onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

dwindling crowds/atmosphere

RayWalkers40yarder

Hello fellow valiants :) very rarely do i post nowadays because i was one of the people wanting page out after his negative playstyle on the pitch was boring me to death and i didnt want to start sounding like a broken record wanting yet another manager out . unfortunately this negativity around the club seems to have spread to the crowds at home. i wouldve thought that a more pleasing on the eye style of play i.e not micky adams long ball game wouldve brought some more people thru the turnstyles and yes while our away form is still unbelievably bad at home our record is pretty good. there are a lot of clubs far worse off than us at the moment so just what is keeping the fans away? and can anything be done to improve the gates and atmosphere as i have a feeling our first sub 3000 gate is coming soon......

Advert

I think football in general is becoming dull. I know our style has changed and our build up play is painfully slow but it is almost as if you can tell what will happen even before we start.

Days have gone whereby you would have a right go against superior opposition. It's as though we accept our fate well before we step onto the pitch.

It happens in Premier league games too. I find football a far less attractive entertainment now compared to 20 years ago

Unfortunately, poor planning over the summer has cost us. People won't pay £23 to come and watch middle of the road Third Division football. The ST deadline should have been extended, even just for 2 weeks, once Bruno was appointed. That was the opportunity to "build the buzz" but unfortunately nobody at the Vale has the first clue about how to do that!

I think football in general is becoming dull.

I find football a far less attractive entertainment now compared to 20 years ago

It sure is, and it's not all down to performances.

How many people who fancy going tonight but don't have a season ticket will pay £23.00?

Football admission costs are far, far too much for pay-on-the-day casual fans.

A whole generation of people think football started in 1992.

All-seater stadia have had a huge impact on atmosphere.

I'm actually starting to fear for a lot of 3rd and 4th division clubs long-term (us included).

Football is no longer part of the weekend ritual for many young people, so something must be done to attract a new crowd.

Think gates have dropped for numerous reasons:-

1. The uncertainty in the summer over manager/players affected season ticket sales, those that didn't renew are not likely to pay every match.

2. The walk up price is way too high (not just at Vale but in football in general)

3. The lack of atmosphere at the ground and moving the away fans may have put some off?

4. Lack off cash turnstiles and having to buy in advance I'm sure puts casual people off.

5. Lack of effort or apathy from the club to offer unique and well advertised ticket campaigns/offers over a period of time.

6. People may disagree but I think there is a lack of belief from people that the club can compete higher than where we are now as our results against the likes of Bolton, SHEFF UTD, Wolves, Brentford have shown over the last few seasons.

Think gates have dropped for numerous reasons:-

1. The uncertainty in the summer over manager/players affected season ticket sales, those that didn't renew are not likely to pay every match.

2. The walk up price is way too high (not just at Vale but in football in general)

3. The lack of atmosphere at the ground and moving the away fans may have put some off?

4. Lack off cash turnstiles and having to buy in advance I'm sure puts casual people off.

5. Lack of effort or apathy from the club to offer unique and well advertised ticket campaigns/offers over a period of time.

6. People may disagree but I think there is a lack of belief from people that the club can compete higher than where we are now as our results against the likes of Bolton, SHEFF UTD, Wolves, Brentford have shown over the last few seasons.

Bolton?

Archived