next door, then I think I'd go and do something like

Move a group of key staff over to the VP offices ( the buildings can be networked and the two companies staff can be covering both companies at given times.)

Employ sports based individuals to work in the key areas of the football club.

Club Secretary

Commercial Manager

Chief Executive - who then shortlists

1st Team Manager - who then picks

Coaching Staff and Cheif Scout.

The argument of IT company not knowing how to run a Football Club is floored. The IT company just needs to understand how to run a successful business and put people who can do certain jobs In said certain roles.

The more I think about it, the more I think that IT company could well make a real fist of this.

They'll have far more experience of keeping customers happy and using technology to keep in touch with them.

Smurthwaite's business background has presumably never required him to study marketing and customer service. How else can anyone explain his abandonment of any marketing at the club? What kind of owner patronises people with his pathetic "sweetie jar" nonsense? What other business continually messes up any ticket offers through zero promotion?

He's proven time and again to be totally out of his depth and was made a complete fool of last summer.

You'd have to work pretty hard to make a worse job of it than he has.

if I was the IT business owner ( it's not just simply IT is it but we'll go with your version ) with 350 employees in the building next door, then I think I'd go and do something like

Move a group of key staff over to the VP offices ( the buildings can be networked and the two companies staff can be covering both companies at given times.)

Club Secretary

Commercial Manager

2st Team Manager - who then picks

The argument of IT company not knowing how to run a Football Club is floored. The IT company just needs to understand how to run a successful business and put people who can do certain jobs In said certain roles.

The more I think about it, the more I think that IT company could well make a real fist of this.

Absolutely spot on I said the day smurf took over he had no clue how to run a football club but he needed to appoint a chief exec. I was probbably the very first to critisisise smurf to this end.

You are right great post

Well what are their motives to buy our club? If they are still interested it won't take long for some of the fans on here to put them off.

I'd like to know just what your motives are.Very strange that with you being so much in the know.Only just joined the forum and at a time of desperation for the club.Add to that a fictitious username and an attitude to wind people up.

Club Secretary

Commercial Manager

1st Team Manager - who then picks

Shall we have a whip round and you can run the club?

Totally different.The owner of the cinema isn't responsible for the film.

Archived