onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Shrewsbury

Fosse69

Another must win game, of many to come, if the Escape route is to be kept open. There are always twists and turns but we may need more than 50 points. Shrews are struggling too and need to be kept in the mix as well as our need for a win. No doubt the usual shuffle with injuries, good news that Streete is in the running again. Hope our stamina holds up as the visitors do not have a game in midweek. Keep the hopes alive.

Advert

Since the start of the year, shrews have picked up 22 points. 4th best in division. Only Fleetwood, Sheff Utd and Bradford have picked up more points in 2017. Weve picked up 8 points.
Not so long ago they were bottom, they have done very well but seem to be coasting at present with a couple of draws, 1 win, 1 loss in the last 4 games. Clutching at straws probably.

After last night's disappointment I'd go with:

Mehmet

Purkiss Streete? Smith Kiko

Shodipo Guy Foley Hooper

Eagles

Forrester

Fancied us to beat Swindon and fancy us to win this. I think if we win this we'll stay up, anything else I think we're goners! It's that big of a match!

After last night's disappointment I'd go with:

Mehmet

Purkiss Streete? Smith Kiko

Shodipo Guy Foley Hooper

Eagles

Forrester

Fancied us to beat Swindon and fancy us to win this. I think if we win this we'll stay up, anything else I think we're goners! It's that big of a match!

Confidence booster for the key matches about to come up.

Every game is a must win from now until the end of the season really, but this & the Coventry result will be massive indicators of where we're going to end up. Minimum of 4 points from the 2 required, although really should be getting 6, regardless of form guides & stats.

People are obviously gutted after last night (including me), but before the game a lot were saying that Friday is more important, which I agree with, & also that we need so many wins from the remaining games. However, as soon as we lose one, the majority suddenly change their opinion & we're definitely going down again.

Trying to look at it from a realistic point of view (with a bit of optimism of course), we still have a lot more football to play than the others, & just as we did last night, the rest are almost guaranteed to slip up too (which is why we're all in the same position).

Win Friday & Oldham lose at Peterborough, we're back to our position post Swindon, 2 points from safety, with 2/3 games in hand over Shrews/Oldham. Beat Coventry & we could be out of the zone entirely, with games in hand still. Big ask but it can happen!

The next week is massive, yes, but it's nowhere near over yet, keep the faith. UTV

Every game is a must win from now until the end of the season really, but this & the Coventry result will be massive indicators of where we're going to end up. Minimum of 4 points from the 2 required, although really should be getting 6, regardless of form guides & stats.

People are obviously gutted after last night (including me), but before the game a lot were saying that Friday is more important, which I agree with, & also that we need so many wins from the remaining games. However, as soon as we lose one, the majority suddenly change their opinion & we're definitely going down again.

Trying to look at it from a realistic point of view (with a bit of optimism of course), we still have a lot more football to play than the others, & just as we did last night, the rest are almost guaranteed to slip up too (which is why we're all in the same position).

Win Friday & Oldham lose at Peterborough, we're back to our position post Swindon, 2 points from safety, with 2/3 games in hand over Shrews/Oldham. Beat Coventry & we could be out of the zone entirely, with games in hand still. Big ask but it can happen!

The next week is massive, yes, but it's nowhere near over yet, keep the faith. UTV

Twists and turns, elation then despair. Of course we have weaknesses in the side and a fair number of injuries, otherwise we would not be in our current position. We all know the reasons, but for the time being it is a game at a time, then onto the next one.

Twists and turns, elation then despair. Of course we have weaknesses in the side and a fair number of injuries, otherwise we would not be in our current position. We all know the reasons, but for the time being it is a game at a time, then onto the next one.

Exactly, I'm expecting plenty of ups & downs in the next 6 weeks. Hopefully it finishes on an up :smile:

That's a good point actually. If we beat Shrews and Oldham and/or Bury lose their away games then we're back where we were before last night. Psychologically that would be huge if we go to Coventry in that position.

i think too many are assuming Bury and Oldham will ' just lose '.

Peterborough are in absolutely horrific form won 3 of last 12 including the demoilition of ourselves.

Oldham and Bury are getting momentum, Bury 5 wins from last 8.

Also a fair bit of luck, Oldham last minute winners, 2 injury time pens saved by their keeper.

Last night Bury were being mullered and the **** with pony tail and big beard got 2 yellows both for diving, 3-0 Bury.

We cannot rely on others and have simply got to get a minimum of 7 from 9 or we gone.

i think too many are assuming Bury and Oldham will ' just lose '.

Peterborough are in absolutely horrific form won 3 of last 12 including the demoilition of ourselves.

Oldham and Bury are getting momentum, Bury 5 wins from last 8.

Also a fair bit of luck, Oldham last minute winners, 2 injury time pens saved by their keeper.

Last night Bury were being mullered and the **** with pony tail and big beard got 2 yellows both for diving, 3-0 Bury.

We cannot rely on others and have simply got to get a minimum of 7 from 9 or we gone.

I don't think anyone's assuming anything at the moment! Nothing is certain and the calorifically-challenged female is a long way from finishing her song just yet.

I don't think anyone's assuming anything at the moment! Nothing is certain and the calorifically-challenged female is a long way from finishing her song just yet.

Your quote smithie...If we beat Shrews and Oldham and/or Bury lose their away games then we're back where we were before last night

If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle.

The fat lady is clearing her throat.

Bury minus 7 , Vale minus 17.

So we need 7 points to leapfrog Bury unless we win our games in hand by 5-0. :huh:

Archived