onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Shrewsbury

Fosse69

Advert

A little mention about Kiko. At least 3 assists in the last few weeks, Bristol Rovers that forced the own goal, Swindon from the free kick for Hooper's goal and tonight for Taylor's goal.

He doesn't half put a mean ball in. His defending his improving too but makes me wonder if we should be converting him into a winger.

Or, to be more accurate you were posting posts at 9.15 and 9.17 on the Netherlands Election Thread, when actual Vale fans were at least following the match even if some of us were unable to get there.

Well done Vale, great win.

Ok, I will admit to popping out to the garage for more beer and then it was all over. Now have a Saturday game to look forward to next week.

Not the best game or performance from Vale apart from a 10 min spell in the 2nd half but who cares .... 3 points!! By the way Deniz is never a goalkeeper in a million years.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Michael Browns Black and White army two snashing absolutely beautiful goals ,lots of support from the fantastic fans .

Character much love

Utv loved it 😊

What was Brown doing bringing Kelly on.

Does he want to lose the match when he has Reg to bring on.

He replaced a completely spent Eagles with another midfield player with fresh legs.

I'm not the biggest Kelly fan but it seemed a reasonable move to help us relieve some pressure as we're getting deeper and deeper at the time.

Not the best game or performance from Vale apart from a 10 min spell in the 2nd half but who cares .... 3 points!! By the way Deniz is never a goalkeeper in a million years.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Oh, dear. What is Boot like then?

Can't knock the commitment of the players again. Every player ran himself into the ground and it was great to finish the game with 3 academy products on the pitch. Reeves was solid and Turner didn't stop chasing loose balls all night. Special mention to Smith, who again produced a superb performance. He's hitting form right when we need him.

If Eagles is given a bit of space he's one of the better players I've seen at Vale in a while. He glides across the pitch and we haven't had a player with vision like him for years. He tires easy and flits in and out, but when he's on his game he can create something from nothing (ball to Kiko for the 2nd). Taylor took his goal well, Foley covered every blade of grass, and Kiko, for all his deficiencies, is a quality crosser of the ball.

This squad lacks quality but has a team spirit and determination that might scrape us through. Brown has to be given credit for squeezing every last bit out of this motley crew.

There's still an uphill battle to stay in this division, but if we put in these effort levels, I can't see why we can't beat Chesterfield and Coventry. Then, its finding another 3 points from somewhere. Maybe MK at home, maybe grinding out a few draws, I don't know. Still, its good to come away feeling the players are playing for the shirt, and that we still have a fighting chance.

Whoever gave kiko a 1 for a rating is a disgrace. The kid's playing his part.

Agree he does and has the best delivery of a ball of anyone on the team plus he doesnt have much cover in front him same for purkiss .Took a goal again from outside the box even with a keeper who didnt look too confident at commanding his box

Archived