onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics are still interested

Hagrid

I don't mind boring mid L1 until a billionaire comes along to fund the Vale into the Prem, but once there, without a 60k stadium which all the big clubs will have by then I would not expect a top 6 place. I have enjoyed our last 3 spells in what is now the Championship, but they were treats, we never drew enough support to maintain that status, at least 20k at least.

Treats ? Yet a club like Bournmouth can enjoy the premiership ? Burton the Championship ? We can easily be a Championship club easily if the right person takes the club over. L1 is not good enough let alone L2.

Advert

Treats ? Yet a club like Bournmouth can enjoy the premiership ? Burton the Championship ? We can easily be a Championship club easily if the right person takes the club over. L1 is not good enough let alone L2.

I don't think we have the fanbase at the moment to sustain championship football. Yeovil enjoyed championship football recently. Where are they now?

You said in an earlier post that the club needed drive and ambition. Well I suspect the Business of the Year Award winners who have built up their company from its small local beginnings to a large organisation with clients on many continents around the world may just have a bit of that.

Hmmmmm, it is football though and football takes investment. Reading here they do however make a decent profit but its whether its locked up in further other investments. https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-Synectics-Solutions-EI_IE241318.11,30.htm

What do you know of the American fund for you to say not them over Norman? serious question,i know nothing on them so cant really say

Yes, serious question - but all you need to know about a hedge fund is that they're there to hedge their bets i.e. to make money whatever it takes, whatever the market conditions and whatever it costs. We'd be expendable, that's for certain.

It's also doubtful whether you'd ever get to the bottom of their plans as they're about as transparent as pea soup fog and their performance has given rise to a high degree of dissatisfaction by their investors, as this recent article from the FT makes clear:

https://www.ft.com/content/4b727f0a-f2dd-11e6-95ee-f14e55513608

In my view, and it's only my opinion, a hedge fund managing a football club is asking for trouble. I think, however bad it's been under Norman (and it's been very, very bad), it could get much worse under a hedge fund. Potentially, it could make Norman's regime look like a vicar's tea party.

What we need are owners who care for the club and will work their socks off to make it a success. At the moment, I'm looking at Lincoln, Brighton and even Rochdale as clubs whose supporters are well blessed with good, committed owners. Easier said than done, I know, but is it really too much to ask for?

Burton are currently having their treats, it cannot last, Rotherham are coming back to earth as are Wigan. Bournemouth are very well funded and in the South so could have a longer spell.

New tesla says it all as they have just been recalled due to a serious brake fault so Norman obviously knows as much about cars as he does about running a football club !!

Er, Tesla is now worth more than Ford and General Motors and is now the most valuable carmaker in the US.

https://www.ft.com/content/fa2f3bce-1e33-11e7-b7d3-163f5a7f229c

Norman's judgement on cars looks good to me - I just wish you could say the same for his football judgement :sad:

I'm confused. I'm sure someone commented on the exclusivity receipts going into the club. If the sale of the club would be by selling the shares surely the receipts go to the shareholder.

I don't have a clue who or where that money went.I think there were 4 different interested parties who paid up for it going from what has been said by different people.

So are you saying that the exclusivity payments go to Norman, not the club? In which case, has some of the money he has put in in loans come from cash he has got through not selling the club four times?

As I said a nice little earner with non refundable money.Thats if that IS what has happened.Guess we will never really know.

Er, Tesla is now worth more than Ford and General Motors and is now the most valuable carmaker in the US.

https://www.ft.com/content/fa2f3bce-1e33-11e7-b7d3-163f5a7f229c

Norman's judgement on cars looks good to me - I just wish you could say the same for his football judgement :sad:

Ideal for the Vale commute, charge at night, no need to visit a garage, simple decision.

If I had made an exclusivity payment and was not supplied with the full information I would be asking for my money back and the club might be appearing on Cant Pay We'll Take it Away. So cant see how this was the case.

I can assure you it was the case.

Sent from my LG-H850 using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived