onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Shrewsbury

Fosse69

Great result tonight onwards and upwards to coventry on tuesday got to make sure we win that one.The only gripe i have after tonight is surely Foley has to be made captain leads by example on the pitch never stops running unlike Purkiss who seems to be in a world of his own on the pitch.

Reading on Sky blues talk Coventry have total given up on the league & are concentrating on their day out at Wembley. If we are to win away again this season then this is surely the match to do it in......

Advert

Amazing after an absolutely humungous win, we still have people on the thread banging on about cash turnstiles....for crying out loud give it a rest and bask in the glory of a ' possible ' pivotal night.

The poster who bemoaned not putting Cilla on and bringing on Kelly !! I do not portray to be Browns biggest fan but to go 3 up top would of been self destruction.

It was legs in the middle, irrespective of what we think of Kelly it was the right substitution and 99% of people who know about football would agree.

Cilla comes on it finishes 2-2 cue a thread about why didn't Brown stiffen up the middle of the park....jeez

I thought Turner made a massive difference. His willingness to chase down defenders and to take them on and harass them pushed them back as they were worried about his pace. Completely different and (in my opinion) better than Forrester. He occupied the central defenders which gave more space to others.

I liked what I saw from him

I'm not going to knock Turner as he tried and is still young but he didn't hold the ball up very well at all and needs to improve this side of his game. You do get this from Forrester but I think he too needs to get more shots away if he is to be more of a threat. Billy Reeves and Chris Eagles were outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Can we now finally put the ghost of Louis Dodds to bed also.

A player with many flaws, most peoples scapegoat or easy target.

He only plays one in five we often read, hence he is in League one. The majority of League one players fluctuate with their form, otherwise they would be in the Championship.

Dodds despite now having 10 goals has regularly been on the subs bench for Shrewsbury so again Hurst has seen his flaws and lack of that little ' something '.

He GUARANTEED a minimum of 6 each season from midfield.

Last night he showed his class and respect for the Vale supporters during and after the game.

Well done Doddsy you were a great servant to this club and i am sure you will be banging them in next season ( in league 2 )

Great atmosphere created last night in awful conditions. All the players put in a shift and again we lose two players to injury but still battle on. Some folk already bashing the keeper but other than flapping at one cross that was too high for everyone he did nothing wrong in what were nightmare conditions for a keeper. I felt more at ease with him in the side than I did with Fasan.

I'm not going to knock Turner as he tried and is still young but he didn't hold the ball up very well at all and needs to improve this side of his game. You do get this from Forrester but I think he too needs to get more shots away if he is to be more of a threat. Billy Reeves and Chris Eagles were outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Completely agree about Reeves and Eagles but not about Turner. His job was to inject some pace and pull the defenders about which he did in spades. There is no point holding the ball up when the rest of the team are far too deep which was the case in the first half.

Turner will get better at all aspects of his game but I think that he was just what was needed last night against those defenders.

We need an experienced keeper, Mehmet and Fasan are going to cost us.
I couldn't agree more Black Dog. We have 5 goalkeepers and judging by the performances this week by the two first choices none are any good.

As the Dog says the keepers will cost us big time. Mehmet is a tall bloke but he simply doesn't command his six yard box. He came for one cross in the first half and bodged it up then in the 2nd half I never saw him come for one cross.

Last night made me realise how lucky we were to have had Neal and Jak. My heart was in my mouth everytime the ball came near our goal and my mate Bert told me that he had eaten his pie three times in the last 20 minutes. (don't tell Smurthwaite or he will want to charge for the extra 2)

On the bright side the team showed plenty of fight and Turner was far more effective than Forrester who I consider is something of a 'powder puff' and not what you need in a battle.

Smithie and Streete were both magnificent so if our owner had any sense he would do his best to extend his contract 2.5 grand a week is nothing for a bloke who could bring in a big fee if he was sold.

Forrester was definitely not powder puff against Swindon. He held the ball up well and gave their defence plenty to think about.

Last night he was clearly injured mid way through the first half which impacted his game. It should also be remembered just how much football the team is playing at the moment. The whole squad will need to play a part for us to survive in this league.

Sent from my LG-H850 using the onevalefan mobile app

From me a special mention to Dan Turner. He is young but he gave us another outlet and he ran their defence ragged. How anyone can criticise him is beyond me. He is fresh, enthusiastic and gives opponents something else to think about. Keep it up young in and we will have a diamond on our hands for the future.

I couldn't agree more Black Dog. We have 5 goalkeepers and judging by the performances this week by the two first choices none are any good.

As the Dog says the keepers will cost us big time. Mehmet is a tall bloke but he simply doesn't command his six yard box. He came for one cross in the first half and bodged it up then in the 2nd half I never saw him come for one cross.

Last night made me realise how lucky we were to have had Neal and Jak. My heart was in my mouth everytime the ball came near our goal and my mate Bert told me that he had eaten his pie three times in the last 20 minutes. (don't tell Smurthwaite or he will want to charge for the extra 2)

On the bright side the team showed plenty of fight and Turner was far more effective than Forrester who I consider is something of a 'powder puff' and not what you need in a battle.

Smithie and Streete were both magnificent so if our owner had any sense he would do his best to extend his contract 2.5 grand a week is nothing for a bloke who could bring in a big fee if he was sold.

For all his superb saves this season, Jak Alnwick was poor at coming off his line and when he did he also flapped at many a ball. The keeper last night did nothing wrong other than the one missed punch at a high ball which flew over the defence. The conditions were dreadful for keepers and such an instant put down for Mehmet is petty and not warranted.

Forrester was definitely not powder puff against Swindon. He held the ball up well and gave their defence plenty to think about.

Last night he was clearly injured mid way through the first half which impacted his game. It should also be remembered just how much football the team is playing at the moment. The whole squad will need to play a part for us to survive in this league.

Sent from my LG-H850 using the onevalefan mobile app

Spot on Inny, Forrester sat on his haunches clearly wasn't 100 % . Last week he did a great job leading the line and criticism a tad harsh

Archived