onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fasan

Advert

I'd be happy with someone shooting from 35 yards as 99/100 the keeper just deals with it or it isn't on target.

No way should Fasan have been beaten with that shot.

I agree that he shouldn't have been, was almost falling over to get there, but when it's a good player who's known for being able to hit them from there, you're still asking for trouble giving him that much space.

Last night his kicking was awful from the off. He didnt come for many (if any) balls in to the box. Their first is a total fluke, and I bet hes thinking he should have done better with it. Ultimately he cost us a point with the shocker of a second goal, I'm not sure what he was doing with his positioning, but I think to criticise him for the deflected goal in the Swindon game is really harsh.

No blame for the Swindon deflection.I was trying to defend him on that one,PV1973.Missed the question mark.:wink:

i was criticised by a poster on here for suggesting we needed a 30 something League 0ne/ two journeyman keeper in the Window.

Celtics 5th choice or Falkirks 2nd choice, take your pick.

Umpteen managers Page/Bruno/Brown do not rate or trust Boot yet he is still here, harsh game football is, he needs to be jettisoned.

And looking at the DW who seems to be training the keepers NOT Kirkland , when your keeper coach is 3 stone overweight it doesn,t give you confidence does it.

Swindle and Cobblers' first goals absolute flukes, their second ones, Smith and Foley respectively have to take lumps for letting the guy get a late touch on the ball and not closing down respectively. I'm not saying Leo's Alnwick standard but I think people are going off the deep end here a bit.

Swindle's first goal was a deflection and Fasan had no chance, however IMHO both Cobbler's goals were down to him. Both times the ball travelled a long way and both times Fasan's footwork wasn't good enough to get him in position to make the save, the second one he was also out of position expecting a cross.

Footwork is key for a goalkeeper.

Against Swindon he was blameless for the first goal because of the huge deflection but their second goal was dreadful goalkeeping and he should have saved it easily. Last night I'll cut him some slack for Northampton's first as it was a proper fluke that looked like an attempted cross that just happened to drop in the two square feet that Fasan couldn't reach, however, their winner was awful, not a particularly well struck effort from miles out that bumbled in because of poor positioning from Fasan coupled with (as Paul 6754 says) woeful footwork. That said yet again as a team we were backing off and allowed an opposition player time and space to have a punt from distance, something that has cost us a fair few goals this season.

Browny will be well aware of the shortcomings we have but can he get the players to behave differently? Mentally we lack the strength to see games out and concede far too many late goals, often because when we're trying to cling on to a point or a lead we sit deeper and deeper as the end of the game approaches, basically asking to concede. Defending starts at the front and we have to be stronger higher up the pitch, especially in midfield. We should be thwarting the opposition moves more towards the halfway line than our own 18 yard line but our midfielders struggle to hold the ball and give it away too much.

It's proper crunch time now and the only way out of this situation is to start by winning the next two games otherwise it's nailed on back to League 2.

I agree about the Swindon game 1st faultless 2nd should have saved it. Last night the 1st one he's not moved his feet to adjust his position at all before attempting to reach the ball. I would expect a goalkeeper at this level to be able to deal with it at tip it over the bar. The 2nd one is a joke ! The starting position is absolutely ridiculous which is why he was no where near it. He certainly cost us the points last night no doubt. He had little to do and his kicking was terrible. A poor keeper at this level in my opinion. Personally I would prefer to see Boot play. I know he had a shaky 1st team debut but I've watched this lad develop through the youth team and he is a very good keeper .I'm certain will be our no.1 in time.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Archived