onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

dwindling crowds/atmosphere

RayWalkers40yarder

Well I hope you gave it for someone else to use. Otherwise I class that as treason. Not only daft as you've already paid but high treason. NEVER let a ticket go un-used or you yourself become a problem to the dwindling crowds and terrible atmosphere.

To be fair as a ST holder I'm choosing to take the next couple of home games off as there are better things I can be doing and wasting a massive chunk on fuel etc is just daft when I'm not enjoying it. The Northampton game could well be the dullest game ever witnessed at VP.

You can't transfer tickets by the way.

Advert

I think because Louis is a bright lad he could see where we were heading so he jumped ship because the team was being ripped apart and being rebuilt with cheaper poorer quality players.

Doddsie's only mistake he should have looked a little closer as to where he was jumping too!

I don't think that's true as we've had clear outs and problems previously and Dodds always stayed. Personally I'll believe what he said in that he needed a new challenge. I also don't think we've signed poorer players to those who have left, baring a few exceptions in O'Connor and Dodds. I'd take some players like knopps over mgcivern any day of the week.

Well, they were made derisory offers that made it amost impossible for them to stay.

Dodds was never a regular in the team in the 6 years he was here.He usually had one good game then 3 bad and never saw him get his shorts dirty. O Connors form dipped towards the end of his contract and openly admitted he was only at Vale because he didn't get a better offer closer to home.He hasn't played regularly for Notts County due to poor form and his usual injury prone absences.

Can you say that Dickinson,Duffy,Mc Givern,Dodds and Leitch Smith are doing better than when they were playing for Vale.

None has moved on to bigger and better things and I don't think Street or Smith would have been given a chance under Page.

Dodds was never a regular in the team in the 6 years he was here.He usually had one good game then 3 bad and never saw him get his shorts dirty. O Connors form dipped towards the end of his contract and openly admitted he was only at Vale because he didn't get a better offer closer to home.He hasn't played regularly for Notts County due to poor form and his usual injury prone absences.

Can you say that Dickinson,Duffy,Mc Givern,Dodds and Leitch Smith are doing better than when they were playing for Vale.

None has moved on to bigger and better things and I don't think Street or Smith would have been given a chance under Page.

I know that nobody will score the same amount of goals that Dodds and AJ scored for us last season, you sound like Smurf he said he could replace his squad last season with cheaper players.

One thing I have noticed, the atmosphere has deffo. got worse since the away fans were moved to the Lorne st side of the Hamil, you only have to look where the singers used to stand at the end of the railway there's just a big empty space there now.

Might have something to do with the poor away followings as well(apart from Coventry)?

That's not true, he left on 27 May before Bruno was hired on 20 June and no players wer signed. There's enough wrong without making things up

It is a fact though that cheaper players were going to be brought in because the budget had been slashed by Norman and players were being offered much reduced contracts.

Exactly on the same terms so reduced terms never applied to him. As he said he just wanted a new challenge as much as other folk try to re-write history.

"Just wanted a new challenge" covers a multitude reasons one of which may be that he was disgusted by Smurf's tactics and was going to go if he could get a similar contract elswhere. Why wait around on an extension to ultimatley be treated in such a disgraceful manner in the future and why walk away from a possible testimonial, Dodds left because of much more than wanting a new challenge.

Archived