onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics are still interested

Hagrid

Advert

Carol Shannahan sat in the Paddock today with her friend.

She's there every game and at loads of the away games as well.

Norman always said he would leave the club in a better position than he found it. Well he found it on the verge of promotion to League 1 with absolutely no debt after he'd bought it from the Administrators.

He also said he would not just sell to anyone, he would only sell to buyers who he thought would be good for the club.

He clearly isn't going to achieve his first ambition because we are going to end up back in League 2 with his big debt hanging round our neck. Perhaps he should try to keep his word on the second one and sell to a local company who want the club at the heart of the Burslem community.

I've spoken to Carol Shanahan at away games a few times and I would love to see Synectics given the chance to develop the Vale in the same way they have developed their own company growing it from a small local business to one with over 350 employees and customers all over the world. They would not turn us into world beaters overnight and would not throw money at it with no obvious plan of action. I'm sure they would plan properly and run the club with integrity. What's not to like.

As a Vale fan all I want is an owner(s) who runs the club sensibly and professionally. Norman has tried but failed in doing that and I hope he'll strike a realistic deal to sell up to such a person / organisation which Symantics appear to be as opposed to Dumb & Dumber and their comedy hedge fund who's website reminds me of Wayne's World.

Norman always said he would leave the club in a better position than he found it. Well he found it on the verge of promotion to League 1 with absolutely no debt after he'd bought it from the Administrators.

He also said he would not just sell to anyone, he would only sell to buyers who he thought would be good for the club.

He clearly isn't going to achieve his first ambition because we are going to end up back in League 2 with his big debt hanging round our neck. Perhaps he should try to keep his word on the second one and sell to a local company who want the club at the heart of the Burslem community.

I've spoken to Carol Shanahan at away games a few times and I would love to see Synectics given the chance to develop the Vale in the same way they have developed their own company growing it from a small local business to one with over 350 employees and customers all over the world. They would not turn us into world beaters overnight and would not throw money at it with no obvious plan of action. I'm sure they would plan properly and run the club with integrity. What's not to like.

I back them taking us over Jean, I aren't sure if you think I'm having a go? My point is, i've seen them in the Valiant suite and sitting in the posh seats, i've never seen her sitting near me in the Paddock. The fact she sits there tells me she will hear what I hear, see what I see and understand what is needed to turn our club around.

Well what are their motives to buy our club? If they are still interested it won't take long for some of the fans on here to put them off.

I suspect they want the club to be an integral part of the Burslem community in the way that their business is. What were Norman's motives other than making money - his behaviour last summer when his whole modus operandi was to bring in cheap players and sell them at a profit rather than bring in decent experienced players to progress us slowly?

I back them taking us over Jean, I aren't sure if you think I'm having a go? My point is, i've seen them in the Valiant suite and sitting in the posh seats, i've never seen her sitting near me in the Paddock. The fact she sits there tells me she will hear what I hear, see what I see and understand what is needed to turn our club around.

I suspect you're right, Tim. It's the best place to go if you want to see the real Vale experience and understand the fans. I'm pretty sure she prefers the Paddock to the posh seats!

We can only pray that a company like Synetics are still interested in buying the Club.

I'm sure that some of the ********** fans will find a reason to question their viability or suitability.

A rebuild from Div 2 with them at helm is the best that we can hope for.

I just hope that come August, I can muster some sense of being bothered at what happens at a place that used to be so special to me.

My only issue is have they the funds to take PVFC forward as in up the leagues. Not just to stagnate.

My only issue is have they the funds to take PVFC forward as in up the leagues. Not just to stagnate.

like I said in response to this question the other day, why cant the club be run in such a way as it doesn't need someone elses money being thrown in? Bob Young and co managed it. Synectics have the staffing and nous to run the Vale to help it maximise its potential from its available resources, if it was run in this way it shouldn't need millions throwing at it

Stagnation would be a huge step forward to what Smurthwaite offers. However, I think they would run the club professionally and look to build in the right way. Total opposite of what we have right now.

I am not Danni, I am a Vale fan like you. I don't think they would be right for the Vale.

Ok everyone is entitled to an opinion - please explain why you think they would not be right for Vale and why you think they could not be better than Smurfweight.

Ok everyone is entitled to an opinion - please explain why you think they would not be right for Vale and why you think they could not be better than Smurfweight.

Whoever owns the Vale, sooner or later the fans will start to get on their back when things don't run 100% smoothly.

Is it passion from the Vale fans or just interfering? Fans seem to think they have some God given right to get involved in the running of the club because they pay to watch a match. I pay to watch a film at the Cinema, if I don't enjoy the film I don't start demanding the owner of Odeon sells the place.

Whoever owns the Vale, sooner or later the fans will start to get on their back when things don't run 100% smoothly.

Is it passion from the Vale fans or just interfering? Fans seem to think they have some God given right to get involved in the running of the club because they pay to watch a match. I pay to watch a film at the Cinema, if I don't enjoy the film I don't start demanding the owner of Odeon sells the place.

You don't understand football fans, mate, and you don't understand football.

Running a football club though is completely different to running a successful IT business. How would they be able to convert their knowledge and success in IT into the sports market?

We've seen it before in industry. Companies trying to move into a new market and failing miserably because they don't properly understand it. I've seen companies throw money at takeovers until something sticks. Just because Synetics have been hugely successful in one domain (and there is no doubt that they have) doesn't mean they can go into any market and be a success.

I'm guessing Smurf was a successful businessman to have the money he has, and look at the mess he's made at Vale. That was as a cash buyout. If, as Smurf has claimed, Synetics need to borrow cash to buy the club, that sets alarm bells ringing for me.

People will no doubt claim that I'm pro-Smurf or other such stupid attacks just because I've aired my doubts. But frankly I'm fed up of people coming in and promising us a brighter future then leading us from one **** up to another.

Archived