onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke by--election

Bea Smith

Fake news.

Is it just me who finds this phrase incredibly annoying?

The Human Wotsit used it on Twitter once during a rant and it caught on like wildfire, it's become a catch phrase. Browse through the comments from the mastermind critical thinking intellectual commentators on dailymail.co.uk and any point of view or revelation they don't agree with is decried as 'fake news.' It's like the Sheep in Animal Farm chanting "four legs good, two legs better" over and over again. There must be a name for social phenomenons like this, I don't know what it is; all I know is I inch closer and closer to a straitjacket in Harplands every time I read about the latest leak/scandal from the Oval office on the internet and a Trump cretin in the comment section screeches back about it being "fake news." Doing my head in.

Advert

My apologies. I'd not seen any reports of this council by-election. Prescott does vote in different ways to the rest of the Borough. Good luck to the Greens. I hope their one Councillor does ok.

Knowsley has many problems caused by government cuts and bad education policy but on other policy areas the council have done a great job.

My biggest issue with nuttall, and ukip in general, is once you read past their policy on the EU, they seem to just say whatever they think will get them votes in order to get in. The NHS is the best policy. Nuttal has apparently made a u-turn on this. It's not just a change of mind on a small policy point, it is a ideological u-turn. I can't see how anyone believes he has made such a change. It smacks at a 'get in at all costs, say whatever we need to' tactic. All the obvious issues aside, which have been covered to death, I can't see how people really know what they will be voting for in the long term.

My biggest issue with nuttall, and ukip in general, is once you read past their policy on the EU, they seem to just say whatever they think will get them votes in order to get in. The NHS is the best policy. Nuttal has apparently made a u-turn on this. It's not just a change of mind on a small policy point, it is a ideological u-turn. I can't see how anyone believes he has made such a change. It smacks at a 'get in at all costs, say whatever we need to' tactic. All the obvious issues aside, which have been covered to death, I can't see how people really know what they will be voting for in the long term.

Isn't that what happened with the Brexit referendum? Get out at all costs and then let's just see what happens and hope that it all turns out to be okay.

I worked in Bootle for 20 years. Nuttall went to school where my mate was the Head teacher. He was a goalie who just made the school team but not good enough for a professional trial.

He is however, a world class fantasist. He has a long record on Merseyside of making things up then blaming it on somebody else. He must be amazing to not have read his own website ever for the past 6 years.

He's unelectable round here. He stood in Bootle at the General Election and lost by over 28,000 votes. They've long experience of him round here and he'll never be elected.

I'm sorry he's inflicted himself on Stoke Central. I have a lot of affection for my former home area but if he's elected he'll sneak back when he wants a tv interview but that's the last you'll see of him. He will however, tell lots of lies.

Didn't you post this rubbish on the other thread? You must be desperate to ensure Nuttall doesn't win. He never made anything up...instead a lot has been taken out of context the bottome line is Stoke on Trent needs a refreshing change and to have someone whom will actually work for the constituency instead of taking Stoke on Trent for granted as a safe seat...this is why Stoke on Trent does not improve it's life chances for a majority of people whom have always worked but got no where...enough is enough

The Monster Raving Loony, aka The Flying Brick , is standing on a promise to introduce Piranha into the Trent in order to make fishing a spectator sport. Sounds good to me.

The compulsory serving of asparagus for breakfast, free corsets for under 5's, and the abolition of slavery.

Didn't you post this rubbish on the other thread? You must be desperate to ensure Nuttall doesn't win. He never made anything up...instead a lot has been taken out of context the bottome line is Stoke on Trent needs a refreshing change and to have someone whom will actually work for the constituency instead of taking Stoke on Trent for granted as a safe seat...this is why Stoke on Trent does not improve it's life chances for a majority of people whom have always worked but got no where...enough is enough

So you think nuttall is here out of a passion to improve stoke and not because he wants a job. The reason he is here is because he is unelectable in his home city.

As for his claims being out of context, it was a direct quote from his website. And his website also printed a host of untruths such as being a professional footballer, like it matters. It's just weird.

Honestly, if you really still believe Paul Nuttall is an honest man who has the interests of the working class or the constituents of Stoke Central at the top of his agenda you are seriously deluded.

So you think nuttall is here out of a passion to improve stoke and not because he wants a job. The reason he is here is because he is unelectable in his home city.

As for his claims being out of context, it was a direct quote from his website. And his website also printed a host of untruths such as being a professional footballer, like it matters. It's just weird.

He's also put it in statements and/ or stated it in interviews. Ukippers won't actualy confront that, preferring instead to go on about smears and press secretaries. It's their usual obfuscation tactics. Nuttall DID claim he lost close and personal friends at Hillsborough but the likes of Carl think that by continually trotting out the party line of denial and pathetic counter-claim, that they'll wriggle off the hook. Thing is, I think people are beginning to see through it, which is why I'd happily put money on them not winning the by-election. They're a grubby little party, led by a squalid compulsive liar and, from what I've read on here, supported by disingenuous and witless idiots.

Now, obviously Snell hasn't covered himself in glory and you would like to think that in the whole of the area, Labour could find a better calibre member to stand and it's a shame that they didn't. Having said that, he seems to have done some decent work in Newcastle and has genuine concern for the local area so when the dust settles, the electorate might just find themselves with a decent MP, albeit one that doesn't like Deirdre from Coronation Street.

Archived