onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke by--election

Bea Smith

Who does everyone think will win next week's by-elections ?

I expect the Tories to win Copeland, but Stoke is more open.

I see Harry Hill-sborough had a tear in his eye when he 'apologised' for the lies on his website about knowing Hillsborough victims.

The Betfair website actually had UKIP as almost identical odds to Labour a couple of weeks ago, still close on there but Labour odds were shortening last time I looked. This is just for information, and is fact not my view - my view is that polls/betting have been wrong so often recently that they are not reliable.

Just to add a bit of spice to the proceedings, I believe Question Time is from Stoke on the day of the election, and Peter Scroates isd one of the panel members, should be fun.

Advert

Nuttall's really seized defeat from the jaws of victory here. I was convinced the ukips would win this. However, to win, I think he needed to gather the majority of the 'anti-Labour' vote, even if that parts of the electorate (namely the tories) pinching their noses whilst voting for ukips. Now he's been exposed as an untrustworthy lying scumbag, I can't see as many tories (for example) compromising and voting for him, even if it did mean getting Labour out. I also think that ukip's counter argument, stating that Snell tweeting that Deirdre from Coronation Street needing a slap was sexist holds much water with anyone who can actually breathe through their nose.

Nuttall's really seized defeat from the jaws of victory here. I was convinced the ukips would win this. However, to win, I think he needed to gather the majority of the 'anti-Labour' vote, even if that parts of the electorate (namely the tories) pinching their noses whilst voting for ukips. Now he's been exposed as an untrustworthy lying scumbag, I can't see as many tories (for example) compromising and voting for him, even if it did mean getting Labour out. I also think that ukip's counter argument, stating that Snell tweeting that Deirdre from Coronation Street needing a slap was sexist holds much water with anyone who can actually breathe through their nose.

Smeeth and Farrelly both voted against Brexit so in my view are not fit to represent never mind get elected.Labours days are numbered.The uk independent party have achieved their goals but are taking great delight in rubbing corbyns nose well and truly in it.He has the backbone of a gudgeon.

Smeeth and Farrelly both voted against Brexit so in my view are not fit to represent never mind get elected.Labours days are numbered.The uk independent party have achieved their goals but are taking great delight in rubbing corbyns nose well and truly in it.He has the backbone of a gudgeon.

Don't you think we should wait until after the result of the by-election before saying who has rubbed who's nose in it, my little bi-cars gudgeonboy ?

PS The Greens won council seats from Labour (Knowsley) and more impressively, from UKIP in the Forstb bof Dean this week. Not widely reported in the scum press - the Green vote went up 30 per cent and UKIPs vote totally collapsed.

There haven't been any elections in Knowsley this week.

The last elections were last May. The Labour Council reduced the number of Councillors from over 60 to 45 as they don't think it's fair that Councillors shouldn't also face cuts.

The elections here in Knowsley were over 40 Labour with 3 Lib Dems in Prescott. No Greens.

I worked in Bootle for 20 years. Nuttall went to school where my mate was the Head teacher. He was a goalie who just made the school team but not good enough for a professional trial.

He is however, a world class fantasist. He has a long record on Merseyside of making things up then blaming it on somebody else. He must be amazing to not have read his own website ever for the past 6 years.

He's unelectable round here. He stood in Bootle at the General Election and lost by over 28,000 votes. They've long experience of him round here and he'll never be elected.

I'm sorry he's inflicted himself on Stoke Central. I have a lot of affection for my former home area but if he's elected he'll sneak back when he wants a tv interview but that's the last you'll see of him. He will however, tell lots of lies.

Anyone who votes for Nuttall is clearly deranged given his multitude of lies.

Having you say 'don't vote for Nutter' is a bit like Tony Blair sticking his nose in against Brexit.

Whatever party it is you don't have the right to say people are deranged, they m,ay hjave been misled badly and in this case plain lied to, but you aren't going to make anyone do anything except dig their heels in with that sort of remark.

There haven't been any elections in Knowsley this week.

The last elections were last May. The Labour Council reduced the number of Councillors from over 60 to 45 as they don't think it's fair that Councillors shouldn't also face cuts.

The elections here in Knowsley were over 40 Labour with 3 Lib Dems in Prescott. No Greens.

Whats this then - an imaginary piece of Trump-style fake news ? Apology please........

https://northwest.greenparty.org.uk/news/2017/02/12/knowsley-greens-win-first-town-council-seat/

Having you say 'don't vote for Nutter' is a bit like Tony Blair sticking his nose in against Brexit.

Whatever party it is you don't have the right to say people are deranged, they m,ay hjave been misled badly and in this case plain lied to, but you aren't going to make anyone do anything except dig their heels in with that sort of remark.

More fool them then, all they need to do is the tiniest piece of research to see what a grade a scumbag he is and how he's trying to utilise Stoke / it's people and it's current downward spiral and apathy to sneak his way in despite his tirade of lies. That said the labour candidate is hardly a paragon or virtue either.

More fool them then' date=' all they need to do is the tiniest piece of research to see what a grade a scumbag he is and how he's trying to utilise Stoke / it's people and it's current downward spiral and apathy to sneak his way in despite his tirade of lies. That said the labour candidate is hardly a paragon or virtue either.[/quote']

Then vote Green, the only honest alternative.

I was just pointing out that shouting people down Trump-style creates a defensive reaction wheras if you show the good reason not to vote for the candidate people might change their minds.

I must admit if I had a vote to cast in that seat, I would be torn between voting for the Green party who I would like to win, but have no chance here, and Labour to keep Nutall out.

I have confidence that the voters in that seta will not elect this person - people don't like being used.

Archived